Sigelei Zmax only reads 'low voltage'

Status
Not open for further replies.

JaRod

ECF Veteran
Mar 1, 2014
Delray Beach FL
Low load means the atomizer you are using is below 1.2 ohm, and the zmax wont fire under 1.2, so if you are sure your atomizer is over 1.2 ohm then chances are the mod is broken.
In the subject line you mention Low Voltage, that is another error that means that the battery is under 3.4 volts and its telling you its time to recharge the battery, if your battery is good, then the mod is probably malfunctioning.

anumber1

ECF Veteran
Verified Member
Jan 14, 2014
NW Ohio
I'd bet a pack of cigarettes your center pin is grounded. You may need to change the grommet. Same thing happened to my smok ZMax. Used the grommet from a vivi nova. Good as new.

Perhaps even just a gentle pry with a small screwdriver/paperclip will do it.

This problem happens a lot when the user tightens down the topper to sit flush on the mod instead of taking up the space by loosening up the top ring of the mod to take up the gap.

Those grommits/o-rings only squish so many times before they wear.

anumber1

ECF Veteran
Verified Member
Jan 14, 2014
NW Ohio
Perhaps I didn't understand the question. If the zmax doesn't work with any topper the problem lies with the zmax. If that is the case, you need to adjust the center pin in the 510 connection of the zmax. If the problem is only with the Vivi Nova tank, that attomizer is shorted.

Sent from my XT907 using Tapatalk

Rickajho

ECF Guru
ECF Veteran
Verified Member
Apr 23, 2011
Boston MA
Is the o-ring still in place and visible? If it is you should try to pull the center pin up first. A good pair of slant tweezers with nice, sharp edges can usually get a grip on a 510 center pin. This is a matter of pulling it up a little, not trying to yank it visibly out of place and risk breaking the connecting wire in the process.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Users who are viewing this thread