The costs of running this huge site are paid for by ads. Please consider registering and becoming a Supporting Member for an ad-free experience. Thanks, ECF team.

Sigelei Zmax V3 and V5 Telescopic: User's Group

Discussion in 'VV/VW APV Discussion' started by yzer, Apr 23, 2013.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
Image has been removed.
URL has been removed.
Email address has been removed.
Media has been removed.
  1. quatro

quatro Super Member ECF Veteran

Jan 31, 2013
    TX
    It's the UDCT, it does sit flush.

2. yzer

yzer Vaping Master ECF Veteran

Nov 23, 2011
    Northern California
    The Sigelei is doing great. No problems with anything. 18500 is still my battery of choice during the day or out of the house. I put in a 18650 at home. I rarely use the 18350s anymore. They don't last me longer than four hours and with the 15mm battery cap the Telescopic is only 1/4" longer with 18500.

3. munsterrr

munsterrr Senior Member Verified Member ECF Veteran

Dec 7, 2009
    Washington D.C.
    How's battery time in 18500? Didn't even think of this being an option.

4. yzer

Nov 23, 2011
    Northern California
    The Efest 18500s are giving me 6-7 hours. Flat tops save a couple mm in length.

5. tA71ana

tA71ana Ultra Member Verified Member ECF Veteran

I've had my SigZ Tele almost a month now and I'm still enjoying it....I am vaping at 8.0w with a 2.5 ohm carto. I have even knocked it over a few times and it still appears to be working well. I am using a Kanger carto but of late it seems that either I got a bogus couple packs of them or they have changed something with the filler. Not as dense as it normally is and it has an odd taste but other than that, the mod itself is working swimmingly :) I am using an 18500 right now but I prefer the 18350 even though I have to change it out once a day. I will just buy more 18350s so I have four of them instead of just two.

6. aussiedog61

aussiedog61 Senior Member Verified Member ECF Veteran

Mar 27, 2013
    Southern California
    If you want the 18350's because the Sigelei will screw flush, try the 18490's so you can have a little longer battery life. I am using the aw imr 18490 button tops and can I screw it all the way down. It just squeezes the spring a little bit more, but I have not noticed any ill affects at all.

If you want them for another reason, then please disregard. :p

7. munsterrr

Dec 7, 2009
    Washington D.C.
    What cartos are you using?

8. tA71ana

tA71ana Ultra Member Verified Member ECF Veteran

Kanger standard resistance horizontal (bottom) coil cartomizers. I love these cartos (wish I could find them more often in low resistance) but it Seems Kanger may have done something with them...they are not the same IMO. I could have gotten a bad batch *shrugs*. I am thinking of getting an adaptor and trying the 901 cartos.

9. munsterrr

Dec 7, 2009
    Washington D.C.
    I picked a batch of the same ones not too long ago and they could not "hold a torch" to the Boge F16 or even the smoktech ones I used. Strongly suggest you switch.

10. eratikmind

eratikmind Vaping Master Verified Member ECF Veteran

Yesterday afternoon, my Zmax's OLED became quite dim. This is true for all of the menus. This morning, the OLED is very faint. I installed a fresh battery and the OLED remains barely ledgible.

If the OLED does eventually die, for a lack of a better term, this unit will essentially be useless to me. If so, does anyone know of a place, which would repair this issue?

- Andy

11. yzer

Nov 23, 2011
    Northern California
    That must be a disappointment. And on the same day you got your latest Provari: a new Mini. Well, at least you have backups available. Since you have owned it only 10 days won't the vendor make an exchange for you?

12. eratikmind

The good folks at Big Tex Vapor have offered me an exchange for another unit. I really didn't expect that.

The OLED is now back to full brightness. However, it is flickering back and forth between bright and dim. I have actually grown quite fond of this rig. For the money, I don't think you can purchase anything better.

I'll use the Zmax through the weekend and make a decision on Monday, whether or not to send it back. My issue is bound to happen in a few units. I'm simply pleased that the vendor is willing to exchange it.

- Andy . . . Challenge the day.

13. yzer

Nov 23, 2011
    Northern California
    Kudos to Big Tex Vapor! I couldn't do without the lighted OLED. The Sigelei button does not include lighting and I just like a light to go on when I hit the fire button.

14. eratikmind

Well, I hope that these following comments are not premature. Nonetheless, I noticed that my Zmax's hits were becoming a bit inconsistent, yesterday evening. That mixed with my OLED acting up was quite disheartening, to say the least.

For whatever reason, I decided to unscrew the battery tube and clean it. I cleaned the threads with a moist paper towel and applied a very small dab of noalox. That seemed to remedy all of the issues. The OLED is operating at full brightness without any sort of flickering. The hits are now consistent again.

I think that when I went hiking a couple of days ago at Red Rock Canyon, trail dust collected on the body of the Zmax and worked its way into the threads. Thus causing a weak battery connection. I truly hope that this is the case . . . As the Zmax is now working flawlessly, again.

