Dec 27, 2018

Katya

ECF Guru
Supporting Member
ECF Veteran
Verified Member
Feb 23, 2010
SoCal
That's just it. They DO know what they are doing. They have a financial interest in make people go back to smoking. They are getting exactly what they wanted.

I don't know, Scott. Maybe a few puppet masters know what they are doing, but the rest of them... I have serious doubts. So much sheer stupidity. All those msm talking heads passing for journalists nowadays--uninformed, lazy, biased, un- or under-educated, and stupid. Just reading what's on the prompter without a second of hesitation or thought. It's a disgrace.

uthinkofsomething

Ultra Member
ECF Veteran
Jun 7, 2015
Toledo, Ohio
I don't know, Scott. Maybe a few puppet masters know what they are doing, but the rest of them... I have serious doubts. So much sheer stupidity. All those msm talking heads passing for journalists nowadays--uninformed, lazy, biased, un- or under-educated, and stupid. Just reading what's on the prompter without a second of hesitation or thought. It's a disgrace.
I can't agree enough with this. The headlines and the spin are as far as they need to go to make a decision.

ScottP

Vaping Master
ECF Veteran
Verified Member
Apr 9, 2013
Houston, TX

I guess it depends on how you define "anti-vaping zealots". To me that is the "puppet masters" as you call them. People like Stanton Glantz, Dick Durbin, Michael Bloomberg, etc. and they know exactly what they are doing and what the result will be. I don't consider the talking heads as "anti-vaping zealots", they are barely above trained monkeys that just read the scripts handed to them by the puppet masters and not a single original thought among them. I don't consider John Q Public that is clueless or misinformed by the aforementioned talking monkeys as "anti-vaping zealots", they are just "useful idiots" to the "puppet masters".

ruet

ECF Veteran
Verified Member
Apr 20, 2011
GR, MI
I have no desire to stop vaping but even if I couldn't vape, I would not go back to smoking. My daily nicotine consumption is down to the level where I could probably easily stop at this point. I don't really get any major cravings for nicotine anymore. down to 1.5 MG/ML for around a year now and not vaping anymore than I did before slowly reducing it to that point.

Have a liter of 100mg nicotine in freezer. Should last a very long time. Plan on getting another liter before year is out.

Do you mind if I ask how long you smoked and, ball-park, how many times you, really, tried to quit? I smoked for 25 years and, really, tried to quit about a dozen times during that span. The longest I went was around 3 months. I used to work with a guy who had quit for 10 years and went back to smoking. He did it just so he could socialize with people in the office during breaks. It was a small office with a majority of smokers v. non-smokers. In the absence of viable alternatives, you never know what might deliver you to cigarettes.

Eskie

ECF Guru
ECF Veteran
Verified Member
May 6, 2016
NY
First off, seeing adults go from vaping to smoking is IMO a thinning of the herd. If someone is stupid enough to think cigarettes are safer, I have little to no compassion for what their end result will be.

I am concerned about teens. They may well pick up cigarettes in higher numbers as vaping fades away but they still want the thrill of a nic buzz or just plain acting like teens. As vaping rates then decrease, and teen smoking increases, the conclusion will be reached that vaping really was a gateway to smoking, and any remaining vape products that survive on the market will be completely pulled. Then we're outlaws who ruined the lives of all those teens.

stols001

Moved On
ECF Veteran
May 30, 2017
I am fearful I would return to smoking. I'm glad I am taking even more steps for that to happen.

I gave up on expecting the world to make sense a LONG time ago; rather, it makes sense, but a sick kind of sense. If you know what I mean.

I should say, I gave up on life being rational.

Anna

Beamslider

Vaping Master
ECF Veteran
Verified Member
May 29, 2017
San Francisco
Do you mind if I ask how long you smoked and, ball-park, how many times you, really, tried to quit? I smoked for 25 years and, really, tried to quit about a dozen times during that span. The longest I went was around 3 months. I used to work with a guy who had quit for 10 years and went back to smoking. He did it just so he could socialize with people in the office during breaks. It was a small office with a majority of smokers v. non-smokers. In the absence of viable alternatives, you never know what might deliver you to cigarettes.

I smoked a pack and half, sometimes more for around 45 years. During that time, I rarely even seriously considered quitting. I did briefly stop for a couple months but went back to smoking.

Due to health issues, I decided to quit and decided to try vaping. I decided that the only way to do it was vape and not smoke. I started with those high nicotine disposables. They helped with the cravings but still didn't stop it so I toughed it out. It took around 3 to 4 weeks to stop craving cigarettes and I knew then that I could vape and not smoke. There is definitely something in cigarettes that is addictive other than Nicotine. I switched equipment and increased the amount of vapor intake, I fairly quickly went from 24 mg nicotine down to 4 mg and around 10 to 15 ml a day. Over a year, I was able to slowly lower the nicotine to 1.5 mg and stick with around 10 ml a day.

I tend to vape heavy in the AM and not much during the day and then vape in the afternoon. Works for me and I will stick with it.

stols001

Moved On
ECF Veteran
May 30, 2017
Sadly, not me I don't think. The idea of being a smoker, dying slowly, and how I might smell to others makes me barf, but the idea of that initial cigarette remains a siren song I'm afraid.

It's really only the first one, then your tastebuds (and everything else) starts to die and it becomes a disgusting addiction and a habit-- I know this. My lungs wouldn't survive very long.

It's what keeps me from smoking the first one and if I over stock by several thousand dollars I am OKAY with that and consider it money well spent. WITHOUT vaping, it would be very, very hard to quit. Even with snus, although that is probably what I would try to do, but I would not be happy.
Anna

Don29palms

Moved On
ECF Veteran
Sep 12, 2014
joshua tree, ca
It's interesting that people are seeing different sides of this coin. I posted this as a indicator of what's to come. A mass exodus of people who used to smoke or have never smoked turning to cigarettes.
I really doubt that is the case. I smoke cigarettes for over 30 years. I know I'm not the only one. I started vaping to quit smoking cigarettes. I'm down to 1.5mg nic ejuice. It will be a cold day in hell that I would ever smoke a cigarette ever again. CNN has proven many times over they are not to be trusted with anything.

Eskie

ECF Guru
ECF Veteran
Verified Member
May 6, 2016
NY
I really doubt that is the case. I smoke cigarettes for over 30 years. I know I'm not the only one. I started vaping to quit smoking cigarettes. I'm down to 1.5mg nic ejuice. It will be a cold day in hell that I would ever smoke a cigarette ever again. CNN has proven many times over they are not to be trusted with anything.

What's the total volume of 1.5 mg do you vape a day? I started almost 5 years ago, first with Vuse that was a 48 mg cartridge. Needed two a day, Then changed to a clearo and started using actual e juice, and vaped about about 2 ml of 24 mg, or 48 mg of nic a day. Now I'm down to 6 mg 8 ml a day, or still 48 mg a day. It's interesting how despite the mtl to dl more juice vaped change, my daily "intake" is essentially the same as when I started.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Users who are viewing this thread