Sigelei Zmax V3 and V5 Telescopic: User's Group

Status
Not open for further replies.

bigpman

Ultra Member
ECF Veteran
Verified Member
If I am to understand you correctly, the PV is pulsing on its own, as you have constant pressure on the firing button?

- Andy

I do hold my finger on the fire button, while vaping, but not enough that it would activate. Not until I press it down to take a vape.

For example. Today I picked it up, pressed the fire button and took a vape. Within 2 seconds of taking a vape, I pressed the button down again, to take a second vape, and I was in the menu. In between the two vapes, my finger was on the button, but it wasn't pressed down passed the click of firing.

I've been trying to duplicate the issue and I can't. Seems to be random.

Pat S.

sent from my note 2 with tapatalk 2

eratikmind

Vaping Master
ECF Veteran
Verified Member
Mar 22, 2013
Las Vegas/San Francisco
I do hold my finger on the fire button, while vaping, but not enough that it would activate. Not until I press it down to take a vape.

For example. Today I picked it up, pressed the fire button and took a vape. Within 2 seconds of taking a vape, I pressed the button down again, to take a second vape, and I was in the menu. In between the two vapes, my finger was on the button, but it wasn't pressed down passed the click of firing.

I've been trying to duplicate the issue and I can't. Seems to be random.

Pat S.

May not matter, but do you have the right cap installed for the battery? I received 2 caps.

- Andy . . . Challenge the day.

eratikmind

Vaping Master
ECF Veteran
Verified Member
Mar 22, 2013
Las Vegas/San Francisco
I received my Sigelei Zmax V3 Tele Flat Top, today. I trust that the OP does not mind, I would like to share my initial observations and comments.

I purchased the Zmax body only. The unit cost some $58.00.

The unit came with 2 battery caps. A short cap for the 18650 configuration and a taller one for the 18350 configuration.

The tele and cap threads were quite rough and squeaky. However, a very small amount of Noalox remedied the said.

Both battery caps have 5 holes for venting.

In either battery configuration, the Zmax is very solid and there is no battery rattle. That said, I can hear the firing button rattle, when the unit is shaken.

The menu is quite simple and intuitive to use.

The OLED display read out is slightly tilted. The display is bright and easy to read. The OLED screen is flat. As such, if running my thumb across the screen, I will feel the slightly sharp upper and lower edges of the tube.

Upon removing and replacing the battery, the unit defaults back to 3.0 volts of power.

The brushed SS finish is very nice done. The finish should afford for a very good grip. It appears to be built quite well. This is a very handsome looking unit. Feels extremely sturdy in my hands.

I have been using the Zmax for the past 3 hours. In either configuration, I use AW IMR batteries.

Overall, for the price point and build quality, it's a winner. This is an excellent PV for anyone, whom might decide to purchase it. Long term? . . . Who knows. For the price, I'm not too concerned about that. I would definitely purchase this unit again, without question. I am very pleased with this purchase.

The Zmax will be my shooting and hiking vaping rig.

The picture below is of my Zmax and my ProVari Mini. Both are shown in their 18350 configurations for comparison purposes.

pu4arasa.jpg

4.25.13 ETA: With regard to the 510 connection. I am having issues with various cartomzers firing. Due to the larger size of the Zmax's round positive contact pin, not all cartomizers will fire. If the carto's positive connection threading is not further out than the negative threading, it will not make contact with the Zmax's positve contact pin.

Out of 4 OCD IBTanked tanks, all fitted with a Smoktech 3.2Ω ohm, single coil carto, 2 will fire and 2 will not fire upon pressing the firing button. All 4 of the said will fire on my Provari Mini, as the Provari's positive contact pin is smaller. Thus, allowing the carto's negative threading to seat around the device's positive contact pin and securing a positive connection.

This may or may not be an issue for those, whom the Zmaz is their only PV and using cartotanks and cartomizers.

