Status
Not open for further replies.

rice721

1.21 GigaWatts!
ECF Veteran
Verified Member
Feb 26, 2016
Shanghai
Can't wait to get mine after reading this thread. I have been using my Reo mod mostly and an MVP 2 as a backup. Placed my order Friday, I ordered the 213 with a uwell Crown from MVS and a few new batteries from Illumn. Hopefully get all of it this week.
Sounds like a great setup. The crown gives off some really nice flavor.

Reactions: JLR9

MikeyRP

May 7, 2016
So just so I'm clear:

The TC function on the 213 doesn't have a dedicated wattage/joules setting like my 150TC. Does this mean that it automatically chooses a good wattage depending on coil temp? People have mentioned using the preheat settings to set the wattage in TC mode but that doesn't make sense. The preheat was advertised to work as a preheat initial ramp up for both wattage and TC modes. Setting this to be the actual TC power reference defeats that feature. I'm assuming it's just automatic like the Aspire Pegasus with only a temp setting, right?

Also, does anyone else's unit have the battery percentage jumping around erratically by 10-12%? I'm trying to make sure I don't need to do an exchange on this one. Also sometimes I will get a really hot hit (wattage mode) out of nowhere but the voltage and ohms don't change.

rice721

1.21 GigaWatts!
ECF Veteran
Verified Member
Feb 26, 2016
Shanghai
So just so I'm clear:

The TC function on the 213 doesn't have a dedicated wattage/joules setting like my 150TC. Does this mean that it automatically chooses a good wattage depending on coil temp? People have mentioned using the preheat settings to set the wattage in TC mode but that doesn't make sense. The preheat was advertised to work as a preheat initial ramp up for both wattage and TC modes. Setting this to be the actual TC power reference defeats that feature. I'm assuming it's just automatic like the Aspire Pegasus with only a temp setting, right?

Also, does anyone else's unit have the battery percentage jumping around erratically by 10-12%? I'm trying to make sure I don't need to do an exchange on this one. Also sometimes I will get a really hot hit (wattage mode) out of nowhere but the voltage and ohms don't change.

So far still couldn't find how to set the Wattage in TC mode except for the preheat function. So I'm going to assume yes the mod decides what wattage is good for the TC after your preheat timer runs its course.

I've noticed the battery indicator to jump around erratically when I was charging the mod via USB, wanted to test the 2amp charging and how fast it was. Haven't noticed this while vaping or idle.

MikeyRP

May 7, 2016
So far still couldn't find how to set the Wattage in TC mode except for the preheat function. So I'm going to assume yes the mod decides what wattage is good for the TC after your preheat timer runs its course.

I've noticed the battery indicator to jump around erratically when I was charging the mod via USB, wanted to test the 2amp charging and how fast it was. Haven't noticed this while vaping or idle.

So strange. Mine jumps around while idle between hits. Might have to exchange it.

Topweasel

ECF Veteran
Apr 20, 2016
Batteries do that we just don't normally see what the exact voltage output of the battery is on most devices. Even at rest I would expect that the voltage can move around a bit by .05 volts or so. Mostly from the drain by the chip and screen.

The best example in another device (this example is a Sig 150tc), if I get down to 70% and I take a long high powered (70w) draw, immediately afterwards my battery meter says 63%. Sit it down for a few minutes and I pick it up up and press a button and it says 69% or 68%.

All you are seeing is the voltage sag in real time. Same applies to charging. At full power charging the device is heating up, internal resistance fluctuates, power out fluctuates. That's why it has to go through a long top off process at the end. To keep the battery at room temp and keep the fluctuation as low as possible so it knows when to cut off.

MikeyRP

May 7, 2016
Batteries do that we just don't normally see what the exact voltage output of the battery is on most devices. Even at rest I would expect that the voltage can move around a bit by .05 volts or so. Mostly from the drain by the chip and screen.

The best example in another device (this example is a Sig 150tc), if I get down to 70% and I take a long high powered (70w) draw, immediately afterwards my battery meter says 63%. Sit it down for a few minutes and I pick it up up and press a button and it says 69% or 68%.

All you are seeing is the voltage sag in real time. Same applies to charging. At full power charging the device is heating up, internal resistance fluctuates, power out fluctuates. That's why it has to go through a long top off process at the end. To keep the battery at room temp and keep the fluctuation as low as possible so it knows when to cut off.

No, I understand voltage realtime fluctuation. What I'm not used to is the battery percentage meter fluctuation by 10-12%. The voltage reading I don't care about, but the percent reading is hard to determine when it is all over the place.

