Not open for further replies.

Eskie

ECF Guru
ECF Veteran
Verified Member
May 6, 2016
NY
i always argue that point

if you are going to put a no smoking sign up then shout "can you not read the sign" at someone
when that sign has no bearing on what your doing
you deserve to be told so

Eh, I've been in restaurants where the bathrooms now have no vaping signs written next to the no smoking. I just keep the cloud small. Still beats the smell of Lysol.

HauntedMyst

Vaping Master
ECF Veteran
Verified Member
Mar 18, 2013
Chicago
I so don't wanna go French, but it really is yeah time for some public executions, by guillotine.

A guillotine is.... Well having put my neck in a real one when I went there, Europe was surpassingly good at torture in the middle ages.

Agreed! It's the perfect capital punishment device but unfortunately too many "enlightened" "caring" pansies outlawed it. Not only is it time for public executions, we should empty the prisons of violent criminals by putting one on a convict conveyor belt. Families could make a day of it. You know, pack a picnic, make it like going to a fair - with music, bounces houses and a beer garden. The kids could do some lawn bowling with the heads before they are shipped off to the deceased families.

If they won't use the guillotine, then use this...

Rossum

Eleutheromaniac
Supporting Member
ECF Veteran
Verified Member
Dec 14, 2013
SE PA

ScottP

Vaping Master
ECF Veteran
Verified Member
Apr 9, 2013
Houston, TX
That's some of the most antisemitic crap I've ever read. You think being a jew makes you a "dual citizen" of questionable loyalty? That's the line only preached at white supremacy fascist meetings. And there is nothing in the US constitution barring anyone of any religion from public office so stop the Nazi line. And saying you're not a Jew hater but just "stating facts" is a hate statement of itself. Talk about fake news and alternative truth. You're a walking typing example of it.

I have seen far worse, but that's beside the point. Those two posts were utterly lacking in any factual basis.

@redrooster : The US Congress consists of two chambers, the House of Representatives with 435 members, and the Senate with 100. That's a total of 535. A tally of their religious affiliations can be found here:
Faith on the Hill: The religious composition of the 116th Congress

Let me preface this by saying I am just giving the benefit of a doubt, but I took his post as claiming that 89 people had dual citizenship with another country (Israel specifically) and was not talking about their religious beliefs. If there are members of Congress with dual citizenship with ANY other country then yes, I would consider that a conflict of interest. HOWEVER, this claim of 89 people in Congress with dual citizenship was recently a FAKE NEWS article posted on Fakebook...err Facebook and sourced an older article from a nut job conspiracy website. So he may have just been duped by this fake news story on FB and was not intending to be antisemitic. Either way now you know the source of that nonsense.

List of US-Israel dual citizens in Congress isn't real

The troubles in the USA stem directly from the 89 dual Israeli Nationals in your US Congress which is illegal under the American Constitution. ... Im just stating facts.

As you can see I am giving you the benefit of the doubt, but I highly suggest you find a news source that isn't Facebook. Also in this day and age you practically have to personally verify ANYTHING you hear or read before repeating, otherwise you are probably going to be wrong. It's not you, that's just how the media/news is now.

Last edited:

Unforeseen

Admin<br> Commercial/Suppliers Asst. Manager </br>
Admin
Supporting Member
ECF Veteran
Verified Member
Apr 5, 2011
Where you least expect it....
Have cleaned this thread up a bit. Please keep any discussion involving race and religion outside of this thread. Any continuation of such topics may result in action being taken.

Last edited:

charlie1465

ECF Guru
ECF Veteran
Dec 30, 2014
Roquebrune sur Argens, Var, France

charlie1465

ECF Guru
ECF Veteran
Dec 30, 2014
I'm seriously worried about the direction this country is headed to. What are we supposed to do now, hoard our coils?

The problem there though it's been headed that way for 30 years or so...the system has a very serious problem/corruption and needs fixing/changing :)

Reactions: Eskie

mac-nutty

Moved On
Mar 2, 2019
pub
Yep, same in France now. Anywhere you can't smoke you can't vape but the reality is very different...there's a lot of respect for vaping in France :)
here in the UK we know that 2nd hand vape isn't harmful but its left to businesses etc to make the rules up but they are advised to take this into account

here is a .gov article on vaping hopefully other countries will eventually see things like this too
Clearing up some myths around e-cigarettes - Public health matters

wp_ss_20190328_0009.png

charlie1465

ECF Guru
ECF Veteran
Dec 30, 2014
here in the UK we know that 2nd hand vape isn't harmful but its left to businesses etc to make the rules up but they are advised to take this into account

here is a .gov article on vaping hopefully other countries will eventually see things like this too
Clearing up some myths around e-cigarettes - Public health matters

View attachment 805939

Yes agreed, this is why the stuff going on in the USA is scary stuff.....if they can pass one completely bonkers law, what's next??

mac-nutty

Moved On
Mar 2, 2019
pub
Yes agreed, this is why the stuff going on in the USA is scary stuff.....if they can pass one completely bonkers law, what's next??
yeah,, its sad but its all about the money they don't care about who dies as long as the votes n bills keep rolling in
the ban will probably turn into a revenue port for them to... fines on the street if your caught vaping a flavour etc
they plan everything out they are always 2-3 steps ahead and it's always about the money the can make

problem.
their vaping income is less than smoking everyone turning to vape,, bonds reduce

reaction
omg all these kids vaping must be the flavours we need to do something to save our kids

solution
ban all flavours turning alot of peeps back to smoking even kids, more money for them bonds rise again everyone's happy apart from joe smoe

last post in this thread I'm not even American lol
I'm sorry your gov sucks guys

and with juul being the one all over the news and it being part owned by big tobacco you have to ask yourself if this was planed too

Last edited:

mcclintock

Ultra Member
ECF Veteran
  • Oct 28, 2014
    I've never been to SF but in the movie "Milk" the city was portrayed as fractionalized. I highly doubt this ban would be unanimous, more like the more family/conservative/NIMBY areas seeing it partially as a way to get back at the more socially liberal, while the socially liberal areas don't actually see it as their fight.

As to banning smoking, even in countries where vaping is illegal, the realize they can't ban smoking for practical reasons. As this has nothing to do with individual rights or a right to smoke, and if it ever becomes practical to ban smoking, it will happen immediately. Since it is practical to ban vaping and there is no concern of individual rights, it is banned.

Last edited:
    • Optimistic
    Reactions: stols001
    Status
    Not open for further replies.

Users who are viewing this thread