Sigelei Zmax V3 and V5 Telescopic: User's Group

Status
Not open for further replies.

LittleMike

Mar 26, 2009
Long Island, NY
Ordered mine (flat top telescopic) last night after reading this thread. I've been vaping for over 4 years and have a ton of PVs. Last VV type I had, though was an original Lavatube. It took a nosedive off of the dresser head first and the top snapped right off. I emailed Volcano and they said sorry, you broke it, you're out of luck. :(

Anyway, I found a vendor on reddit that was selling it for $75 tube only. I thought I could find better, so I did a google search and wound up getting it from electronicstix for $75 for the whole kit (charger and two batteries) plus a coupon code for 5% off and it had free first class shipping. Grand total was like $72 or so. Now I can't wait for it to get here so I can report back :p

jafmf95

Ultra Member
ECF Veteran
Verified Member
Dec 31, 2012
Potatoland
Got mine for really cheap. Sun-Vapers.com has the Zmax v3 Tele Flat Top on sale for $59.99. With the coupon 'FOOLISH' it brought the price down to $53. I didn't even need one but I bought it because of the price.

Woohoo! Thanks for the coupon. $60 was good anyway...but $54 is always better:p And I really like ordering from Edward. Ordered.

jakewi

Verified Member
Jan 29, 2012
Brooklyn
Woohoo! Thanks for the coupon. $60 was good anyway...but $54 is always better:p And I really like ordering from Edward. Ordered.

My first time ordering from there, glad to know it's recommended. I'm sure I'll be grabbing some more stuff from him soon, got a shipping notification a few hours after ordering last night.

LittleMike

Mar 26, 2009
Long Island, NY
I've been using my eGo with cone and LR 510 atty's for so long, I forgot to even ask - what kind of tanks do these support? I *hate* cartomizers, so I guess something like the Vivi Novas? I own a Vivi Nova mini and that wasn't too bad. The only "issue" I've had with it is having to keep it horizontal when the juice level gets lower because it never seems to wick up. Either way, any suggestions? Tracking says mine's coming tomorrow! I'm so excited. Of course waiting for the batteries to do that initial charge is going to seem like forever :p

motox

ECF Veteran
Verified Member
Apr 30, 2010
Poinciana, FL
For me, this is the best mod I have ever used. My Provari and Provari mini's are sitting in a drawer collecting dust now. Not only is the performance excellent, the flexibility of the telescoping design is awesome. Going out, I throw a 18350 in. At home, I can use the 18650 with just a quick twist. I've tried the dual 18350 configuration but I don't see a benefit for me to use it. I'm pretty consistent with 3 ohm cartos in a tank and 8W is perfect for me. If anyone is on the fence about this device, all I can say is buy one! I'm sure that I'll get banished from the Provari forums for saying this, but this mod is superior IMHO. VW is absolutely the next big thing!

AnsonJames

Ultra Member
ECF Veteran
Verified Member
Jun 23, 2011
IRELAND
For me, this is the best mod I have ever used. My Provari and Provari mini's are sitting in a drawer collecting dust now. Not only is the performance excellent, the flexibility of the telescoping design is awesome. Going out, I throw a 18350 in. At home, I can use the 18650 with just a quick twist. I've tried the dual 18350 configuration but I don't see a benefit for me to use it. I'm pretty consistent with 3 ohm cartos in a tank and 8W is perfect for me. If anyone is on the fence about this device, all I can say is buy one! I'm sure that I'll get banished from the Provari forums for saying this, but this mod is superior IMHO. VW is absolutely the next big thing!

Report back in a few months please.

motox

ECF Veteran
Verified Member
Apr 30, 2010
Poinciana, FL
Report back in a few months please.

I know what you're saying. The general consensus is the main selling point of the Provari is build quality - and I do not disagree, mine are built like tanks. The surprising thing about the v3 is that for the first time, a chinese mod has excellent build quality also IMHO. LOL I'll set a calendar reminder for 4 months from now and will definitely check in.

yzer

Vaping Master
ECF Veteran
Nov 23, 2011
Northern California
It's over month now with my Sigelei Telescopic. It continues to run like a champ. 18500 is still my most often used battery followed by 18650. I use 18350 now and again. One thing that I've noticed is I spend less time per vaping session than I did with the eGo type PV I used before. I'm also using less juice per day. I'm attributing this to the solid voltage regulation on the Sigelei: more vapor per hit than I used to get plus I'm using a good carto tank set-up.

tA71ana

Ultra Member
ECF Veteran
Verified Member
May 26, 2012
Round N Round the Mulberry Bush
I' ve had mine since April..it is still hitting like a champ so far.
I had bought a Vivi Nova 3.5ml back in February and decided to put it on, so now I'm vaping Zeus E juice Fuzzy Navel at 1.8 ohms and 8.0w.
Clouds of vapor.
This Vivi Nova is the first one I have tried... I may be done with cartos (except for backups, lol)

Rubicon

Verified Member
Apr 20, 2011
Tampa Bay, FL
Got mine in today, I charged up the 18350 and screwed on my TW odyssey carto tank. Even at 3.0v I was coughing my lungs out. I didn't realize how bad the 14500s had degraded. I know have a kanger protank set to 7.5 watts and its the perfect vape for me. I am completely statisified with the zmax and the pro tank setup.

AnsonJames

Ultra Member
ECF Veteran
Verified Member
Jun 23, 2011
IRELAND
I know what you're saying. The general consensus is the main selling point of the Provari is build quality - and I do not disagree, mine are built like tanks. The surprising thing about the v3 is that for the first time, a chinese mod has excellent build quality also IMHO. LOL I'll set a calendar reminder for 4 months from now and will definitely check in.

I saw a Sig Zmax telescope a few days back - build is definitely impressive.
The issue with these particular mods is the chipset as they're all coming from the same couple of factories in China - any problems that you've seen with the other 33.3 hz mods have the potential to happen to this device.

motox

ECF Veteran
Verified Member
Apr 30, 2010
Poinciana, FL
I saw a Sig Zmax telescope a few days back - build is definitely impressive.
The issue with these particular mods is the chipset as they're all coming from the same couple of factories in China - any problems that you've seen with the other 33.3 hz mods have the potential to happen to this device.

I'll keep an eye out for any issues but as of now, device functionality with the zmax is like a "provari plus" - I'm a big fan of VW since I swap delivery devices multiple times per day.

nz1001

ECF Veteran
Verified Member
Jun 7, 2012
NY
Status
Not open for further replies.

Users who are viewing this thread