- Andy . . . Don't let the Ciggieman getcha . . . Vape'em.

15. munsterrr

Dec 7, 2009
    Washington D.C.
    I had my ibtanked bottom cap pop off today and had the same exact issue occur with the dimming screen. cleaned her up with some warm water and a paper towel and had no problems. It was more of a flickering screen than a constant dim though.

16. yzer

Nov 23, 2011
    Northern California
    The Zmax system needs accurate voltage and resistance readings for full function. Crucial areas in which to keep clean electrical contact: the threads on battery tubes and battery cap, battery spring, battery terminals, the Sigelei 510 and eGo threading plus center contact. Clean out and dry the drip well at least once a day, keep your atomizer contacts clean. If you use lubricant on the threads (I like Vaseline) use only a very thin, even coating on clean bare metal to allow good electrical contact. Noalox leaves a zinc deposit on the threads. As metals go, zinc is a much better conductor of electricity than stainless steel unless it is contaminated by something else: like dust.

17. Thepinfamily

Thepinfamily Super Member Verified Member ECF Veteran

Jan 18, 2013
    Virginia
    Great thread!

I've had my V3 for about a month now. I love it and I have had many of the issues listed in this thread. Screen going out but still firing, button misfires and pixels acting funny/missing. At first I was concerned. Then I started to notice every time I had one of these issues my battery voltage was at 3.5 or below. Now I change my battery if it acts funny or if I notice it's getting below 3.5. I've had no problems since. I think the unit just needs to have a battery with 3.6v or more. They should have made the cutoff at 3.5v. Other than this it's a fantastic mod. I have set it at 10.5w and it stays there. I use smoktech udct tanks with LR dual coil cartos. With the 6mil tank I had no airflow because of the flat top. I fixed that by screwing a eGo cone adapter with air slots onto the eGo threads. This keeps my tank 1/16" off the flat top. It works great without adding any length to the mod. I never take the eGo cone off, it stays there and causes no problems for any device I screw on. I'll be buying another V3 soon.

18. l0stm4n

l0stm4n Senior Member ECF Veteran

Oct 10, 2012
    el paso, TX
  19. legaldisaster

legaldisaster Senior Member ECF Veteran

Mar 2, 2013
    Maryland
    I have had my flat top for about 5 weeks now and the button has become non responsive, pretty much rendering it useless for the most part. I'm disappointed in it, especially after falling in love with it. If anybody knows of any places that repair please PM me. Sadly now my eVic stands alone, but not for long as I jumped on a sale for a new SID unit as well as a black chrome Vamo V2, lol, the prices were too good to pass up. Hopefully I can get this Siglei working again as well!

20. yzer

Nov 23, 2011
    Northern California
    In another thread you reported problems with this Sigelei during the second week of use. You said that a line appeared under the text that appeared on the OLED display. Given the relatively short warranty provided with most Chinese made APVs it is important to contact the vendor if any problems develop during a warranty period. Symptoms are symptoms.

I wrote this in another thread a couple of days ago. It pertains to anyone who buys a Chinese-made APV.

The Sigelei Zmax V3 Telescopic and the Provari are both bell and whistle-laden APVs. I was looking at both last month when I wanted a new APV to celebrate a year without smoking.

I chose the Sigelei. Accuracy on both APVs is too close to call a difference.

The Sigelei offers 510 and eGo threading, the Provari doesn't.

The Sigelei Telescopic will handle 18350, 2x18350, 18400/18500, 18500 and 18650 batteries without expensive tube extensions or buying a separate mini model. Telescopic battery tubes means battery versatility when you want it at much less cost.

The Provari has a far better warranty, no doubt about that. As to which APV is more durable only time will tell. Anyone who says the Provari is more durable is just guessing. The Sigelei Telescopic hasn't been in use for a year.

Not all Chinese-made gear is junk. I used my Smoktech E-Power 14650 every day for 18 months. It never died. It's still my back-up rig.

With all that money I saved with the Sigelei I upgraded my battery supply, carto tank, and carto stash. I still had a lot left over.

Chinese gear will have a higher defect rate. I got around this by using the Sigelei heavily during the shorter warranty period and keeping a very critical eye on performance. I was ready to return it quickly if any problems arose. I operate on the theory that if an APV doesn't have problems during the first weeks it's usually good to go for a long while.

Besides, the Sigelei Telescopic flat top looks a lot better than a Provari.

I am looking into answers regarding the six month guarantee that appears in the Sigelei Zmax User Manual that came packed with my Sigelei Telescopic. I have not experienced any problems with it to date that I can't account for by user error, but I want some more specifics on how to use the guarantee. I will pass along anything I can learn.

The Sigelei guarantee:

“Products are guaranteed for six months from the delivery date. we will not guarantee products that have been damaged through improper use or intentionally damaged.”

I assume that this guarantee applies to the Sigelei user, and not the vendor as it appears printed in the User Manual. Stay tuned.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.