Sidesho Carts

Status
Not open for further replies.

GS850GX

ECF Veteran
Oct 1, 2009
The carts with the sidesho work so so with the original poly. I was having to remove the poly to get a good fill though and do the occasional thermometer shake to keep things lively. For the last week I have been testing the shredded PTB mod with the carts (I like carts when I'm on the road) with some really great results.
One - I can fill the carts without removing the PTB material. Much easier.
Two - These carts will hold 21 - 22 drops with this mod.
Three - 18 drops to refill so it's wicking through really well.
Four - Better flavor.
Five - Vapor Vapor VAPOR ( How modern )

Use a third a bag / cartridge. If you use carts, give it a try.

kaeo773

Unregistered Supplier
ECF Veteran
Mar 10, 2009
Chicago USA
www.modernvapor.com
BlondieLocs - told me this last night, she said she will fully explain this mod soon.

I was playing with cart mods and stuff. I’ve finally settled on using aquarium filter pads. The honeycomb on these is loose enough that the juice can actually drip right through to settle in the divided section. And it vapes DRY! I’m really impressed with it.

The one you want is this: Marineland Magnum Foam Sleeve "Rite-Size U" 3pk.Make sure it’s the U sleeve. The trick is the size of it – too much and the juice won’t drip through. Too little and it will leak. But once I got it right, I threw away every other mod I had. . Now I have to make tea with all the PTB I bought.

Last edited:

SKYYcamel

Ultra Member
ECF Veteran
Verified Member
Apr 15, 2009
Mississippi
The carts with the sidesho work so so with the original poly. I was having to remove the poly to get a good fill though and do the occasional thermometer shake to keep things lively. For the last week I have been testing the shredded PTB mod with the carts (I like carts when I'm on the road) with some really great results.
One - I can fill the carts without removing the PTB material. Much easier.
Two - These carts will hold 21 - 22 drops with this mod.
Three - 18 drops to refill so it's wicking through really well.
Four - Better flavor.
Five - Vapor Vapor VAPOR ( How modern )

Use a third a bag / cartridge. If you use carts, give it a try.

Can you explain in more detail how to do this MOD? How to shred the PTB, how much to use etc. Thanks.

Luke V

Oct 19, 2009
Cleveland, TN
Kinda tough for me to find the definitive PTB mod thread, but doing a search on the forums for "pyramid tea bags" brought up this thread, among others.

http://www.e-cigarette-forum.com/forum/cartridge-mods/33274-shredded-ptb.html

I'll be giving that one a try in the next few days.

However, I'd be very interested to know how GS850GX mods their cart, if it's any different from the one in the link.

Last edited:

GS850GX

ECF Veteran
Oct 1, 2009
The link that Luke put up is basically it. That link is for a larger cart however and they roll and cut the bag in half, you can do three carts with the sidesho. Last night I did one using half a bag and just trimmed a lot, didn't use that one yet so I will see how it works.
How I do this is:
Open up a PTB, this will give you a piece about 1 3/4" X 4 1/2".
Cut the teabag in half longwise. This gives two long strip a little higher than the cart insert.
Cut about a third off of one strip.
Take the longer piece that is left and fold it or roll it. I fold it.
Tricky part: I make one cut from one end up the middle far enough that the divider in the bottom of the cart will slide in there and allow the two "legs" to reach the bottom of the cart. Then I make two cuts from the other end to get the shredded effect. I make these cuts pretty long but not all the way through the roll and don't cut into your first cut or youll cut it in half and have pieces.
Stick it in the cart sot the first cut straddles the divider and trim the top.
The two pieces from shortening the strips will do a third cart.

On the first fill, I get 21 drops into the cart, with my dropper.
The liquid travels down nicely and fills the whole cart and there is no need to remove the PTB for refills.
I have had minimal flooding when I first put the cart on and no liquid in my mouth. Refills take 12 to 18 drops depending on how fast I'm vaping. Slower vaping gets more juice out.

Works for me and I am also going to try the blue foam mod. I'll report back on that.

angelique510

ECF Veteran
Verified Member
The trick is the size of it – too much and the juice won’t drip through. Too little and it will leak.

So what is the right size? Keep the rest of us from getting all frustrated with trial and error. Can you or Blondie give us something like "Cut a piece X cm by X cm, and fold legthwise."? A video would be extra cool!

I would be forever grateful :)

~A

GS850GX

ECF Veteran
Oct 1, 2009
I got a chance to pick up some of the blue foam (as Tony mentioned) at Petland on my way home from work. About $7.00 for a lifetime supply. Washed it out good and cut a piece to slide into a cart. I cut a piece roughly square 6 mm X 6mm and about 16 mm tall. Cut a slot in the end that would be the bottom to saddle the divider and slid it in with some bother to get it into the two little compartments. It seemed to take about 16 drops to fill and filled easily. I'm vaping it right now and it is starting out well. No flooding or mouthfull of juice. Tastes good. I will continue to play around with this mod and report back.

On the shredded PTB mod I used a piece of PTB roughly 20mm X 70mm. You the roll or fold it just tight enough to fit into the cartridge. No folding lenghtwise or anything like that. Cut it as I explained earlier, slide it in and trim.

I got 8 hours of intermittant vaping off my PTB cartridge today with no fuss whatsoever. :D So I'm thrilled with that. Actually it is still vaping but losing some flavor and vapor so I know it's near cooked.

I'm using juice I got from Modern Vapor and counting drops right out of the bottle in case anyone wanted to know.

A video would be fun but I don't have a video camera. My cell phone takes videos but they tend to look pretty bad.

Tony, what seems to be the sweet spot with the foam?

Cheers!!

Status
Not open for further replies.

Users who are viewing this thread