Status
Not open for further replies.

Foggy Road

Vaping Master
ECF Veteran
Verified Member
Jun 22, 2015
Garland,TX
In fact it appears most of today's vapers have never used a device above 1 ohm and have no idea how to do so. It will be many years before the early devices reach "antique" status and are desired by collectors.
Which is why I hang on to my CoolFire 2 and Kangside E-Huge! One day they'll buy my great grandsnots a new mobile home. :lol::lol:

Reactions: VapieDan

tckenno

ECF Veteran
Dec 29, 2015
N. Michigan
Perhaps I shouldn't be posting this here but it seems like a common issue. From new users forum..." Hello peeps, I bought the Joyetech Egrip 2, i read through everything but i still feel like i'm doing something wrong. No matter what i do, i get insane spitback, vape smells like burnt rope/hair and i have no clue what i'm doing wrong. I have the 0.25 notchcoil in it on "Power" mode and Temp on ss316 250 degrees celcius." Is it just me or do you guys see anything wrong with this picture?

VapieDan

Vaping Master
ECF Veteran
Verified Member
Nov 30, 2013
Flint, Michigan, United States
Perhaps I shouldn't be posting this here but it seems like a common issue. From new users forum..." Hello peeps, I bought the Joyetech Egrip 2, i read through everything but i still feel like i'm doing something wrong. No matter what i do, i get insane spitback, vape smells like burnt rope/hair and i have no clue what i'm doing wrong. I have the 0.25 notchcoil in it on "Power" mode and Temp on ss316 250 degrees celcius." Is it just me or do you guys see anything wrong with this picture?

If you want to see a ton of this insanity check out Mooch's Battery forum.

Foggy Road

Vaping Master
ECF Veteran
Verified Member
Jun 22, 2015
Garland,TX
It is a prime example of vaping being defined as sub-ohming leading the new, uneducated, vaper to do crazy things.
Ya know, when I first started Vaping I found this forum thru a search for info on my new toy. The eGrip V1. I didn't have any problem with it just wanted to learn about it. Didn't know enuf to even have any questions. Just read every one of the 150 pages in the eGrip thread. Was amazed to learn that there were better coils that could be adapted to work with it, even an RBA.
THEN I introduced myself in the new members forum. THE biggest thing I learned there was from all the knowledgeable folks saying "learn to get the most from what ya got"! Try passing that little tidbit along today!
This led me to take a step backward for my 1st backup, a 650mah eGo-T w/Aspire BVC. Was totally put off by all the folks bad mouthing those little batteries as totally inadequate. I was getting 8 hours out of them using as they were intended.
The new members forum is no longer a place to find useful advice it's all about ya gotta get what I've got. Great marketing thread.
Yes after 2 years I've ended up subohm (.65-.7) but mostly because I finally found the Holy Grail (for me). 2 tanks that absolutely do not leak but just happen to work best as subohm. I assume there may be others but my search is over. Don't think I can go back to MTL but I do occasionally think about playing with my egos and PT2s again.
I've given up on trying to help newbies over all the shouting from others with 2 weeks experience. Just wish them luck.

BackDoc

Ultra Member
ECF Veteran
Verified Member
Nov 24, 2010
Galts Gulch
The new vapers,aka Bros ( by and large) on the forum are not interested in "learning" battery safety,ohms law, matching the right coil to the tank,etc.......just Clouds............when you attempt to bring common sense to the discussion you are as Foggy said drowned out by the 30day wonders

Brandon David

ECF Veteran
Verified Member
Yup first Provari Foggy. Read so much about them was curious to try. Must admit it has a very nice in-hand feel to it and power switch a bit higher than Sigs is perfect for my grip. But just vv, a 15 click menu, and button top batteries only? I'll be buying new Z-maxs and used Provaris remains the bottom-line.

Just got the Kayfun v4 up and running (tried out winding jig and ohm tester in process). Been using Kayfun clones (v3.1s) but first authentic $200 (at the time) tank in my collection. So far so good with that too. Guy I bought stuff from just wasn't a coil builder. Got frustrated and gave up. Can tell it had hardly been used. That's gonna change.

The Aspires don't do much for me, not in any hurry to even try them. Will read some reviews and forum threads to see what users think of them. Really not expecting much and consider those just throw-ins. At least they authentic.

Have only fired the Sigelei 100+ with tank a few times to test if basics work. Twin 18650s in series give it 8 volts out of the gate and minimum power setting on that beast is 10 watts! Geesh. Not into 90 degree box mods either. At least the Coolfires and Picos are semi-rounded and have some style. The pair of wavy lines down the side of it strike me as a rather lame attempt (afterthought) to give it some.

So that's it. No more stuff this year. And I mean it this time!...
If you decide to part ways with the 100+, i'd be interested in buying it off you. I picked one up when they first came out and it's probably my all time favorite work horse mod. Mine finally died about a month ago. Wouldn't mind having another for a backup.

Sent from my SM-G930V using Tapatalk

GeorgeS

Ultra Member
ECF Veteran
  • May 31, 2015
    Oregon, USA
    I got my 1st Zmax v5 back in rotation to demo a 1.6ohm TI build in a KFv5 - I have to admit that it is a decent vape - just not loving the "tube" form factor much. It has a full tank, fresh batteries and is in reach.

For fun I followed the link on the Zmax minis - oh what fond memories - my only example fell out of my pocket while on the roof and while I watched in dismay as it hit the gutter and LAUNCHED airborne (with Nautilus mounted) towards the driveway I was pleasantly surprised that while the Nautilus tank section separated from the base the Zmax mini suffered only a few deep gouges from the driveway (I think the Ego/510 loosened from the tube and is slightly off kelter).

aikanae1

Vaping Master
    ECF Veteran
    Verified Member
    Feb 2, 2013
    az
    OK time for a Zmax - Provari 2.5 shootout. Which one do you like the best and why? GO!
    I'd have to say both. Zmax probably has a few more things going for it but what provari has is huge.

Zmax; love dual 18350's. Lighter weight. Menu is easier.

Provari; build quality and smoother power.

I'm sure there's other things. I have to agree about the new members forum. Someone new to vaping as an alternate to smoking isn't ready to build their own coils in the beginning either. The "advice" I've seen is bad enough to question the value of the forum. Newbies might be better off reading a blog for beginners.

Sent from my LGLS992 using Tapatalk

GeorgeS

Ultra Member
    ECF Veteran
  • May 31, 2015
    Oregon, USA
    Disclaimer: I've never owned a Provari

Personally, I like the telescoping nature of the Vmax which allows different battery configurations. While I've never attached a scope to the output - it feels/vapes smooth enough for me. My only gripe is that the 'step up' will drain your battery VERY quickly.

Oh and my other gripe is that you have to disengage the battery to turn it off. (5 clicks will bring it back to life but not shut it completely down)

Reactions: Foggy Road

VapieDan

Vaping Master
    ECF Veteran
    Verified Member
    Nov 30, 2013
    Flint, Michigan, United States
    Provari.......best 20 bucks ive ever spent :)..........Zmax ......best 5$ to 70$ ive ever spent

Just think a lot of people paid over $100 for the Zmax and $200 for the Provari. How times have changed.

aikanae1

Vaping Master
    ECF Veteran
    Verified Member
    Feb 2, 2013
    az
    Just think a lot of people paid over $100 for the Zmax and $200 for the Provari. How times have changed.
    True. Now many spend $50 - $200 for devices that may or may not last 6 months (- Hexohms and Reo's). That's what I have an issue with.

Sent from my LGLS992 using Tapatalk

Status
    Not open for further replies.

Users who are viewing this thread