Setup for my daughter

Status
Not open for further replies.

dick39

Oct 13, 2013
Antwerpen
Good afternoon (the weather in Belgium is just fine at the moment for half of October ;) )
I introduced myself a few days ago on this fantastic forum/board, and I am reading, reading and reading.

The more I read, the more confused I get, but that is more then normal. The more choices an individual gets, the more he start to think about little pro's and cons for this mod, and the same for another mod.

I made already clear that I want to buy an Innokin iTaste 134 for myself, it can also be an SVD, or even a VTR.
It is difficult to decide anyway, so I think I drive to a shop nearby next week and just test them there and make up my mind.

BUT .... that is not my question.

The topictitle says it all....
I smoked analogs for over 35 years (I am 47, and started smoking at school when I was 12). I am so happy that I quit the tobacco last year in October.

BUT ... that is not my issue
My daughter also smokes. Yep, she smokes, and it is normal in my opinion, because she saw her dad from the day she was born with a sigaret in his mouth.
So, what right I had when I found out that she started smoking when she was 14 years old?
Yep, everyone can shoot at me ... responsability ... authority ... whatever...
BUT ... try to explain to your kids that something is very bad for her health if you do it yourself.

SO ..... I introduced her to the e-sig a few months ago ... her 16th Birthday

AND NOW ... It is time to give her an e-sig.

I was thinking about the Innokin VV 3.0. No, I am sure it will be the Innokin VV 3.0.
I chose that mod for several reasons;

- ease of use
- in my eyes a nice girlie mod (do not shoot me, but I think the size is perfect for a woman)
- VW (she can set in on a specific wattage and just "smoke"
- and finally because I showed her and all her friends several websites (joyetech, Innokin, Provari) and let her chose the most beautifull e-sig.

The outcome of that poll was easy, from the ten votes, there were 8 for the Innokin VV 3.0.

So who am I to not listen to the majority, ha ha..

Now you have all the background of my choice, the background of why I well offer a 16-year old girl a mod, now the real question....

I want to choice a clearomiser for her, and I hesitate between the iClear 16 and the Kanger Protank2 mini.
Just because the iClear30 and the Kanger Protank are to big for that mod in my opinion (esthetic point of view). Correct me if I am wrong please ...

Anybody any experience with those 2 clearomisers on that mod?
What will be the best choice, from esthetic and smokewise points of view?
The Protank is a bottom coil clearomiser and the iClear a top coil, I think.

Thank you all for your response and recommandations.

From the sunny Florida ... euh Antwerp :)

suspectK

Vaping Master
ECF Veteran
Verified Member
Aug 7, 2013
Alabummer
There are a lot of diehard protank users. I personally can't stand any bottom coil clearomizers. I like top coil clearomizers like the itaste 16&30. They're easily the easiest tank systems you can use that are available, and they are quality pieces of equipment. The only problem is the polycarbonate tanks. They will leak with cinnamon and heavy citrus stuff. Pyrex/glass and polypropylene and polyethylene polymers will not melt and crack. I've tried to destroy my polypropylene tanks, I still have my first one from ~10months.

I prefer carto-tanks, cartomizer punched to function in a tank. People say they're fussy, but I personally think they don't know how to prime them before using or haven't figured out the hole quantities and sizes. That can take some time to get figured out, along with the brand you use. I currently use smoktek 3ohm 3-hole pre-punched cartomizers, and I use ikenvape PUNCH 2ohm for my thinner liquids that easily flood my smokteks.

Oh yeah, I strongly suggest holding any mod before purchasing. VTR and 134s aee huge. There's a 134 mini.

Baditude

ECF Guru
ECF Veteran
Apr 8, 2012
Ridgeway, Ohio
My daughter turned 18 this past summer, and for her birthday she requested her own mod setup. She's a non-smoker. However, her older brother, her BF, and several of her friends all smoke. She had tried my new flavors when I would get them, so she wanted to vape zero-nicotine just for the flavors when she hung out with her friends, and while relaxing while studying. She liked the black AltSmoke BB that I had, and became excited to find out that they are offered in a girly pink & purple.

We auditioned Innokin iClear 30's, Kanger Protanks, and Vivi Nova's. We both agreed the iClear's were the winner.

So this is what she got for her birthday: A purple and pink BB, a 2 Innokin iClear clearomizers (they come in colors to match the BBs) and a Protank, 3 AW 14500 IMR batteries, Nitecore i2 charger, and I threw in a slightly used Ego carrying case that I was no longer using. Three zero-nic bottles of juice in the flavors of her choosing.

Since she has begun vaping her brother, BF, and a few of her friends have gotten their own e-cigs. Her mother (my ex) had been "stealing" one of her BBs when she ran out of smokes. When I heard about that, I offered her to use my iTaste MVP to try to quite smoking. If she quits, she can own it; if not I get it back. So far she is using both smokes and vapes, but when she showed it to her co-workers they all wanted their own.

BB.jpg pinkblackandpurpleBBs.jpg

Last edited:
Status
Not open for further replies.

Users who are viewing this thread