May 18, 2012
Texas, near Fort Hood

Sloth Tonight

CF Moderator
ECF Veteran
Verified Member
Jun 25, 2014
NY
Sloth's vaping on his first clapton coil today. Interesting vape. Not sure it's much different than normal wire IMHO but, it definitely ramps up the vapor on a single coil build.

For those who DIY I'm vaping on a recipe called Cardinal, which has only steeped for a little less than 24 hours and it is very good. I have a feeling it'll really shine after a steep because it's an RY4 that's heavy on caramel and vanilla. Pretty excited about it, definitely recommend looking it up on alltheflavors and giving it a go if you like RY4 vapes. It's utilizing DIYFlavorShack's Holy Grail RY4 along with a couple FLV tobaccos. That DIYFS holy grail is AMAZING.

Sloth Tonight

CF Moderator
ECF Veteran
Verified Member
Jun 25, 2014
NY
Vaping on another one now, called Abuela, crafted by the same mixer and also available on alltheflavors. This one is a mango cigar, utilizing several FLV tobacco concentrates along with vanilla and mango. This also has only a day's steep on it but was said to be a good shake n' vape. Man oh man, it is delicious. The tobacco is a unique taste that I haven't tasted before, just different than the other tobacco vapes I've had, and it's definitely tobacco-forward. The mango is spectacular and, while present on every hit so far, is really just kind of teasing the palette in the background. There's a good chance this right here will become one of my favorite juices.

It reminds me heavily of Nicoticket's Atlanta. That was a peach-tobacco with NET, so obviously they're quite different. But it's similar in the sense that the mango is to this recipe what the peach was to Atlanta, they're blended similarly. I always loved Atlanta for it's tobacco-driven taste while the peach made it intriguing and kept me going back for more.

Abuela is fire. So is Cardinal. Couldn't be happier with these two recipes and am stoked to see how they develop.

LynnNC

Resting In Peace
ECF Veteran
Verified Member
Sep 1, 2014
NC
Vaping on another one now, called Abuela, crafted by the same mixer and also available on alltheflavors. This one is a mango cigar, utilizing several FLV tobacco concentrates along with vanilla and mango. This also has only a day's steep on it but was said to be a good shake n' vape. Man oh man, it is delicious. The tobacco is a unique taste that I haven't tasted before, just different than the other tobacco vapes I've had, and it's definitely tobacco-forward. The mango is spectacular and, while present on every hit so far, is really just kind of teasing the palette in the background. There's a good chance this right here will become one of my favorite juices.

It reminds me heavily of Nicoticket's Atlanta. That was a peach-tobacco with NET, so obviously they're quite different. But it's similar in the sense that the mango is to this recipe what the peach was to Atlanta, they're blended similarly. I always loved Atlanta for it's tobacco-driven taste while the peach made it intriguing and kept me going back for more.

Abuela is fire. So is Cardinal. Couldn't be happier with these two recipes and am stoked to see how they develop.
Were they mixed for you or did you purchase the flavoring and mix it yourself? The mango sounds very intriguing. I LOVED Atlanta.

Robinowitz

Ultra Member
Supporting Member
ECF Veteran
Verified Member
May 27, 2013
No. Cal.
Nope I mixed them myself. I am really loving these! Here is the mango: Abuela
Looks like you got some flavor back in your life. I remember when you went unflavored for a spell.
This is a fun thread you’ve got here. Always good to see da Sloth

Sloth Tonight

CF Moderator
ECF Veteran
Verified Member
Jun 25, 2014
NY
Looks like you got some flavor back in your life. I remember when you went unflavored for a spell.
This is a fun thread you’ve got here. Always good to see da Sloth
Yep, I still vape unflavored sometimes but only to give the taste buds a break. I am all about the flavor these days :)

markfm

Aussie Pup Wrangler
Supporting Member
ECF Veteran
Verified Member
Jul 9, 2010
Beautiful Baldwinsville (CNY)
I've been vaping simple vanilla blends for a full 7 years :) A vanilla tobacco for 6 years, and a vanilla with either a bit of french vanilla or a bostom cream the last.

I'll do a bit of a berry mix or a dessert at night, sometimes, but the vanilla mix is what I got the pint bottles for (thanks again for the link -- I have spares if anyone wants one).

Sloth Tonight

CF Moderator
ECF Veteran
Verified Member
Jun 25, 2014
NY
Vanilla is incredible, my favorite profile as well. The vanilla note in Cardinal is why I like that one so much, its thick and heavy and remains on the tongue.

I just loaded up a Boss Reserve clone and I never had the original but this is just marvelous. There's a milky honey note that coats the palette lightly while this nutty, grahamy note comes thrusting forth. The banana is creamy, kind of wading throughout the vape like a timid child stepping into the edge of the ocean. I didn't expect to like this so much, I have hated every vape with honey I have had. But this is nicely balanced on day 3 of a steep, and frankly delicious.

For those interested: https://alltheflavors.com/recipes/76822

I am going to start a DIY recipe review series on the channel. I think it will be fun.

Debadoo

ECF Guru
ECF Veteran
Verified Member
May 18, 2012
Texas, near Fort Hood

glad you like em......not for me, cuz I don't like tobacco vapes. But one of two main juices is mango heavy. It's sort of a clone of betelgeuse which was the one NT juice I tried that I adored, but I put more mango in it. I only tried 3 I think. Always kinda wanted to try wakonda, but never did since it was at least a little (maybe more) tobacco. But I went stupid over the betelgeuse.

Sloth Tonight

CF Moderator
ECF Veteran
Verified Member
Jun 25, 2014
NY
glad you like em......not for me, cuz I don't like tobacco vapes. But one of two main juices is mango heavy. It's sort of a clone of betelgeuse which was the one NT juice I tried that I adored, but I put more mango in it. I only tried 3 I think. Always kinda wanted to try wakonda, but never did since it was at least a little (maybe more) tobacco. But I went stupid over the betelgeuse.
I tried Wakonda again when NT closed shop, no idea how I used to vape that stuff. Overflavored and tastes like bubblegum :unsure:

Rossum

Eleutheromaniac
Supporting Member
ECF Veteran
Verified Member
Dec 14, 2013
SE PA
I tried Wakonda again when NT closed shop, no idea how I used to vape that stuff. Overflavored and tastes like bubblegum :unsure:
Never had it, but "over-flavored" describes just about every vendor juice I've tried since I started mixing my own.

Doffy

Vaping Master
ECF Veteran
Verified Member
Mar 15, 2014
Australia
Sloth's vaping on his first clapton coil today. Interesting vape. Not sure it's much different than normal wire IMHO but, it definitely ramps up the vapor on a single coil build.

For those who DIY I'm vaping on a recipe called Cardinal, which has only steeped for a little less than 24 hours and it is very good. I have a feeling it'll really shine after a steep because it's an RY4 that's heavy on caramel and vanilla. Pretty excited about it, definitely recommend looking it up on alltheflavors and giving it a go if you like RY4 vapes. It's utilizing DIYFlavorShack's Holy Grail RY4 along with a couple FLV tobaccos. That DIYFS holy grail is AMAZING.
I find I require less frequent recoiling with Clapton

Hi sloth

Status
Not open for further replies.

Users who are viewing this thread