Sigelei 213 owners thread

Status
Not open for further replies.

Darthtanien

May 15, 2016
I just tested some of this on mine, with the .5 ohm ss coil in my uwell Crown tank. When in temp mode(SS316) I started at 200F and got no vapor, and didn't start producing any vapor until 240F. I tested the garbled screen a few times and got it the first 2 or 3 tries but not anymore after that. I mainly use it in power mode, since this is my first TC device and sub ohm tank. Since this is my only TC device, I'm not sure if the vapor production I got in TC mode was normal or not.

With the screen off. Go in to the preheat menu. See if it does it every time when the screen is off. The default SS316 in the menu really shouldn't give vapor at 240F. Around 400F should give a cool to mild vape and not burn cotton. That menu item seems to work SOMETIMES on the bad ones. The problem really shows up in the TCR and TFR menus.

drewburton48

ECF Veteran
Feb 14, 2015
Hornsea,UK
After reading through this thread I have gone from being very excited to apprehensive. I'm expecting my device to be delivered tomorrow :(
Is there any owners here who have tested the full functionality of this device and found that, misfires aside, all of the functions work as advertised?

Sent from my Lenovo TAB 2 A10-70F using Tapatalk

milandjikic

ECF Veteran
Verified Member
Jul 15, 2014
Edmonton, Canada
I don't think there is any of theese that work as advertised. The chip is a unfinished product. I am actually unlucky one because i can't do RMA beause the mod it self still works, bot it doesn't do SS or Ti TC as it should. Nickel works fine, but i don't like the vape off of Nickel so it's pretty much useless to me at this point. If only i could make it somehow stop working and without braking it, so i can go and ask for a refund and never take a look at Sigelei again. I should have put real money and get my self DNA200 mod, but i always try to experiment, and now it's going to cost me 149CAD for the mod that basically doesn't do almost anything the way it should.

Reactions: Darthtanien

drugarth

Ultra Member
ECF Veteran
Jul 12, 2015
Netherlands, groningen
mine was shipped last week, I'm also getting pretty apprehensive about this mod after reading all these stories of failures......hopefully Sigelei will respond soon, and I certaintly hope it is fixable with an update and not an actuall hardware issue.......
I had to buy from china (not available yet locally) so a return will be a nightmare...

drewburton48

ECF Veteran
Feb 14, 2015
Hornsea,UK
I don't think there is any of theese that work as advertised. The chip is a unfinished product. I am actually unlucky one because i can't do RMA beause the mod it self still works, bot it doesn't do SS or Ti TC as it should. Nickel works fine, but i don't like the vape off of Nickel so it's pretty much useless to me at this point. If only i could make it somehow stop working and without braking it, so i can go and ask for a refund and never take a look at Sigelei again. I should have put real money and get my self DNA200 mod, but i always try to experiment, and now it's going to cost me 149CAD for the mod that basically doesn't do almost anything the way it should.
You should be able to RMA your device. From what you have said, it does not work as the manufacturer claims it should.

Sent from my Lenovo TAB 2 A10-70F using Tapatalk

OhTheAgony

Ultra Member
ECF Veteran
Verified Member
Jan 24, 2011
Netherlands
I really wanted one of these, but with all the recent reports I decided to hold off. I might check back to see if the issues are resolved in a few months, if I haven't bought anything else by that time anyway.

Thanks for posting everyone, I hope that Siglei will stand behind it's product and get you guys sorted within due time!

JLR9

ECF Veteran
Verified Member
Oct 3, 2013
Houston
With the screen off. Go in to the preheat menu. See if it does it every time when the screen is off. The default SS316 in the menu really shouldn't give vapor at 240F. Around 400F should give a cool to mild vape and not burn cotton. That menu item seems to work SOMETIMES on the bad ones. The problem really shows up in the TCR and TFR menus.

It didn't really give much vapor at 240F, that's just where it started giving some off. I got good flavor and vapor at 450-460F, but didn't go much higher than that yet. I've tried going to the preheat menu, multiple times last night and this morning and only had the garbled screen those first few times last night. I've also gotten to the preheat screen when in power mode but not sure that does anything. I will look into the TCR and TFR settings to try and use that some after work and see how it goes.

Darthtanien

May 15, 2016

I can only speak to the 3 I have tested so far and NONE of them have worked as advertised. Maybe I have just seen bad ones but I doubt it. I think you are correct. If you only ever use power mode you may never encounter a problem. Since I almost never vape in power mode any more (DNA-200 spoiled me) this think is pretty useless to me.

Darthtanien

May 15, 2016
It didn't really give much vapor at 240F, that's just where it started giving some off. I got good flavor and vapor at 450-460F, but didn't go much higher than that yet. I've tried going to the preheat menu, multiple times last night and this morning and only had the garbled screen those first few times last night. I've also gotten to the preheat screen when in power mode but not sure that does anything. I will look into the TCR and TFR settings to try and use that some after work and see how it goes.

That's how mine started out. Everything seemed to be ok than it failed on me mid vape and blazed me. Hasn't been right since. I really hope for everyone else that they have good ones.

Reactions: GeorgeS

Darthtanien

May 15, 2016
I really wanted one of these, but with all the recent reports I decided to hold off. I might check back to see if the issues are resolved in a few months, if I haven't bought anything else by that time anyway.