4.25.13 ETA: Have had this rig now for a full day . . . Evening observations:

Earlier in the day, I changed out a 18350 battery. Having replaced the battery, the unit would start up. Menu #1 was accessed multi times, as I toggled the unit to the ON position. Regardless of the attempts, the unit would not fire upon pressing the button. In combination with accessing Menu #1, the battery was also removed and replaced multi times. Revisiting the unit some 30 minutes later, it did fire upon pressing the firing button.

Have experienced a handful of misfires, where the unit will not fire upon pressing the firing button. After a close examination of the firing button area, I noticed that the firing button has light abrasion marks around its perimeter edges. Apparently, care was not taken to bevel the edge of the SS tube's firing button hole. Thus the sharp SS edge rubs against the plastic firing button, as the said is pressed. This may be the probable cause for the misfires, as the button's shavings drop into the unit and may potentially interfere with internal components.

Aside from the noted, when the unit works, it performs quite well.

Last edited:

bigpman

Ultra Member
ECF Veteran
Verified Member
May not matter, but do you have the right cap installed for the battery? I received 2 caps.

2 caps? I didnt get 2 caps... do you have the telescoping sigelei zmax version 3?

Pat S.

bigpman

Ultra Member
ECF Veteran
Verified Member

Does the center tube extend for different battery variations? It sounds like you have the version 2? There should only be one cap and the center portion can be unscrewed to extend for 18500 or 18650...

Pat S.

eratikmind

Vaping Master
ECF Veteran
Verified Member
Mar 22, 2013
Las Vegas/San Francisco
Does the center tube extend for different battery variations? It sounds like you have the version 2? There should only be one cap and the center portion can be unscrewed to extend for 18500 or 18650...

Pat S.

My center is fixed. It was machined from the upper tube. The lower tube with the cap(s) is the portion, which screws up and down to accommodate the different battery scenarios.

eratikmind

Vaping Master
ECF Veteran
Verified Member
Mar 22, 2013
Las Vegas/San Francisco

Pat S.

The center portion is machined down from the upper half. Its all one piece. This allows the lower portion with the cap(s) to telescope up and down to accommodate the various battery configurations.

When drawn all the way up, it matches up with the upper half and the center is concealed. When drawn down, the center is exposed.

yzer

Vaping Master
ECF Veteran
Nov 23, 2011
Northern California
I'm baffled here, eratikmind. The telescopic comes with only one battery cap.

The Sigelei Zmax V3 Telescopic has only three parts that can be taken apart, four if you include the battery spring.

1. Main unit: Includes 510 and eGo threading on one end, display and button in the middle and a threaded tube on the other end.

2. Telescopic tube. A stainless steel tube that is threaded through the entire inside length.

3. Battery cap. A threaded stainless steel cap with a battery spring inside.

There is no need for two battery caps on this Sigelei. It handles batteries 18350, 18490, 18500, 18650 and 2x18350 with a single battery cap.

eratikmind

Vaping Master
ECF Veteran
Verified Member
Mar 22, 2013
Las Vegas/San Francisco
A couple of length measurements may be helpful here. here are the measurements on mine, in mm.

Battery cap: 15mm. (measured from base of cap to end of threaded section).

Telescopic tube: 40mm

Maybe you have a shorter second battery cap included so users won't have to pull their springs to fit 18350.

Tele tube: 39.6875mm

Battery caps: 1 @ 14.2875mm, 1 @ 9.525mm

I trust that helps.

- Andy

MegaVap

ECF Veteran
Verified Member
Nov 20, 2010
Texas, US of A
I know someone here purchased theirs from electonicstix also, and I'm wondering if they have had this issue that I'm having.. The screen goes black but still fires, also i noticed that when in LCD display option #5 "resistance" lettering becomes glitchy when cycling thru the voltage, resistance, battery options. A couple of times when I picked up the SZT for a vape my screen was off, and now a couple of times when cycling thru option #5 the screen just goes black, the only way to fix this is to take the battery out and reinsert.

I thought it was my 18350 flat top but it happened with the supplied 18650
Is this just my unit?

I am also VERY curious about the 2 bottom caps option..:confused:

Last edited:
Status
Not open for further replies.

Users who are viewing this thread