Slow start up

Status
Not open for further replies.

Vinnybagodoughnuts

Ultra Member
ECF Veteran
Nov 19, 2015
Great point...
Some folks are confusing the hexohm 3.0 sometimes referred to as V3 with other hexohm boxes and or any one of the various hexohm clones including hexohm v3 clones.
The 3.0 / V3 is the only one claiming to be regulated with protections.

It 'should' fall under watts law, but, due to crude basic protections that can be worked around / bypassed / defeated in some cases, or not work as they should, or wouldn't be considered reliable or complete in comparison to most semi decent fully protected regulated power devices.
It is wise / safest to calculate amp draw as if it were an unprotected power source / ohm law.
Sure the limited basic protections function most of the time, but, not always, not in every situation.

When I contribute to a thread I usually try to stress safety over power, gizmo or cool factor.
Sometime I may go overboard, I won't apologize for that, sue me. :D

Just a guess, why wouldn't OEM of one of these QuasiMech/Quasi-Regulated devices Cleary state anything clearly.

To paraphrase from a movie;
" Because they know all they sold ya was a guaranteed piece of poo. That's all it is, isn't it? Hey, if you want me to take a dump in a box and mark it guaranteed, I will. I got spare time. But for now, for your customer's sake, for your daughter's sake, ya might wanna think about buying a quality product."

$24 worth of materials cobbled together that flies off the shelf for $140+, sold as 'for advance users only' draws some folks like a moth to flame.
For those unfortunate few who have not seen this classic.:D

zoiDman

My -0^10 = Nothing at All*
Supporting Member
ECF Veteran
Apr 16, 2010
So-Cal
I couldn't agree more with you. If I'm not mistaken, the HexOhm3 doesn't even come with any kind of instruction manual and no such info can be found on the website. And from what I've been able to come across in my limited research on different e-cig forums, there's not much agreement on how to classify the HexOhm3 or how different build effects affect the performance or safey of the device.

Yeah... Seems like there is a Glaring Lack on information about Many Mods. Not just the HexOhm v3.

I've got some Regulated Mods that have a Pass-Thru mode. How should Amp Draw at the Battery be Calculated?

And my Pico Squeeze isn't really a Mech. Because there is a Board between the Battery and the 510. But some say it Quasi-Regulated because it is supposed to do something based on the Atomizer's Resistance. Other says it does Nothing but Limit useable Ohms and provide Reverse Battery Protection.

And what about all these All-in-Ones?

Watts law takes into account for a Regulated Board Watts. But a Regulated Board Doesn't "Make" Watts. No e-Cigarette makes Watts. Watts are a Resultant. e-Cigarettes provide Voltage.

No one wants to see a Person have a Bad Day because they pushed their Battery Too Far. And we, as a Community here on the ECF, do a Great Job of trying to Educate People about things like Battery CDR's and how Batteries Work in Series or in Parallel.

But for a Large Percentage of Devices, many of them geared towards 1st Time Vapers, or Vapers with Little Knowledge, we have a Hard Time even being sure How to Calculate Battery Amp Draw.

And we Shouldn't be the One's who have to Figure it Out in 1st Place.

dripster

Moved On
ECF Veteran
Feb 18, 2017
Belgium
, but, due to crude basic protections that can be worked around / bypassed / defeated in some cases, or not work as they should, or wouldn't be considered reliable or complete in comparison to most semi decent fully protected regulated power devices.
Still trying to wrap my head around that particular part of your post. For reasons that should be plenty obvious, tampering with a mod to try and work around or bypass or defeat safety features of the mod goes against basic safety guidelines for ANY mod type. My own personal definition of a basic user is someone who already understands this fact along with all the other basic facts. In addition, the "or not work as they should" part IMO is grasping at straws because anyone who listens to Mooch already knows there simply are no mods the protections of which can be always guaranteed to work as they should so without providing clear specifics, this is called typical scaremongering in addition to not being capable to understand the aforementioned word "basic". In the oldest of seemingly abandoned threads in which this multipart tell-tale first began, I recommended to use Samsung 20S batteries for this mod. As you probably know they are rated to a CDR of 30A by Mooch. I await your detailed argumentation/evidence to support your claim that this wouldn't be considered sufficiently reliable with this particular mod, the HexOhm 3.0, with a verified to be stable fused claptons build which happens to be way up and above .2 ohms according to the OP's previous statements in his other thread. Finally, please define "most semi decent fully protected regulated power devices".

Status
Not open for further replies.

Users who are viewing this thread