Status
Not open for further replies.

VapieDan

Vaping Master
ECF Veteran
Verified Member
Nov 30, 2013
Flint, Michigan, United States
True. Now many spend $50 - $200 for devices that may or may not last 6 months (- Hexohms and Reo's). That's what I have an issue with.

Sent from my LGLS992 using Tapatalk

So many even have defects from the start. The latest is the predator with bad 510. If it is cheap enough you can throw it away in a few months but bad from the day of purchase?

Foggy Road

Vaping Master
ECF Veteran
Verified Member
Jun 22, 2015
Garland,TX
Last edited:

Foggy Road

Vaping Master
ECF Veteran
Verified Member
Jun 22, 2015
Garland,TX
I thought of getting one of those mainly for the looks I'd get - esp after dressing it up (bows, jewels, butterflies). Too funny.

That would be hilarious! I won mine in a pick your prize giveaway. Its so thpethial that I only vaped it a couple hours and packed it away for my vape museum.:rolleyes:

Reactions: aikanae1

VapieDan

Vaping Master
ECF Veteran
Verified Member
Nov 30, 2013
I know this is our Zmax thread but it seems to have become a sorta "cool old stuff" thread as time goes on. So I thought I'd share this here in case it's cool enuf to interest anyone.

The tank is carp. But the mod is just plain neat. I have one and it vapes great with a decent tank. 18350 only. This is thru Heaven Gifts clearance store on AliExpress.

AliExpress Mobile - Global Online Shopping for Apparel, Phones, Computers, Electronics, Fashion and more

I have both colors. Great mod for airline travel.

Foggy Road

Vaping Master
ECF Veteran
Verified Member
Jun 22, 2015
Garland,TX
I actually won a $100 store credit with a poem I wrote about about mine (shortly after winning it).
Something about being accosted by a mob of ANTZ cuz I was vaping in a park and carnage that ensued as they clambered over each other trying to escape after I opened my hand and showed them my vape.

GeorgeS

Ultra Member
ECF Veteran
  • May 31, 2015
    Oregon, USA
    I actually won a $100 store credit with a poem I wrote about about mine (shortly after winning it).
    Something about being accosted by a mob of ANTZ cuz I was vaping in a park and carnage that ensued as they clambered over each other trying to escape after I opened my hand and showed them my vape.

Its a PIPE BOMB!!!

Reactions: Foggy Road

tckenno

ECF Veteran
    Dec 29, 2015
    N. Michigan
    Hadn’t checked board for a couple weeks. Glad to see the activity and to get caught up. Lots of good comments.

Kinda late to add my two cents to Dan’s shootout but would pick Provari mainly because it feels better in hand and good reports I’ve read about their service department. One little feature that I never knew existed (and find incredibly useful) is the blinking fire button on low battery. Why other manufacturers haven’t pounced on that idea and made it a standard mod feature surprises me.

On the box vs tube (BTW that was a great story George and reminded me of the old Timex commercials where they would take a lickin and keep on tickin) my preference is tube. Yeah they tip over easily and tend to slip out of my hand as I’m nodding off in front of the tv/computer. Perhaps is simply the shape of a cigarette? Regardless is a ‘feels good’ thing again rather than a practical reason. Took a picture of my tube mods with the Sig 100 box for the contrast to post on a different thread but may as stick it here.

Oh, and the CF II. Prolly be my luck to have it slip out of hand and roll into a crowded room of people. Would likely cause a bigger commotion than when the garter snake in my winter coat pocket wriggled out in the middle of afternoon class back in third grade... firingonallsix.jpg

yzer

Vaping Master
    ECF Veteran
    Nov 23, 2011
    Northern California
    006_2.jpg

This is the V5 I bought in April of 2014 as it looks this afternoon. I replaced the OEM switch with an Omron switch in August of that year. This is the only APV I have used since then. Every day, all day, vaping 3-4 ml per day. The thing won't quit. I added the slotted top cap from a backup V5 purchased a year or two ago.

VapieDan

Vaping Master
    ECF Veteran
    Verified Member
    Nov 30, 2013
    006_2.jpg

This is the V5 I bought in April of 2014 as it looks this afternoon. I replaced the OEM switch with an Omron switch in August of that year. This is the only APV I have used since then. Every day, all day, vaping 3-4 ml per day. The thing won't quit. I added the slotted top cap from a backup V5 purchased a year or two ago.

And today the new release mods are failing as they are received and they can't be repaired.

aikanae1

Vaping Master
    ECF Veteran
    Verified Member
    Feb 2, 2013
    az
    Saw a good deal on a dna mod, zip over to you tube reviews and ... a few people reporting auto firing, plastic melting (my kind of luck) and a menu system that requires another video to explain. Right - and I don't have the patience to set up a roku? Oh yea and updates now too? I have a mac and I'm not infecting it with windows so updates are out.

I have no idea why anyone needs all that and I'm probably better off not knowing. I can predict someone will get a virus in their mod eventually.

listopencil

Ultra Member
    ECF Veteran
    Jun 28, 2017
    In Partibus Infidelium
    It is a prime example of vaping being defined as sub-ohming leading the new, uneducated, vaper to do crazy things.

So are you saying it was a bad idea to splice a four slice toaster into the 12 Volt line of that Wal Mart 20k mAh Jump Starter Kit (https://www.walmart.com/ip/New-12V-...r-Booster-Battery-Charger-in-Yellow/861752770) ? It peaks at 400 Amps. I was going to use the toaster rails to build a 0.03 Ohm coil, but I was going to wick it with Rayon for safety.

Reactions: aikanae1
    Status
    Not open for further replies.

Users who are viewing this thread