Thanks for posting everyone, I hope that Siglei will stand behind it's product and get you guys sorted within due time![/QUOT

Thanks!. Glad we could help other Vapers. Unlike the FDA :evil:

Reactions: OhTheAgony

GeorgeS

Ultra Member
ECF Veteran
  • May 31, 2015
    Oregon, USA
    I was able to use #2 last night in TFR mode and one set wire type. Truely nice mod to use. Light, small if you have small hands, using the 'trigger finger' method to fire it you can see the screen. Everything but the failures scream quality. Love the battery door.

I have a subtank base jig that I use for pre-dryburning coils. I have ton's of Ni200 around so I'll build up a Ni200 coil and test that mode along with retesting the Ti mode. I personally have difficulty understanding how the presets can work for some and not for others. I don't own any of the SS types that are set in the menu so won't be able to test those.

26775291190_787f342748_c.jpg

Sadly the garbled screen shown above (from #1) is but one symptom. Currently my #2 won't do this however the TCR won't work ether. (to be fair I have not retested the presets or other TFR wire types on this one yet.

Like most TC mods if you hold the tank up against your ear you can hear the regulation. When it is working I can hear a faint sizzle noise that gets louder then kinda 'stutters' when it reaches the temp set point. In TFR mode 200F will produce almost nothing no matter how long I hold the fire button down. In Ti or TCR mode the mod acts like it is in power mode and disregards whatever temperature setting I have, enabling me to blow clouds with a temperature setting of a mere 200F (just have to hold the fire button long enough to get the juice sizzling!)

B&M #1 has agreed to swap my mod when they get new stock in. (I wanted a gold one anyway) The salesman claims that they are expecting fresh stock this week and will call when it arrives. I have not contacted B&M #2. I plan on using the glowing coil at 200F in TC mode demo for them.

Darthtanien

May 15, 2016
    I was able to use #2 last night in TFR mode and one set wire type. Truely nice mod to use. Light, small if you have small hands, using the 'trigger finger' method to fire it you can see the screen. Everything but the failures scream quality. Love the battery door.

I have a subtank base jig that I use for pre-dryburning coils. I have ton's of Ni200 around so I'll build up a Ni200 coil and test that mode along with retesting the Ti mode. I personally have difficulty understanding how the presets can work for some and not for others. I don't own any of the SS types that are set in the menu so won't be able to test those.

26775291190_787f342748_c.jpg

Sadly the garbled screen shown above (from #1) is but one symptom. Currently my #2 won't do this however the TCR won't work ether. (to be fair I have not retested the presets or other TFR wire types on this one yet.

Like most TC mods if you hold the tank up against your ear you can hear the regulation. When it is working I can hear a faint sizzle noise that gets louder then kinda 'stutters' when it reaches the temp set point. In TFR mode 200F will produce almost nothing no matter how long I hold the fire button down. In Ti or TCR mode the mod acts like it is in power mode and disregards whatever temperature setting I have, enabling me to blow clouds with a temperature setting of a mere 200F (just have to hold the fire button long enough to get the juice sizzling!)

B&M #1 has agreed to swap my mod when they get new stock in. (I wanted a gold one anyway) The salesman claims that they are expecting fresh stock this week and will call when it arrives. I have not contacted B&M #2. I plan on using the glowing coil at 200F in TC mode demo for them.

Thanks for the report George. Sad that we are going through this. I hope Sigelei gets this sorted out. Dosnt look good. Glowing coils under TC especially Nickle is not good.

Darthtanien

May 15, 2016
    I'm personally not interested in using TC, but I've been debating with myself to give it a try with this mod just to test it. However, it's been working very well for me in power mode. My brother has one too and he also doesn't use TC and has had no issues.

Yep. No issues with power mode. Its just every other mode that doesn't work for a lot of us.

Aaron Peik

Verified Member
    Apr 23, 2013
    San Diego, CA
    So i've been one of the one's with a working unit for the most part, never been able to get the screen to jumble, work's perfect in ss 316 mode(albeit the temp seems like it needs to be a little to high at 540F for hot vapor).. so i figured i would give tcr a try at .00092, and it doesn't matter if it's at 200F for 570F, it doesn't matter that the resistance is locked and that the preheat is only 70 watts, it fire's like it's at 100+ watts in power mode. The device has been pretty much flawless over the last week and a half since i always use the SS 316 mode. It's pretty disappointing to see all these people with all these problems considering i thought they were pretty bullet proof. Also a side note, TFR works flawless just like ss 316 mode, so it's just TCR that doesn't function at all on stainless.

edit: also if i throw it in SS 304 mode, i can run it down to about 430-480F and get a nice even temp controlled vape with 316L wire. Also this is all on a griffin 25mm with a pair of 316L 8 wrap 3mm simple coils.

Darthtanien

May 15, 2016
    So i've been one of the one's with a working unit for the most part, never been able to get the screen to jumble, work's perfect in ss 316 mode(albeit the temp seems like it needs to be a little to high at 540F for hot vapor).. so i figured i would give tcr a try at .00092, and it doesn't matter if it's at 200F for 570F, it doesn't matter that the resistance is locked and that the preheat is only 70 watts, it fire's like it's at 100+ watts in power mode. The device has been pretty much flawless over the last week and a half since i always use the SS 316 mode. It's pretty disappointing to see all these people with all these problems considering i thought they were pretty bullet proof. Also a side note, TFR works flawless just like ss 316 mode, so it's just TCR that doesn't function at all on stainless.

TCR and TFR are both not working on mine. SS316 from the main menu was working on mine, same results as yours about 550F to get a decent vape. Seems that TCR just doesn't work on any of these!

Status
    Not open for further replies.

Users who are viewing this thread