The costs of running this huge site are paid for by ads. Please consider registering and becoming a Supporting Member for an ad-free experience. Thanks, ECF team.

Sigh...relapsed

Discussion in 'General Vaping Discussion' started by jrenae4, Sep 25, 2013.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
Image has been removed.
URL has been removed.
Email address has been removed.
Media has been removed.
  1. jrenae4

jrenae4 Vaping Master Verified Member ECF Veteran

Aug 13, 2013
    ES, MD
    Well after frustration in not finding any (except one) juice I like (in 8 weeks lol), and being super stressed with work, and school, and just down right annoyed in general, I have relapsed on analogs this last week. And let me tell you, I feel like death worn over. I feel sick to my stomach, sore throat, stuffy nose, etc etc. Well today I'm getting fully back on the vaping wagon. Just thought I'd pop in for a word of encouragement or to encourage someone else having the same battle as me :)

2. CreepyLady

CreepyLady Ultra Member Verified Member ECF Veteran

Aug 22, 2013
    Salem, MA, USA
    Falling off the wagon will likely happen due to various reasons. No need to stress out about it since you are getting back on the wagon :)

Every stinky avoided is a victory!

3. spiffy01

spiffy01 Full Member

May 27, 2013
    cape town
    dont beat yourself up too much.

just look forward and carry on, be strong!

4. LDS714

LDS714 Ultra Member Verified Member ECF Veteran

Aug 27, 2013
    Nashville, TN, USA
    It happens.

The worse you beat yourself up for it, the worse off you'll be. Let it go and move forward.

5. Myrany

Myrany Vaping Master Verified Member ECF Veteran

Supporting member
    Apr 14, 2013
    Louisiana
    Revel in the smokes you did not have rather than dwelling on those you did.

I agree finding the right juice (preferably several) is KEY to success. If I might make a suggestion buys ampler packs from MANY different vendors and be sure to try some you don't think in a million years you will like. Doing it this way you get lots of small bottles of many flavors and not too much invested in ones you don't like. Hold onto the ones you don't like. You tastes will change over time and letting the juices age (steep) often radically changes the character of the juice. You never know when that one that sounded gross will suddenly turn into something you love.

6. wrath186

wrath186 Super Member Verified Member ECF Veteran

Jul 1, 2013
    Scranton, PA
    Everyone stumbles now and again. I've been going through mad cravings myself this week, not sure why. I'm trying to look at it like this: I haven't really quit smoking. I've just found a healthier alternative.

7. rbeckys8

rbeckys8 Vaping Master Verified Member ECF Veteran

Sep 7, 2013
    idaho
    well real smoking is still a thought now and then but if I start again I will feel ashamed of myself and depressed, I just can't!

8. E_DeCastro

E_DeCastro Moved On ECF Veteran

Nov 1, 2009
    SOCAL, USA
    it happens I went three years just vaping and then one day for about a couple of months I would have one on breaks because someone I was into was smoking...but after that, I quit again.

9. Robino1

Robino1 Resting in Peace ECF Veteran

Pick yourself up, dust yourself off, and start over again. You now know what the pitfalls are and you have the power to change the reaction to them.

Samples, as mentioned, are best. The learning curve can be steep. You can do it. Get some higher nic liquids for those stressful times. Just keep 1 tank, or whatever you use, devoted to that mg nic. When you feel like you need it, bring it out.

Remember too, cigs have a nasty tendency to not wanting you to let them go. As you move farther away from them, their hold lessons. Once in a while they want, NEED, your attention. Vape your higher nic during those times. I've heard the number 3 is when you kind of need to be prepared for those major nic cravings. 3 days, 3 weeks, 3 months. Your 8 weeks is pretty close to that three month mark.

Good luck! We are behind ya cheering you on. ;)

10. Robino1

Robino1 Resting in Peace ECF Veteran

Holy crap! I just got through typing about the 3's being danger zones. Add 3 years to that list.

11. Screamin Eagle

Screamin Eagle Super Member Verified Member ECF Veteran

Aug 15, 2013
    Maryland
    Sounds like you fell off the waggon and got a mouth full of dirt.
    Now that you know what happens, and what it tastes like now, maybe if that craving comes knocking again you'll go "OH HELL NO!!!!". Meanwhile keep looking for that juice.

