• This forum has been archived

If you'd like to post a thread, post it here instead!

View Forum

SF Bay Area group now exists.

Status
Not open for further replies.

antok

ECF Veteran
Mar 18, 2009
East Bay, California USA
Hey all, I'm vaping away down Highway 4 in Antioch. (In case anyone wonders where my screen name came from. Found out much later everyone thinks I'm a sleepy Filipino. Such is life.....)

Used to live in the outer Sunset on 44th & Taraval (and met my wife at the bus stop across from the 7-11 on Judah & 46th). May be moving down to Pleasanton or San Ramon for my son's high school in a few months though.

esteband

ECF Veteran
Oct 21, 2009
San Francisco, CA
Hey, welcome to the forum. Sorry, I don't know about any retailers in the area.

Too bad you're disappointed with the 510. What kind of kick are you missing? The hit in the back of the throat, or not enough nicotine?

In either case, it could be the liquid.

I also had to modify my cartridges so they don't dry out on the top while retaining liquid at the bottom. I followed the instructions here, and they worked perfectly. Now I get good, consistent hits until the cartridge is empty.

If you go with the M602, let us know how it works for you.

jliu

ECF Veteran
Verified Member
Nov 30, 2009
california, USA
Just wanted to say hello to all the local vapers.

Just started about a week ago and I"m using the following devices :

Modern Vapor Sidesho

SDMKII

preordered GGTS with AFS and HV atomizers (should be here in a few weeks)

E-liquid is what came with the Modern Vapor kit as well as what came from TW.

I ordered a bunch of Nhaler HV eliquid and so far I'm loving this stuff much more so than what came with the kits.

~kerri

ECF Veteran
Feb 15, 2009
San Francisco, CA. USA
Also Upper Haight. Do you know if any of the smoke shops around here carry vaping supplies?

Yay! another vaper in the hood!!

I've seen a few overpriced m401 looking things that last a week or 2 at best- avoid.
a friend of mine got one as a present- we have yet to find out what it Really is so he can maybe get better parts...
the smoke shop next to the produce store has them and also has the most pro-vape attitude of the bunch as far as I can tell.
to be honest, I don't use the wimpy batteries anymore.I got spoiled by an adaptever and today I received a spade which is a bit more discreet or maybe less uni-bomber looking for street use. well, for me any way. between the 2 I'm set!
would be nice to get decent juice without shipping but, oh well. can't have everything. yet. :D

where are you up here? I'm upstairs from franks...

Tenebrae

ECF Veteran
Dec 8, 2009
Bay Area California
Greetings to our fellow bay area vapers :) My husband and I are in San Mateo.

The smoke shops in Belmont and Burlingame only carries pure smoke stuff. I have urged them to carry different carts/cartomizer brands but they are not hearing me yet. Highly unlikely they will carry juice either. They keep trying to talk me into buying their stuff even though I point out the abysmal lack of variety and flavor they have.

Oh well. Thanks goodness for the internet. Looking forward to the next meet and greet. I had pretty much given up socializing after moving to Cali due to the some nazi policies. It will be interesting to see if that changes now that I am a vaper.

Hi All,

This is my first post to the forum, and I figured I may as well post to this SF Bay Area group. I'm in Cathedral Hill (home of Our Lady of the Maytag cathedral). Just learned about e-cigarettes two days ago while researching ways to get my Dad to stop smoking. I bought him what I now know to be an M401 from The Humidor on Sansome St., and just gave it to him for Christmas today. But yesterday, intrigued by this whole concept, I went to one of the random head shops on Polk and picked up a PureSmoke for myself and have been puffing at it. The weird thing is, I'm really enjoying this thing even though I've never been a cigarette smoker ! I enjoy cigs, but I could always take them or leave them. I do smoke maybe 4 cigars a week, though. I doubt this will replace my cigars, but I might start using it to fill the void between them.

esteband

ECF Veteran
Oct 21, 2009
San Francisco, CA
Hey Chuck Dragon - welcome!

I spend a lot of time in SJ myself (or Campbell, more specifically), since my folks and siblings are down there.

On Monday, I went to the sharks game. I didn't want any static from the staff, so I went outside to vape. Coming back inside, this desperate-looking woman asked if I was a smoker. She obviously needed to bum a light or a smoke, neither of which I had. I had to say "No, sorry", which felt a little weird coming out of my mouth. But dang, it was true! What a trip!

Hey Zachster, what did your dad think of the e-cig?

He was sceptical, but he's warming up to it. I think, at 80 with a history of three pneumonia bouts, he truly knows that he needs to stop smoking. Unfortunately, I don't think I charged the battery of his m401 enough before giving it to him, and that may have compromised its ability to fully charge -- just ordered another battery, along with some more cartridges, a spare vaporizer, and wall adapter for the usb charger. I'm giving the replacement battery a nice long overnight charge before handing it over to him!

Status
Not open for further replies.

Users who are viewing this thread