Status
Not open for further replies.

eratikmind

Vaping Master
ECF Veteran
Verified Member
Mar 22, 2013
Las Vegas/San Francisco
Sure does. You have the Telescopic flat top. In addition, yours has a second shorter battery cap that probably fits a single 18350 battery without adjusting the battery spring.

Great!

Here are my 18650 telescopics.

e5edavut.jpg

- Andy . . . Challenge the day.

yzer

Vaping Master
ECF Veteran
Nov 23, 2011
Northern California
MegaVap, I got mine from Electronicstix, too. So did bigpman. My kit included the sigelei, two 18650 batts, a single cell charger and a clearo for $75.

I haven't had any glitches in the OLED display. I had problems getting it to fire up on the first day but that's because I removed the battery without turning off Menu Item #1 first.

MegaVap

ECF Veteran
Verified Member
Nov 20, 2010
Texas, US of A
Thanks yzer, yea I took your advice from an earlier post and turn mine off before changing out batts :)
Now I am really thinking something is going wrong with mine then, I contacted the vendor and they said they have a 15 day warranty but I know they are out of stock so I'm not sure how that's gonna work,

Man! Just when I was loving this thing!!! Oh well and least they are willing to take care of it!

And what's up with the 2 battery caps? That would have been real nice.

yzer

Vaping Master
ECF Veteran
Nov 23, 2011
Northern California
I'm going to keep a close eye on mine because that is a pretty short warranty. My E-Power had problems with a sticky button one in a great while. That lasted for a couple of months before the switch worked perfectly. If I'm having any issues I'll call them on Friday or Monday. My switch failed to fire a couple of times today but never stopped working. It's been fine most of the day. This could be a break-in issue like the E-Power.

yzer

Vaping Master
ECF Veteran
Nov 23, 2011
Northern California
This whole exercise is making me think that the problems I ran into on day #1 may have been caused by the button. I was very used to the E-Power 14650 switch button which had a much lighter touch. I could just gently squeeze that button and it would click and fire. With this Sigelei I need to push the button quickly: not hard, but with a brisk and certain motion. I get most of my misfires when I just try to squeeze off a fire. Firing this button is not like squeezing a trigger on a gun.

bigpman

Ultra Member
ECF Veteran
Verified Member
I'm baffled here, eratikmind. The telescopic comes with only one battery cap.

The Sigelei Zmax V3 Telescopic has only three parts that can be taken apart, four if you include the battery spring.

1. Main unit: Includes 510 and eGo threading on one end, display and button in the middle and a threaded tube on the other end.

2. Telescopic tube. A stainless steel tube that is threaded through the entire inside length.

3. Battery cap. A threaded stainless steel cap with a battery spring inside.

There is no need for two battery caps on this Sigelei. It handles batteries 18350, 18490, 18500, 18650 and 2x18350 with a single battery cap.

Thanks yzer, that's what I was trying to say:)

Pat S.

sent from my note 2 with tapatalk 2

bigpman

Ultra Member
ECF Veteran
Verified Member
This is my Zmax taken apart. The inside of the lower tube is thread all the way through, which makes sense to me. The upper portion is one solid piece.

ejuduzam.jpg

- Andy . . . Challenge the day.

Thanks, that makes sense now. Wish I had that shorter cap, would make it that much shorter in 18350 mode.

Pat S.

sent from my note 2 with tapatalk 2

munsterrr

ECF Veteran
Verified Member
Dec 7, 2009
Washington D.C.
pu4arasa.jpg

4.25.13 ETA: With regard to the 510 connection. I am having issues with various cartomzers firing. Due to the larger size of the Zmax's round positive contact pin, not all cartomizers will fire. If the carto's positive connection threading is not further out than the negative threading, it will not make contact with the Zmax's positve contact pin.

Out of 4 OCD IBTanked tanks, all fitted with a Smoktech 3.2Ω ohm, single coil carto, 2 will fire and 2 will not fire upon pressing the firing button. All 4 of the said will fire on my Provari Mini, as the Provari's positive contact pin is smaller. Thus, allowing the carto's negative threading to seat around the device's positive contact pin and securing a positive connection.

This may or may not be an issue for those, whom the Zmaz is their only PV and using cartotanks and cartomizers.
Is that A flanged carto in that tank? Curious because I ordered some smoktech and F15 prepunched flanged cartos for my ibtank when I ordered my v3 and was hoping there wouldnt be that much of a gap.

That sucks about the wide positive post but doesn't seem like something that cant be remedied with a little modding

eratikmind

Vaping Master
ECF Veteran
Verified Member
Mar 22, 2013
Las Vegas/San Francisco
Is that A flanged carto in that tank? Curious because I ordered some smoktech and F15 prepunched flanged cartos for my ibtank when I ordered my v3 and was hoping there wouldnt be that much of a gap.

That sucks about the wide positive post but doesn't seem like something that cant be remedied with a little modding

Yes, they are flanged Smoktechs.

- Andy

Status
Not open for further replies.

Users who are viewing this thread