VAPE ON!!!! :vapor: :headbang: :thumbs:

12. E_DeCastro

E_DeCastro Moved On ECF Veteran

Nov 1, 2009
    SOCAL, USA
    mine wasn't a craving more of a "i just want to fit in with the ladies," that was a whole 'nother story. but I now after 4 years i seriously won't go back to smoking again. at the most it was 3 a day.

13. Nightcall

Nightcall Senior Member ECF Veteran

Aug 29, 2013
    USA
    I hear you. The first week and a half for me was " wow, this is kind of easy!", but the past few days more intense urges started creeping up on me, and I've been irritable and on edge. Vaping like a .... is definitely helping me of course, but I realize I still have a long road ahead of me. How long were you quit for?

The only thing I'll say, and this might annoy you lol, is stop being so picky about the juices. It sounds like you're looking for too perfect of a flavor and being obsessive compulsive about it.

14. Harlen

Harlen Ultra Member Verified Member ECF Veteran

Jul 14, 2013
    Charlotte Nc
    It's ok
    Stress can do that .
    You haven't lost till you give up and your not giving up so just keep at it .
    I started making my juice just for me ,I didn't like others juices to sweet to much TH can't taste it to strong
    Now it's just right .
    I find I like a 70 Vg &30 Pg including flavor Pg. but that's just me.

15. MrSelf Destruct

MrSelf Destruct Super Member Verified Member ECF Veteran

Feb 2, 2013
    Cobra Island
    Glad to hear you are back on the wagon! I have the desire for a cigarette...not because I really want one...mainly for just morbid curiosity. Now that I'm almost 9 months without I'm not going to try one though.

16. TampaToker69

TampaToker69 Super Member Verified Member ECF Veteran

I woke up after having a nightmare last night that I had went back to stinkies. Even though it was just a dream, I felt like crap when I woke up and was disgusted with my mind for even thinking about it! Keep up the path to success, you will be fine.

17. fourthrok

fourthrok Vaping Master Verified Member ECF Veteran

Aug 12, 2012
    Watertown, NY
    I still have 7 packs of my cigarettes in the freezer. They've been there since Sept. of 2011. When I first started vaping I told myself that if I REALLY couldn't hack it, if I really just HAD to have a cigarette...I could. They were there. I'd bought a carton and only just gotten into it when my first e-cig kit arrived, that's why there were so many. Anyway, I did have thoughts of "oh, just go get a cigarette!" Especially in high stress situations, or when my equipment was giving me fits. But I didn't. I was too stubborn and proud. As a result the 7 packs are still in the freezer, and I've been smoke free for 2 years. But in an odd, twisted sort of way, just knowing they were there if I REALLY wanted them seemed to steady me and keep me on course.

What is weird with me is that I smoked 2 PAD (sometimes more) for 43 years and I never, ever, not even once, "saw" myself "smoking" in any of my dreams ever in all that time. Not once. When I was asleep and dreaming, I was a non smoker...no matter what the dream was. After a couple of months of vaping...I DID dream about my PVs and did see myself vaping in my dreams. I remember one where I was making a big deal of admiring a red eGo type PV I had in my hand...turning it in all sorts of angles and feeling really happy. Odd. I don't now so much...but for a while there I did.

18. soba1

soba1 Ultra Member ECF Veteran

May 27, 2013
    Van Nuys Ca., USA
    U mad it back, forgive yourself and dust your self off and keep pn vapin.
    Yeah I go through the juce blues at times too.

19. joeybear

joeybear Super Member Verified Member ECF Veteran

Sep 17, 2013
    Southeast Wisconsin
    That's why it's a wagon...it keeps rolling. Hop back on and don't beat yourself up about it. We still love you :)

20. CommaHolly

CommaHolly Vaping Master ECF Veteran

Jun 22, 2012
    Plant City, FL
    all I can add to the excellent advice and support given here is,,,,,

GREAT BIG HUGE HUG!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.