Sigelei 213 owners thread

Status
Not open for further replies.
Hello e-cig folks... give a brother some help.

So I've fallen off the wagon and gotten back on the analogs coming from a Provari v2/tank+cart setup. Thought I would change it up, make some $ investment into a new build to restart my vaping and ditch the habit again.

So I bought the 213 and moonshot. First time with TC, and RDAs so this TCR problem stuff is a bit beyond me. On the Provari it was just a matter of voltage 4.3-4.6 on the LR carts.

Can anyone simplify this TCR issue for me and how I go about vaping on this new unit safely, like in actual steps to resolve it? Or how I use that calculator on the site? I'm using SS 316L for my wire, 35A batteries. I lock my resistance at room temp. Bam. Temp at 410f. Preheat at 110W for 0.6 seconds. I put that wire into the sigelei calc, spits out 0.00049, and go to my unit and put the TCR at 0.0005? All set, right? No other issues to worry about?

... Maybe I should just use TFR...?

kenpocory

ECF Veteran
Dec 4, 2015
www.coryscomputers.com
Hello e-cig folks... give a brother some help.

So I've fallen off the wagon and gotten back on the analogs coming from a Provari v2/tank+cart setup. Thought I would change it up, make some $ investment into a new build to restart my vaping and ditch the habit again.

So I bought the 213 and moonshot. First time with TC, and RDAs so this TCR problem stuff is a bit beyond me. On the Provari it was just a matter of voltage 4.3-4.6 on the LR carts.

Can anyone simplify this TCR issue for me and how I go about vaping on this new unit safely, like in actual steps to resolve it? Or how I use that calculator on the site? I'm using SS 316L for my wire, 35A batteries. I lock my resistance at room temp. Bam. Temp at 410f. Preheat at 110W for 0.6 seconds. I put that wire into the sigelei calc, spits out 0.00049, and go to my unit and put the TCR at 0.0005? All set, right? No other issues to worry about?

... Maybe I should just use TFR...?
Yep, you are correct about the TCR and that particular wire. You could also just use the preset for ss 316. It works fine.

As a side note, and everyone's preference is certainly different, I don't get the vapor production I like until I hit about 480F. Also, you can try playing around with the temperature compensate setting, I found it helps. I set mine between 70 - 80. Again, this is my preference and you may find that other temps work better for what you desire.

As a relatively new vaper I bought the 213 specifically for its TC modes, besides the fact that it looks sexy as hell. Unfortunately it seems that the factors which swayed my purchase are false.
TCR does not work properly. If the rec TCR value is 0.00049 as stated on their tool, and the 213 only has 0.0000 to play with then WTF is the point of using F "for greater accuracy"?
And my hope of any initial issues being ironed out in the seemingly misstated firmware upgrade feature is also dashed.
The preheat is the only extra function that actually works properly.
And there is no mention of these issues on the Sigelei forums.
Then they bring out the Fuchai213 for half the price and apparently 5grams lighter. And a CF sticker costs a buck.
So is 2x the price worth it for looks and the preheat function which really just means each vape starts a little faster?
Sigelei wont be getting any more of my dollars!

kenpocory

ECF Veteran
Dec 4, 2015
www.coryscomputers.com
As a relatively new vaper I bought the 213 specifically for its TC modes, besides the fact that it looks sexy as hell. Unfortunately it seems that the factors which swayed my purchase are false.
TCR does not work properly. If the rec TCR value is 0.00049 as stated on their tool, and the 213 only has 0.0000 to play with then ... is the point of using F "for greater accuracy"?
And my hope of any initial issues being ironed out in the seemingly misstated firmware upgrade feature is also dashed.
Then they bring out the Fuchai213 for half the price and apparently 5grams lighter. And a CF sticker costs a buck.
So is 2x the price worth it for looks and the preheat function which really just means each vape starts a little faster?
I do find the numbers provided by the tool slightly confusing. As you stated, the tool provides one too many numbers for the 213 to use. I do know that 0.0005 works great with ss 316 though.

The confusing part for me is that I have been told by numerous people to just drop the last number on the right when you have too many numbers. That doesn't work because I used 0.0004 and...nothing. However, 0.0005 works great, so my assumption is that we're rounding up? I really don't know.

The bottom line for me is that I have a mod that works as intended now. I get the desired vape from using ss in tc mode, and that was the main reason I bought it. My Sig 150tc is like carrying around a brick compared to this thing, and has no tc for ss. Overall, I really do like the mod.

Adam Belcher

ECF Veteran
Aug 31, 2015
TCR does not work properly. If the rec TCR value is 0.00049 as stated on their tool, and the 213 only has 0.0000 to play with then ... is the point of using F "for greater accuracy"?
Welcome to the club mate! You're absolutely right about the so called "more accurate" tc. There own convertor uses 5 decimal places and only gives you 4 on the device! The difference between say 0.0005 and 0.0006 is huge. No middle ground to play about with.

Having said that it has some real positive features. Looks, size, build quality and weight.

It works as well as my other tc devices if I manually raise its initial resistance by 0.01 If you do this ss mode works well. TCR works well with 0.0005 and tfr's default m1 works well. The m1 setting matches steam engines tfr numbers for 316L exactly.

I spent a few days pretty upset with the mod but am now really enjoying it. You just have to jump through a few hoops to get there.

Reactions: MortisEx

JLR9

ECF Veteran
Verified Member
Oct 3, 2013
Houston
I don't remember seeing this in the thread before, sorry if it's been mentioned before I didn't scan back through the thread.

When I set my TCR M1 to 0.0005 and set the temp and preheat settings then go into TC ss316 the settings are all the same. If I make a change in one it is reflected in the other. Is this how it should be?

I also changed the TCR M1 to something other than .0005 and the wattage and temp still changed what I had in SS316 and vice versa. I haven't checked if changing the other TCR Ms do anything.

Last edited:

Daisychainvaper

ECF Veteran
Verified Member
Jul 21, 2015
Non of us new a thing about it until it was too late :-(

no one cared, that's the problem. It was pretty well known what we had to expect... but that is off topic, sorry.

Received my gold one today :) And I still have not touched my beloved RX200 since I got this mod.

no one cared, that's the problem. It was pretty well known what we had to expect... but that is off topic, sorry.

Received my gold one today :) And I still have not touched my beloved RX200 since I got this mod.

Congrats on the mod!

As far as the ban hammer goes, I think it has to be involved in every purchase we make from here out. Hopefully whatever we buy will sustain us.

kenpocory

ECF Veteran
Dec 4, 2015
www.coryscomputers.com
I don't remember seeing this in the thread before, sorry if it's been mentioned before I didn't scan back through the thread.

When I set my TCR M1 to 0.0005 and set the temp and preheat settings then go into TC ss316 the settings are all the same. If I make a change in one it is reflected in the other. Is this how it should be?

I also changed the TCR M1 to something other than .0005 and the wattage and temp still changed what I had in SS316 and vice versa. I haven't checked if changing the other TCR Ms do anything.
I'm not sure exactly what you're asking, but If I switch between tc preset and tcr, my temp and preheat all stay the same. The only time the temp and preheat change is if I manually go in and change it separately from everything else.

Reactions: JLR9
Status
Not open for further replies.

Users who are viewing this thread