She didn't age well

Status
Not open for further replies.

kross8

Ultra Member
ECF Veteran
Feb 20, 2016
stuck in a squishy pod called my brain
i know steeping is a big deal,, but i am wondering if others doing DIY juice have found certain ingredients don't age well and need to be vaped earlier than later?

i have been enjoying Stevia English Toffee w/Nic(pg) + VG,, fresh is great,, but i notice its 'not good at all over 2 weeks.

i understand stevia+nic+pg doesn't sound great to many, but i really do like it fresh..but hate it after is ages/steeps

Stosh

Vaping Master
ECF Veteran
Oct 2, 2010
Nevada
Mostly it depends....:)

Depending on the flavors used, the flavor brands, additives used, etc...the best time to vape your DIY can vary.

When I make up a batch I vape it immediately, if it's good keep vaping. If it's a little off, try it again in a week, then another week, see if it gets better or worse.

Keep records of your mixes and when the flavors are the best. Ones that are good fresh, make small batches and use them quickly. Ones that improve with age, make bigger batches but just enough to use when they get better and before they decline.

MudVaper

ECF Veteran
Verified Member
Dec 18, 2015
i know steeping is a big deal,, but i am wondering if others doing DIY juice have found certain ingredients don't age well and need to be vaped earlier than later?

i have been enjoying Stevia English Toffee w/Nic(pg) + VG,, fresh is great,, but i notice its 'not good at all over 2 weeks.

i understand stevia+nic+pg doesn't sound great to many, but i really do like it fresh..but hate it after is ages/steeps

Have you tried the English Toffee w/o the stevia? I made a batch of English toffee about two months ago without, and it barely had any flavor and I put it in a box. Just tried it again and its excellent. Subtle on inhale, rich on exhale.

kross8

Ultra Member
ECF Veteran
Feb 20, 2016
Have you tried the English Toffee w/o the stevia? I made a batch of English toffee about two months ago without, and it barely had any flavor and I put it in a box. Just tried it again and its excellent. Subtle on inhale, rich on exhale.
i have an update,, i really liked my blend,, i would hit it every few days for a couple of hours.......so it had been about a week since i hit it last and it suddenly tasted really bad. (i was expecting it to start tasting old)....so i post on here how she didn't age well..... and decided i would make only small batches like 30ml.........then while in the kitchen mixing up my fresh batch,, a few key family members were snickering,,, somehow they got the great idea to put some A1 sauce in my juice and that is why it tasted bad...........anyone want a family for FREE??????

MudVaper

ECF Veteran
Verified Member
Dec 18, 2015
i have an update,, i really liked my blend,, i would hit it every few days for a couple of hours.......so it had been about a week since i hit it last and it suddenly tasted really bad. (i was expecting it to start tasting old)....so i post on here how she didn't age well..... and decided i would make only small batches like 30ml.........then while in the kitchen mixing up my fresh batch,, a few key family members were snickering,,, somehow they got the great idea to put some A1 sauce in my juice and that is why it tasted bad...........anyone want a family for FREE??????

Ballsy, your key family members.

Tell ya what. I'll trade you for some really weird old people that moved in next door. See who goes off the deep end first.

dannyv45

ECF DIY E-Liquid Guru
ECF Veteran
Verified Member
Apr 12, 2013
New Jersey
www.e-cigarette-forum.com
then while in the kitchen mixing up my fresh batch,, a few key family members were snickering,,, somehow they got the great idea to put some A1 sauce in my juice and that is why it tasted bad...........anyone want a family for FREE??????

OMG reminds me of when my kids were young they were mad at us for some reason and decided a great way to get back at us would be to pour some dish liquid in a fresh pot of coffee we made. My wife had the first cup and I can not say what came out of her mouth I would likely be banned. But on the up side my morning cup got delayed about an hour. imagine if they did that to my vape I'd be blowing bubbles instead of clouds:)

Last edited:

kross8

Ultra Member
ECF Veteran
Feb 20, 2016
bought some 'off the shelf' Loranns watermelon,,i put both drams in a small jar and microwaved them for 30 seconds (i have small lab jars from work) that got the flavoring real hot......reason for heating so high was because i read the directions..(who knew hahahah) then as it cooled down i added vg,, (no nic or pg). my goal was to make the vg more infused with the flavor for now. later last night i decided to try a draw on my mix. (i am not a huge fan of watermelon in general).. anyway,, less than 4 hours old it wasnt bad,, pretty mellow actually. saturday i plan to try another draw and will consider adding nic.

Reactions: Dixie1954

dannyv45

ECF DIY E-Liquid Guru
ECF Veteran
Verified Member
Apr 12, 2013
New Jersey
www.e-cigarette-forum.com
No need to super heat the mix or flavoring. Just a slight warming will thin the VG to allow a good shaking. Excessive heat can change the intended taste. Some flavorings don't age well and need to be vaped right away. In that case determine how long it takes to change and make enough to last that amount of time.

Experimenting with better quality flavoring other then the off the supermarket shelf flavors may also resolve the issue. I highly recommend Hangsen or Inawera flavorings.

Watermellon flavoring is mostly EM and will gunk up your coils which lead to flavor fade. Are you noticing your coils and wick are dirty and gunked after a tankful? That means your using way to much flavoring.

Last edited:
Reactions: kross8
Status
Not open for further replies.

Users who are viewing this thread