• This forum has been archived

If you'd like to post a thread, post it here instead!

View Forum
Status
Not open for further replies.

HaploVoss

ECF Veteran
Aug 13, 2009
Rogersville, MO - USA
I install, maintain, and repair those HP photo centers you see in Wal Mart. Ya know - put your memory card in, look at your pictures, spend hours deciding on which ones you want to print while the people behind you get so ...... off they turn colors, etc. lol

I mainly work on the printers, but will occasionally get a call to check out one of the Kiosk terminals.

Fishin' Cricket

ECF Veteran
Jan 29, 2010
Missouri, USA
I install, maintain, and repair those HP photo centers you see in Wal Mart. Ya know - put your memory card in, look at your pictures, spend hours deciding on which ones you want to print while the people behind you get so ...... off they turn colors, etc. lol

I mainly work on the printers, but will occasionally get a call to check out one of the Kiosk terminals.
Sounds, err, interesting.. Got any exciting pasttimes to help level out your adrenaline? I fish, obviously.. lol

trukinlady

Resting In Peace
ECF Veteran
Feb 24, 2010
Missouri, USA
Hi boxhead!

No problem with your post! I'm glad you found a great hospital. I hope you're doing OK now. I was in the hospital at Osage Beach, MO, and they are fantastic there! All private rooms, great nursing staff, and really good food. This was last summer and I didn't know about vaping then. I had to use a patch. Now I'll be prepared to vape if I ever have to go back!

Where is Citrus Heights close to? We used to deliver in San Jose every week for 5 years. Then the route was switched to L.A. I loved the climate out there, but I don't miss the traffic!!

trukinlady

Resting In Peace
ECF Veteran
Feb 24, 2010
Missouri, USA
Hi HaploVoss!

Welcome to the group! I'm amazed at how many members are from Missouri! I hope the group continues to grow.

Eighttrucktires had the great idea of a get together. I would enjoy seeing other models of e-cigs, and talk shop about it. Who knows, this may turn out to be a national convention someday! :)

quasimod

Ultra Member
ECF Veteran
Oct 19, 2009
Joplin, MO - USA
Hey Quasimod, Good day?
My wife has friends over making crafts. Ugh, I'd rather have a chainsaw accident.

It's sleeting outside. I think this is the first day of spring.
A Show Me vapors picnic can't come soon enough!

The Bennett Spring State Park Website

Not too bad; we had some friends over too, but I managed to get some beer and pizza out of the deal :). Now I have to pull myself together and get back to work. I'll be following this stinky weather east, but at least the snow turns to rain that direction...

Fishin' Cricket

ECF Veteran
Jan 29, 2010
Missouri, USA
Ouch! Two in a row. Bummer Fishin'. My son and I are planning to go to Turnback or the Sac Saturday and, walk the bank where we have caught loads of running whites over the years. Sometimes we get some walleye on our stringers too.
Have you had any luck? Tips?

Oh, I usually do pretty good.. Haven't went for the whites yet, I kinda got a regiment for which species I chase, and when..

Late fall starts topwater season, EVERYWHERE...

All winter I haunt the trout parks and rivers, taking the occasional freak 60 degree day to break away and chase a few smallies.. #1 lure, by far, is a pink and white maribou jig.. So much so that "pinky" has become a but of a nickname, lol.. (I'm a big fella so I can take it)

Spring is opening of trout season, as soon as I get tired of the bussle of the parks (like right about now) I start hitting ponds, chasing honker bluegills and Largemouth.. Gills usually come on small, slowly sinking flies, largemouth only seem interested in large poppers, preferably mathing the color of the smaller fish (sunfish, bluegills, etc.. Each habitat produces distinct colors) Taking the occasional break (when they are running) to chase some whites up a creek with a flyrod.. Again with the pink streamers on the fly rod.. On deeper pockets I have good luck scaring up the whites with a large white spinner.. The trick is to reel the lure in just under the surface... make sure it's heavy enough to stay down and spin.. (I mainly use this method under Bagnell dam in Osage Beach)

Late spring, early summer I hunt smallies with top water lures (ultralight or flyrod, injured minnow imitating poppers).. After that it usually tales a live minnow or slow moving soft plastics to catch the big ones.. Small ones congregate in the tops and bottoms of currents and will always hit the swimming lures, crawdads crankbaits, etc..

Summer's my busy season at work and the rivers are usually covered with the "aluminum hatch" anyways, so I hound the private ponds and wear the largemouth out..

Lather, rinse, repeat..

Any questions? (lol)

Status
Not open for further replies.

Users who are viewing this thread