Status
Not open for further replies.

Thrasher

ECF Guru
ECF Veteran
Verified Member
Oct 28, 2012
Madeira beach, Fla
Just curious on the body build quality and the quality of the threading compared to the Provari's. I assume this has an OLED display? How's the fire button compare? Stainless steel top connector quality?

I agree with buzz, this thing is built like a tank and sadly many of the features I wish the provari had, uses the same led as provape with a 1 button menu.
i love the modular design, many different tubes and heads flat top 14mm 18mm 20mm coming is a mechanical button
the threads are so smooth i can spin the endcap on with a quick flick of the fingers. adjustable bottom connector for correct battery tension (hey buzz many of us flipped the brass piece to face the spring up instead)

all SS head like the provari with an adjustable brass pin, IF you somehow strip it it can easily be replaced. there is little to break on this and they made sure it is easily replaceable if you do

I think the lack of US distributors, as well as the supplier problems and all the production delays have set this mod back. but in EU it sells very well.

P9150122.jpg

Last edited:

SissySpike

Vaping Master
ECF Veteran
Verified Member
Apr 1, 2012
San Diego CA
I agree with buzz, this thing is built like a tank and sadly many of the features I wish the provari had, uses the same led as provape with a 1 button menu.
i love the modular design, many different tubes and heads flat top 14mm 18mm 20mm coming is a mechanical button
the threads are so smooth i can spin the endcap on with a quick flick of the fingers. adjustable bottom connector for correct battery tension (hey buzz many of us flipped the brass piece to face the spring up instead)

all SS head like the provari with an adjustable brass pin, IF you somehow strip it it can easily be replaced. there is little to break on this and they made sure it is easily replaceable if you do

I think the lack of US distributors, as well as the supplier problems and all the production delays have set this mod back. but in EU it sells very well.

View attachment 254486

I did that for a minute I always take everything apart to see how it works. The big fat -contact in my mind means better connectivity which means better battery life. So the 30 seconds of battery life I might lose by flipping the contact to a spring would cause me to lose sleep at night;-)

I had no complaints with my Provari at this time due to the issues thats already been mentioned I would not advise Someone with a limited budget to get it over a Provari. But If they are able to make it readily available and have the same customer service as Provape I can see it giving them some competition.

SissySpike

Vaping Master
ECF Veteran
Verified Member
Apr 1, 2012
San Diego CA
A lot of pieces,,,,,,,,I'd lose them.

I have literally 100 of parts and pieces. The full kit comes in a snazzy fitted gift box so it would not be to tough to keep track of stuff if you put it in its slot when not using.

To be honest the full kit is a bit excessive and I doubt most people would use it Id advise getting the 18650 base kit and adding to it as you see fit just get the stuff you'd use.

CommaHolly

Vaping Master
ECF Veteran
Jun 22, 2012
Plant City, FL
I have literally 100 of parts and pieces. The full kit comes in a snazzy fitted gift box so it would not be to tough to keep track of stuff if you put it in its slot when not using.

To be honest the full kit is a bit excessive and I doubt most people would use it Id advise getting the 18650 base kit and adding to it as you see fit just get the stuff you'd use.

ah, makes sense! but it was actually a criticism of me, not the product LOL.

My daughter and I spent hours looking for a 510 Ego charger we misplaced yesterday LOL,,,,,,we lose stuff all the time LOL

ScottM

ECF Veteran
Verified Member
May 13, 2013
Houston
Just the base kit Im a 18650 type of guy I like that part you can buy the tubes you like. Or get a smaller Dia top to match your delivery device. I was tempted to get the full kit but the other tubes would just collect dust.

Have you tried out the hybrid adapter with the Kayfun? It should drop the length a bit, but probably just a 1/4 inch.

I was pretty excited when I saw they are available in brushed. Of course, I would need a polished one with a 14mm adapter for the Mini that my wife is using.... Maybe I can convince her of the Two for Two special. She's pretty cagey, though.

ScottM

ECF Veteran
Verified Member
May 13, 2013
Houston
Sorry... More questions about the Kayfun / Semovar combination:

What coil and wick are you using? The Kayfun Mini worked well with both the figure eight Ekowool, and just about any microcoil. It worked excellent on either the Ego Twist, or the PV. I am having a bit more of a challenge with the 3.1 on the eVic, but I am also fighting the dastardly numb tongue / vaper's tongue issue, so it might be my imagination.

soba1

Ultra Member
ECF Veteran
May 27, 2013
Van Nuys Ca., USA
I have mentioned in other threads, I have acquired a couple of mods with the Nivel chip and love them!! in an interview with the creator of the chip, I believe he mentioned that it does use a direct current opposed to a PWM. Not sure if I have it right though I do recall this. Both of my mods are under heavy use and no issues thus far!! I would love to see it on a scope. Enjoy your Semovar. I am sure its a wonderful device!!
BTW, The interview can be found here at the 46 min mark..https://soundcloud.com/vp-live/the-nivel-chip-is-coming-to

Well Provape could easily slap one of these on a Provari....
So please tell which mods use them.

soba1

Ultra Member
ECF Veteran
May 27, 2013
Van Nuys Ca., USA
I'm going to start a new thread..."Should we boycott Buzz?"

Noooooooooooo and I forgot who I PM'd a while back who had both mods.
What they told me was if you closed your eyes and vaped both you wouldnt notice the difference.
I would the Semovar the lead in the looks dept. Still not really sold on the vw.
Of course I have yet to try a Semovar lol

SissySpike

Vaping Master
ECF Veteran
Verified Member
Apr 1, 2012
San Diego CA
I'm going to start a new thread..."Should we boycott Buzz?"

HA!;-)

Well, I pushed the purchase button on this this morning. To my amazement, it already shipped out today from C9V !!!! I am so excited for this.

I don't have the Kayfun to put on top, but I do have the Russian. :) This will be a great setup. Counting the days for my vape mail....

I have always had a good exp with cloud 9 and Lisa is a very nice lady.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Users who are viewing this thread