Sigelei Zmax Telescope says short?

Status
Not open for further replies.

WarHawk-AVG

Vaping Master
ECF Veteran
Jul 27, 2013
H-Town
Yeah...horking down on the head crushes the rubber gasket on the center pin shorting out the entire shebang

Gently snug em down...once you feel resistance...STOP TIGHTENING

This goes for ALL 510 connector devices, cigalikes, eGo's, Vamo's, Provari's....you tighten too tight..it will short it out! Sucky part...sometimes it wont unshort unless you do the center pin fix

Last edited:

Racefan_rod

Jun 10, 2013
United States
I got a SID and it throws random shorts all the time. I dont tighten my stuff down tight at all and I am on my 3rd or 4th one from the place I got it from. I know there isn't a short cuz I had the very first silver SID and it would not remember the volts when switching back and forth between watts/volts. I wanted the black one and when they got it they told me to bring mine in and trade it for one and did. This one will remember my volts until the battery is taken out. So there has to be a problem with these cuz I went by a couple shops and they had some they were using and they were doing the same thing. Also sometimes when it does the random short I notice a drop in power so I have to take the battery out and put it back in to get my desired power setting. It really sucks to buy a new device and have this problem and nothing has been done about it so far as I know. Its good to know the ZMax isn't doing the same thing.

K_Tech

Slightly mad but harmless
Supporting Member
ECF Veteran
Verified Member
Sep 11, 2013
Eastern Ohio, USA
I got a SID and it throws random shorts all the time. I dont tighten my stuff down tight at all and I am on my 3rd or 4th one from the place I got it from. I know there isn't a short cuz I had the very first silver SID and it would not remember the volts when switching back and forth between watts/volts.

Like War-Hawk said, this is an issue common to 510 devices. In mine (A Smok Zmax) it manifests itself as a high resistance error because the LAST device pushed the center pin down too far to make contact with the positive post of the device. I just picked up some O-rings and will attempt the fix soon. Until then, occasionally having to GENTLY pry up on the center pin fixes it for a while.

I wanted the black one and when they got it they told me to bring mine in and trade it for one and did. This one will remember my volts until the battery is taken out. So there has to be a problem with these cuz I went by a couple shops and they had some they were using and they were doing the same thing.

Not really a "problem", more of a programming issue. They WILL remember your wattage setting, but for some reason "forget" the voltage setting. No biggie for me, I just double check before I hit the button.

Also sometimes when it does the random short I notice a drop in power so I have to take the battery out and put it back in to get my desired power setting. It really sucks to buy a new device and have this problem and nothing has been done about it so far as I know.

It does suck, but at least there's a workaround.

Its good to know the ZMax isn't doing the same thing.

I HOPE it doesn't happen to your Zmax, but it MIGHT. :2c:

Status
Not open for further replies.

Users who are viewing this thread