Status
Not open for further replies.

69CamaroSS

Vaping Master
ECF Veteran
Verified Member
Mar 8, 2014
Upstate, SC, USA
Hi all. I have a question about my new Segelei Zmax V5. It's rated at a possible output of 6v or 15w. While I do realize the stacking two 18350 batteries (controversial) is required to achieve these max output levels, I'm confused about it's output with one 18650. I received a Segelei 18650 ICR 2200mAh battery with the MOD and thought this may have been limiting the unit's (regulated) output. I purchased 2 IMR 18650 30A Orbtronic SX30 2100mAh Ultra High Drain Hybrid batteries assuming that the Segelei ICR batteries didn't have enough continuous capable Amp output. Even with the Orbtronic's, capable of THREE times the Amp output and CONSIDERABLY less internal resistance, I'm getting the EXACT same output from the Zmax!?!? Really confusing When set at it's max 15w, I'm only getting 8.1w on an iClear16 with a 1.5 ohm dual-coil atty, getting 6.4w with a PT3 BDC 2.0 ohm and 5.4w with the Vivi Nova 2.4 ohm with either battery installed and fully charged to 4.2v. These outputs are 1/2-1/3 of the Zmax's advertised capabilities and WAY less than the 30A the Orbtronic batteries can continuously output. I have tried changing the Zmax back and forth between it's RMS and Mean setting which made no difference whatsoever in the output. If I switch to the volt setting and set the Zmax at 6v, I get 3.6v with either the iClear16 1.5ohm or the PT3 at 2.0 ohm and the Vivi Nova (2.4 ohm) gets 3.7!!!
How is it that a regulated MOD (supposedly) capable of 15W or 6V is only achieving a fraction of it's advertised outputs and it obviously makes no difference with the most powerful (and best?) battery you can buy for it?:confused::confused::mad:

Status
Not open for further replies.

Users who are viewing this thread