Aikhme

ECF Veteran
Feb 9, 2013
Adelaide
Great!

Here are my 18650 telescopics.

e5edavut.jpg

- Andy . . . Challenge the day.

Are they XL Cartomizers with a 3ml tank or 5ml tank?

Aikhme

ECF Veteran
Feb 9, 2013
Adelaide
They are both xl 19mm IBTanked pyrex tanks, which puts them at 2ml. IBT just released the 22mm pyrex tanks in both standard and xl sizes, last night.

- Andy

Cheers!

From the photo they look bigger and I asked because I am thinking about getting the longer pyrex that fits the Boge XL Cartomizers but fear they will look too big and funky.

How is your Sigelei V3 telescope performing? How do you rate it when compared to your ProVari?

eratikmind

Vaping Master
ECF Veteran
Verified Member
Mar 22, 2013
Las Vegas/San Francisco
Cheers!

From the photo they look bigger and I asked because I am thinking about getting the longer pyrex that fits the Boge XL Cartomizers but fear they will look too big and funky.

How is your Sigelei V3 telescope performing? How do you rate it when compared to your ProVari?

The Sigelei on its on, is a fantastic PV, no question. For the price point, I may purchased another on, after seeing how she performs in a month's time. It will come in quite handy for experimenting with RBAs.

It would not be fair for me to compare the Zmax to a ProVari. During my working days, I was a mechanical engineer and an architectural consultant. As such, I can very critical.

I will say this . . . Given that the Zmax does not fail to function properly (as there is no place to return this unit for repair work) in the next month or so, I highly recommend it anyone whom is seeking a good solid PV. This is coming from an owner of 2 provaris.

- Andy

yzer

Vaping Master
ECF Veteran
Nov 23, 2011
Northern California
Smoktech XL carto (unflanged) inside 19mm XL tank by IBTanked. I punch my own cartos. You can get less gap with an unflanged carto. I've had to pull the post on one carto in order to make good contact with the Sigelei. That was after the carto had been used several days. Easy to pull a carto post with a push pin.

Sigeleib.jpg

munsterrr

ECF Veteran
Verified Member
Dec 7, 2009
Washington D.C.
First observations from my exhalevapors order.

-Seem to have a straight screen.
-No picky behavior when "hot swapping" batteries with out powering off.
-I was as lucky as eratikmind was to receive two battery end caps.
-Zero squeakyness on the threads. Can spin the tube and it still spins a bit after letting go.

18650 lavatube 18650 v3
B1h7Zi2.jpg

Dat gap!
jEShjZv.jpg

18650 lavatube next to 18350 v3
edbHuIM.jpg

Straight screen
io4YPNb.jpg

Last edited:

Thajones

Jun 2, 2010
Sanford, FL
Thank goodness I'm not alone! Mine will come back after battery out-and-in, but eventually the display goes bye bye. Sometimes I can vape without the display, sometimes not.

Sucks because I had an Evic and the Anyvape CVI, my wife's mod died when we went out of town so before I came back home (leaving her in MD) I gave her my CVI, ordered this Sigelei express shipping, and now I'm still stuck with one good mod. I like to keep 2 flavors going on two mods and alternate all day. Now I lose shipping costs, at least a week in back and forth shipping, and less faith in the brand :-(

yzer

Vaping Master
ECF Veteran
Nov 23, 2011
Northern California
Sorry that you have a defective unit, Thajones. Hope things get worked out OK.

Things went well today. No problems at all. I've now used the Sigelei for eleven days.

The user manual does not provide good instructions for start-up. Here is how mine works.

1. Put in a charged battery. Screw down the battery cap. Once the battery spring makes contact between the battery and the tube the name Sigelei will appear on the display and will go out.

2. Press the button rapidly 5 times. The name Sigelei will appear again and the message: System: ON will scroll by. The scrolling message will go out.

Now you are ready to vape or you can bring up the menu if you like. Press the button rapidly 3 times. This will always bring up the menu if the system is on.

Now, if you turned off power with Menu Item #1 before the battery was last removed, turn power on again at Menu Item #1. Menu Item #1 is useful as a safety for pocket carry. Also, if Menu Item #6: LCD ON/OFF was turned OFF the last time the Sigelei was used, the display will stay off when the button is fired for vaping, but the display will light up again to let you use the menu. If you want the display to light up when you hit the button to vape then Menu Item #6 must be turned ON. Settings for Menu Items #1 and #6 are saved during battery changes.

Last edited:

Aikhme

ECF Veteran
Feb 9, 2013
Adelaide
Mine just arrived today. Good kit so far!

Only one issue. I am using it in 18350 short mode. Occasionally, the unit disconnects and I need to turn it on. It only came with one end cap and that is the long one.

Question about the blue batteries. Are they as safe as the AW IMR batteries?

I will provide a detailed review once I have had time to use it in about 1 to 2 weeks time.

yzer

Vaping Master
ECF Veteran
Nov 23, 2011
Northern California
Mine just arrived today. Good kit so far!

Only one issue. I am using it in 18350 short mode. Occasionally, the unit disconnects and I need to turn it on. It only came with one end cap and that is the long one.

Question about the blue batteries. Are they as safe as the AW IMR batteries?

I will provide a detailed review once I have had time to use it in about 1 to 2 weeks time.
Looking forward to your one week review! I had the same problem with the 15mm battery cap. The fit was too loose for my 18350 flat top batteries. The solution was a slight stretching of the battery spring for a better fit with 18350. You only need a couple of mm extra length on the spring. The generic blue IMR batteries that came with my kit seem to be just fine. I suspect that they are as safe as any good IMR battery. I'm not an expert on AW IMR batteries. I'd consider using them if I wanted to do some high voltage or wattage vaping, but for the 3-5 V and 6-8 W vaping I plan on doing I'm happy with the blue 18650s and the E-fest batteries I have in 18500 and 18350.

Last edited:

tA71ana

Ultra Member
ECF Veteran
Verified Member
May 26, 2012
Round N Round the Mulberry Bush
I got mine nearly 3 weeks ago from Varitube.com and I LOVE it!!!!
I like it much better in 18350 mode....I will have to get more 18350 batts :)
I skinned it in black carbon fiber - like vinyl.
I would like to get another one but that will have to wait...this time around I need to get some glasses so I can see what I'm doing, lol

tA71ana

Ultra Member
ECF Veteran
Verified Member
May 26, 2012
Great to hear from you, tA7ana! Three weeks make you a veteran user of this rig. I like the 18350 too but use 18500 for most of the day. Just wish the 18350s would last me longer between charges.
Yes...the 18350s last me about 7 hours. I have an 18500 and 18650 I but I am a little nervous about screwing it down too much.
I decided that I would use it mostly in 18350 mode and for those times that I am away from home and need a little longer life I will use the 18500.
The 18650 (to me anyway) seems a bit of a tight fit.

tA71ana

Ultra Member
ECF Veteran
Verified Member
May 26, 2012
Oh, Wanted to add that I have the beveled - top model with the teardrop pips in the top (Love that design).
I would eventually like to get that flat - headed one, too.
Another thing I have not seen yet are these bottoms
telescope_TELESCOPE_SIGELEI Electronic Cigarette -
I'd buy several different designs of that, lol

Status
Not open for further replies.

Users who are viewing this thread