The costs of running this huge site are paid for by ads. Please consider registering and becoming a Supporting Member for an ad-free experience. Thanks, ECF team.

Sigelei Zmax V3 and V5 Telescopic: User's Group

Discussion in 'VV/VW APV Discussion' started by yzer, Apr 23, 2013.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
Image has been removed.
URL has been removed.
Email address has been removed.
Media has been removed.
  1. eratikmind

eratikmind Vaping Master Verified Member ECF Veteran

Great!

Here are my 18650 telescopics.

[​IMG]

- Andy . . . Challenge the day.

2. yzer

yzer Vaping Master ECF Veteran

Nov 23, 2011
    Northern California
    MegaVap, I got mine from Electronicstix, too. So did bigpman. My kit included the Sigelei, two 18650 batts, a single cell charger and a clearo for $75.

I haven't had any glitches in the OLED display. I had problems getting it to fire up on the first day but that's because I removed the battery without turning off Menu Item #1 first.

3. MegaVap

MegaVap Super Member Verified Member ECF Veteran

Nov 20, 2010
    Texas, US of A
    Thanks yzer, yea I took your advice from an earlier post and turn mine off before changing out batts :)
    Now I am really thinking something is going wrong with mine then, I contacted the vendor and they said they have a 15 day warranty but I know they are out of stock so I'm not sure how that's gonna work,

Man! Just when I was loving this thing!!! Oh well and least they are willing to take care of it!

And what's up with the 2 battery caps? That would have been real nice.

4. eratikmind

Noted . . . Thank you.

- Andy

5. yzer

Nov 23, 2011
    Northern California
    I'm going to keep a close eye on mine because that is a pretty short warranty. My E-Power had problems with a sticky button one in a great while. That lasted for a couple of months before the switch worked perfectly. If I'm having any issues I'll call them on Friday or Monday. My switch failed to fire a couple of times today but never stopped working. It's been fine most of the day. This could be a break-in issue like the E-Power.

6. MegaVap

Nov 20, 2010
    Texas, US of A
    Just for kicks I took out my battery without turning the unit off first, reinserted battery, turned on and it fired right away. Now that's 2 anomalies, yours yzer and my screen going blank. Are the ones from electronicstix the very first versions of the V3?

7. yzer

Nov 23, 2011
    Northern California
    OK, I'll try the same. I haven't done this since day #1.

8. yzer

Nov 23, 2011
    Northern California
    No problem now. Just a normal start-up after I inserted the battery. Sigelei name appeared and went out. A couple of clicks and Sigelei name scrolled by followed by System On message. No need to turn on Menu Item #1, it was already on. Settings normal.

9. MegaVap

Nov 20, 2010
    Texas, US of A
    Very good, glad to hear that. I'm still gonna keep an eye on my screen issue cuz like you said it's a very short warranty.

10. yzer

Nov 23, 2011
    Northern California
    This whole exercise is making me think that the problems I ran into on day #1 may have been caused by the button. I was very used to the E-Power 14650 switch button which had a much lighter touch. I could just gently squeeze that button and it would click and fire. With this Sigelei I need to push the button quickly: not hard, but with a brisk and certain motion. I get most of my misfires when I just try to squeeze off a fire. Firing this button is not like squeezing a trigger on a gun.

11. bigpman

bigpman Ultra Member Verified Member ECF Veteran

Apr 16, 2012
    Royal Palm Beach, FL
    Thanks yzer, that's what I was trying to say:)

Pat S.

sent from my note 2 with tapatalk 2

12. bigpman

Apr 16, 2012
    Royal Palm Beach, FL
    Thanks, that makes sense now. Wish I had that shorter cap, would make it that much shorter in 18350 mode.

Pat S.

sent from my note 2 with tapatalk 2

13. munsterrr

munsterrr Senior Member Verified Member ECF Veteran

Dec 7, 2009
    Washington D.C.
    I wonder if we can pick up that smaller end cap from somewhere. Every little bit counts when its in our pockets.

14. bigpman

Apr 16, 2012
    Royal Palm Beach, FL
    Totally agree. Going to ask the vendor today and see what they say.

15. eratikmind

Just added an ETA in post #24 with regard to firing issues with cartomizers.

- Andy

16. eratikmind

Good luck to those whom are seeking the taller cap.

- Andy

ETA: It is the taller cap that I use for the 18350 battery. As the 18350 is shorter and seats further into the tube, i use the taller cap for a positive connection.

17. munsterrr

Dec 7, 2009
    Washington D.C.
    Is that A flanged carto in that tank? Curious because I ordered some smoktech and F15 prepunched flanged cartos for my ibtank when I ordered my v3 and was hoping there wouldnt be that much of a gap.

That sucks about the wide positive post but doesn't seem like something that cant be remedied with a little modding

18. eratikmind

Yes, they are flanged Smoktechs.

- Andy

19. munsterrr

Dec 7, 2009
    Washington D.C.
    Damn that gap. Not a life changer but still not a fan of gaps on peoples rigs

20. eratikmind

Yeah, I prefer non flanged pre-punched xl cartos, when I can get them.

- Andy

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.