Topweasel

ECF Veteran
Apr 20, 2016
But isn't that what I just described. If at heat it's off 7-8% on my old sig and this guy is more immediate specially when its at 50-70% I would expect it to bounce around by quite a bit.

Look at the voltage. Full charge is what 4.2v. 0% is something like 3.6. Look at how much the voltage is bouncing around. If it's fluctuating .1v or more that could easily cover the difference.

rice721

1.21 GigaWatts!
ECF Veteran
Verified Member
Feb 26, 2016
Shanghai
But isn't that what I just described. If at heat it's off 7-8% on my old sig and this guy is more immediate specially when its at 50-70% I would expect it to bounce around by quite a bit.

Look at the voltage. Full charge is what 4.2v. 0% is something like 3.6. Look at how much the voltage is bouncing around. If it's fluctuating .1v or more that could easily cover the difference.

I believe the cutoff is usually 3.2V? In any case, my assumption for the Sig213 battery meter is that its based upon the remaining voltage. If this is true, and as Topweasel mentioned if you experience a 10-11% fluctuation with V you will prob experience the same with battery %.

MikeyRP

May 7, 2016
Sorry I think you are right. I think I was generally thinking of when I pop mine on the charger. So yeah if it's 3.2 that's 1v. If the voltage can jump .15 volts at power or heat, then the graphic should as well. Because that would be a 20% difference.

I understand. It's just that none of my other Sigeleis do this, Rice721 doesn't have his 213 unit doing this. I have pretty much never had a mod that did this. I understand that this mod may have a true voltage measurement, but I feel that Sigelei would have used an RMS average, average volt reading, or a delay in the change of the battery %. I have asked a few others with this mod and it seems they don't have this problem. And just to clarify it doesn't do it when I'm firing. It drops but no flux. It's only at idol.

rice721

1.21 GigaWatts!
ECF Veteran
Verified Member
Feb 26, 2016
Shanghai
I understand. It's just that none of my other Sigeleis do this, Rice721 doesn't have his 213 unit doing this. I have pretty much never had a mod that did this. I understand that this mod may have a true voltage measurement, but I feel that Sigelei would have used an RMS average, average volt reading, or a delay in the change of the battery %. I have asked a few others with this mod and it seems they don't have this problem. And just to clarify it doesn't do it when I'm firing. It drops but no flux. It's only at idol.

I don't have my mod with me currently to test it out but I will next week. AFAI remember even if there was fluctuation it really wasn't enough to make me think of a faulty unit.

MikeyRP

May 7, 2016
I don't have my mod with me currently to test it out but I will next week. AFAI remember even if there was fluctuation it really wasn't enough to make me think of a faulty unit.
It's just that the % bar is just jumping around almost 1/4 of the whole bar. It looks silly to me. Like it wouldn't be something that should happen. The purpose of a % bar is to show you an estimated average amount of battery left. Why would I want to watch where the high and low points on the bar are jumping to, and find the median?

rice721

1.21 GigaWatts!
ECF Veteran
Verified Member
Feb 26, 2016
Shanghai
The wattage thing in TC mode does bug me and I feel like it's a mistake on Sigelei's part. The other thing that bugs me is that you can't turn the device off. With that said I do love it and even with my couple gripes I will be purchasing a second one as a back up. Hopefully we'll get an update for the TC wattage.

I could've swore there was a device off in the menu system? Wish I took this mod with me to LA. My only gripe are those buttons...wish it was SS, would make this mod that much better.

CharTech

ECF Veteran
Apr 19, 2009
Carolinas
I could've swore there was a device off in the menu system? Wish I took this mod with me to LA. My only gripe are those buttons...wish it was SS, would make this mod that much better.
True.. I did forget about the plastic buttons. Seems like they'd have to be a way to change the wattage in TC mode without having to do it in the preheat setting that we haven't found yet.

rice721

1.21 GigaWatts!
ECF Veteran
Verified Member
Feb 26, 2016
Shanghai
When it's just sitting there idle. Except right after I put in the batteries. If I fire it is all over the place afterwards. During the voltage sag while firing, it goes down and doesn't jump around at all.

That doesn't sound normal then if its fluctuating at 10-11%. Mine fluctuates but normally within 1-2% iirc..
True.. I did forget about the plastic buttons. Seems like they'd have to be a way to change the wattage in TC mode without having to do it in the preheat setting that we haven't found yet.

Even if its not there hopefully in a firmware update it will be.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Users who are viewing this thread