The costs of running this huge site are paid for by ads. Please consider registering and becoming a Supporting Member for an ad-free experience. Thanks, ECF team.

Six weeks in. Vaping constantly, will this pass?

Discussion in 'New Members Forum' started by Whatsername, Jan 5, 2014.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
Image has been removed.
URL has been removed.
Email address has been removed.
Media has been removed.
  1. Whatsername

Whatsername Senior Member ECF Veteran

Dec 19, 2013
    UT, USA
    Ok guys, this thing is glued to my hand. I only smoked about a half a pack a day before switching to vaping exclusively six weeks ago. I was not chain smoking, except in the morning I might have the first 2 in a short amount of time. I feel like I do nothing but vape, like I'm sucking on a freakin pacifier! I'm hoping this is a transitional thing? Cuz I feel like a crackhead! So, what is the sitch with that?

2. Nosedive4130

Nosedive4130 Senior Member Verified Member

Dec 27, 2013
    East Texas
    What nicotine strength are you currently vaping?

3. Whatsername

Dec 19, 2013
    UT, USA
    I am vaping 18, I started at 24 but was making myself nic sick so I cut down...

4. LisaR

LisaR Ultra Member ECF Veteran

Oct 6, 2012
    Martinez, CA
    It might pass, it might not. Make sure you are using a high enough nicotine liquid to start with until you get past the worst of the quitting part. After that, if you are feeling yourself get jittery or anxious, you might want to just move down in nicotine strength. I still vape a lot more than I ever smoked, but I think that's because I like it! :)

5. Nosedive4130

Dec 27, 2013
    East Texas
    Hrmm... Sounds like you are at the right strength... The only thing I can tell you is that you may have found a flavor that is just so Yummy that you can't put it down... :D

Or, maybe you are inhaling and then immediately exhaling. I know that there is a bit of technique required in order to receive the nicotine. Basically, you don't absorb the nicotine molecules into your lungs like you would from cig smoke. You absorb it through your mouth, throat, and nasal cavities. This might help you to get your fix.

6. BillyWJ

BillyWJ Ultra Member Verified Member ECF Veteran

Oct 22, 2013
    usa
    It should taper. Or it might not, everyone is different. Maybe try the 24 in the morning, and switch to 18 for the rest of the day?

Also, what are you using? You might want to upgrade to something more efficient and powerful.

7. jwag1973

jwag1973 Super Member Verified Member ECF Veteran

Oct 9, 2013
    Saint Louis, MO.
    Question was addressed while I was typing!

8. Whatsername

Dec 19, 2013
    UT, USA
    Yeah, I definitely like it! At the end and for a while I smoked for a fix, haven't enjoyed smoking for years. I have some more 24 on the way, maybe I will try it again and see if it slows me down. I vape probably 3 mils a day, or a bit less.

9. Whatsername

Dec 19, 2013
    UT, USA
    I am using an ego 900 mah and a kanger ts3 mini.

10. BlackChad

BlackChad Senior Member Verified Member ECF Veteran

Feb 4, 2011
    Back In Mesa
    3ml a day is like... Not very much. You'll be OK just enjoy it

Sent from my SGH-T889 using Tapatalk

11. Worzel

Worzel Super Member ECF Veteran

Jan 3, 2013
    Lakeland, Florida
    Chain vaping is a fact of life for me. When I am at work, I have to put my PV in my purse, or I may grab it and start puffing it right in front of everyone :evil:

12. Nosedive4130

Dec 27, 2013
    East Texas
    Just like LisaR said above, you want to watch yourself. Make sure you don't over do it. I find for myself as someone who is also new to vaping, that I will overdo it, and then I will back off. I just make sure my hands are busy, and the next thing you know it's been an hour since I touched any. Sometimes more. Then, I am reminded how much I like the flavor that I am vaping and off we go again. :D

13. Whatsername

Dec 19, 2013
    UT, USA
    Lol... I'm kinda a paranoid freak by nature, I guess I just need to chill! So I'm not a crackhead then. That's good! I feel like one tho!

14. Nosedive4130

Dec 27, 2013
    East Texas
  15. MorpheusPA

MorpheusPA Ultra Member ECF Veteran

Sep 7, 2012
    Lehigh Valley, PA
    Certainly not. That description is more like me at 10 ml per day. Now that's chain vaping.

It's weird, but I can and do walk away from it. If I'm having a very busy day, I may hit the end of it and only have vaped 4 to 5 ml and I never really missed it.

I chain vape 6 mg/ml nic, though, so not very much. When I started, I had to go to 22 mg/ml to quit, and would occasionally make myself slightly ill.

16. RainyDazed

RainyDazed Full Member

Dec 31, 2013
    Clarkston, WA USA
    I find myself chain vaping too - I have a couple of different flavors set in different tanks and if my hands aren't busy then my vape is going. However I noticed that I don't really go through as much as I thought I was. I only fill my tanks every couple of days.

17. Nosedive4130

Dec 27, 2013
    East Texas
    I'll tell you what. If I did not enjoy vaping as much as I do, I would still be on analogs. I never really meant to quit. I started vaping again with something better than (to me) BluCigs, and just quit analogs. Didn't mean to quit, but once I got past a few days without a really bad urge, I decided to keep going. I'm glad this is so tasty.

18. natyfern

natyfern Full Member

I started out at 24 mg at first but also got nic sick had headaches and such cut back on the nic and am now fine I bought various levels of nic from 24 to 0 because I vape all day except when I'm at work so I cam do a 0 or 6 most of the day and bump it up when needed

Sent from my ADR6330VW using Tapatalk 2

19. Whatsername

Dec 19, 2013
    UT, USA
    Maybe it's just adjusting to the novelty of it, for me. I don't want to get more addicted, ya know? I intend for this to be a means to an eventual end of nicotine addiction and quit vaping when I feel ready.

20. AthensGa

AthensGa Senior Member ECF Veteran

Nov 17, 2013
    Athens, GA USA
    I chain vaped at first. I think it was an insecurity thing. I was afraid of nicotine cravings and I vaped more than I needed to in order to avoid them. Now I chain vape out of boredom. If i'm busy or distracted I don't think about it. I've barely touched my pv today. I've probably used less liquid today than any other day since I stopped smoking. My hands and mind were otherwise occupied. There's no way that would have happened when I was smoking. I've probably used less than 1ml today. Most days I go through several of my 2.8ml clearomizers. By go through I mean get them down to the gurgle point which is about 1.5mls.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.