Status
Not open for further replies.

VapieDan

Vaping Master
ECF Veteran
Verified Member
Nov 30, 2013
Flint, Michigan, United States
Saw a good deal on a dna mod, zip over to you tube reviews and ... a few people reporting auto firing, plastic melting (my kind of luck) and a menu system that requires another video to explain. Right - and I don't have the patience to set up a roku? Oh yea and updates now too? I have a mac and I'm not infecting it with windows so updates are out.

I have no idea why anyone needs all that and I'm probably better off not knowing. I can predict someone will get a virus in their mod eventually.

Sent from my LGLS992 using Tapatalk

There is nothing better than a solution for a non existent problem. There is nothing that is easy that can't be made more difficult.

Reactions: aikanae1

tckenno

ECF Veteran
Dec 29, 2015
N. Michigan
So are you saying it was a bad idea to splice a four slice toaster into the 12 Volt line of that Wal Mart 20k mAh Jump Starter Kit (https://www.walmart.com/ip/New-12V-...r-Booster-Battery-Charger-in-Yellow/861752770) ? It peaks at 400 Amps. I was going to use the toaster rails to build a 0.03 Ohm coil, but I was going to wick it with Rayon for safety.

LOL That is some out of the box thinking listopencil!

Should there be a problem with the rayon igniting, one might consider a silica based wick like Ekowool...

Reactions: listopencil

tckenno

ECF Veteran
Dec 29, 2015
N. Michigan
006_2.jpg

This is the V5 I bought in April of 2014 as it looks this afternoon. I replaced the OEM switch with an Omron switch in August of that year. This is the only APV I have used since then. Every day, all day, vaping 3-4 ml per day. The thing won't quit. I added the slotted top cap from a backup V5 purchased a year or two ago.

Slotted top cap looks good on it yzer. In fact the mod itself looks new. How many atomizers has it outlasted?

yzer

Vaping Master
ECF Veteran
Nov 23, 2011
Northern California
Slotted top cap looks good on it yzer. In fact the mod itself looks new. How many atomizers has it outlasted?
I like glass tanks so the V5 has outlived a few.

Bad news. I have linked tons of photos on this thread over the years. I used my free account at Photobucket for that. Photobucket has changed their terms of service and now they won't allow posting photos on third party sites (including blogs, forums and message boards) unless I send them $39.95 a month. Needless to say, that isn't going to happen. Doesn't look like there are too many who need those photos anymore, anyway.

Last edited:

vapnstuff

ECF Veteran
Verified Member
Mar 1, 2010
Treasure Coast, FL
Can't believe it's been a couple years since I've been on this site. Provari gone, ZMax gone but Yzar's still going strong. I still have 3 V3's but they need new boards although one works some of the time, a Legend (the other one had a melt down) and 3 V5's but one of them stays in the initialize mode constantly so it's no use. What are people buying now?

Reactions: Foggy Road

Foggy Road

Vaping Master
ECF Veteran
Verified Member
Jun 22, 2015
Garland,TX
Can't believe it's been a couple years since I've been on this site. Provari gone, ZMax gone but Yzar's still going strong. I still have 3 V3's but they need new boards although one works some of the time, a Legend (the other one had a melt down) and 3 V5's but one of them stays in the initialize mode constantly so it's no use. What are people buying now?
For those who don't know better it seems to be all SMOK SMOK SMOK, WATTS WATTS WATTS and CLOUDS CLOUDS CLOUDS! for the frugal vaper there's this,

https://www.heavengifts.com/product/Joyetech-eVic-VTC-Mini-Full-Kit-with-TRON-S-Atomizer.html

And these

https://www.heavengifts.com/product/Joyetech-TRON-S-Atomizer-kit-4ml.html

Perfectly adequate single battery mid range gear are beginning to show up on clearance all over the place these days.

Last edited:

GeorgeS

Ultra Member
ECF Veteran
  • May 31, 2015
    Oregon, USA
    I'm happily puffing away on a Lemo2 mounted on a VTC-Mini. Great single battery mod. On the clearance rack even less expensive than what I paid for my two copies.

If you are looking for something more modern there is the "VTC Mini Premo". (basically the same thing in a slightly different case)

Basically it appears that box mods are the way to go these days.

Foggy Road

Vaping Master
    ECF Veteran
    Verified Member
    Jun 22, 2015
    Garland,TX
    If you are looking for something more modern there is the "VTC Mini Premo". (basically the same thing in a slightly different case)

And if you want to check out what all the DNA fuss is about you can now get one for 20 bucks.
    AVAIL | Kanger K1 Box Mod

Edit: Oh well y'all missed it they've jacked 'em back up to $40

Last edited:

Foggy Road

Vaping Master
    ECF Veteran
    Verified Member
    Jun 22, 2015
    Garland,TX
    Basically it appears that box mods are the way to go these days.

Not by choice, but it seems the only tubes left are internal battery models like the eGo ONE. Or mechs of course.

I CAN NOT get excited about the real square-ish boxes. But the Pico with its round ends is a joy in the hand, have 4 of them. Another that I've heard has a great feel to it is the iStick 60 watt. Just had my first of those delivered on Saturday. Have yet to get my hands on it tho.

Coastal Cowboy

This aggression will not stand, man!
    ECF Veteran
    Verified Member
    Jun 13, 2013
    Alabama Gulf Coast
    www.ibleedcrimsonred.com
    Perfectly adequate single battery mid range gear are beginning to show up on clearance all over the place these days.

Fine by me! That's my sweet spot when it comes to shopping for gear. Most of that stuff is well established and any issues are known quantities.

There's a lot to be said about living on the bleeding edge of technology.

If I were a chic, I'd have no problem buying last year's shoes.

VapieDan

Vaping Master
    ECF Veteran
    Verified Member
    Nov 30, 2013
    Flint, Michigan, United States
    Reactions: BackDoc
    Status
    Not open for further replies.

Users who are viewing this thread