SM V3 Semovar VS Provari

Status
Not open for further replies.

rodsky77

ECF Veteran
Verified Member
Oct 25, 2013
Switzerland
Some people complained from the battery reading of the P3. They have to unscrew the battery cap and screw it back to get an accurate reading.

Sent from my iPad using Tapatalk

Haven't experienced this problem. All I have to do is take a vape to get an accurate reading since I use it in VW mode. But this is the case with all VW mods. I also got a few vaporsharks: 2 rDNA 40s and a vs dna30. Very happy with those as well.

jwbnyc

Vaping Master
Supporting Member
ECF Veteran
Verified Member
Mar 4, 2014
This thread is a bit quiet.

Turns out ProVari is coming out with an updated Classic model which looks to be slated to replace the 2.5.

It will use the new chip and top cap arrangement that comes on the P3 and will feature a .9ohm limit, but otherwise it is very similar to the 2.5. It will also come with one extension ring.

Not much info yet.

Provari Classic 2015 [VE878-ST3] - £134.95 : Vape Escape

Phone Guy

Vaping Master
ECF Veteran
Verified Member
Sep 25, 2013
Arlington, Texas - USA
Never tried a Rose V2, it may be amazing... I think the majority of atty's right now all have the same basic design concept, yet some shine while others fail.

I'd like to try a TC chip of some kind, though I don't know if I could handle the nickel wire. I seem to remember trying a nickel (not kanthal) coil and it irritated my throat? But I still want to test drive one ;)

I've been looking at the vapor flask, considering buying the clone with temp control ($70) and if I decide I love it I could always replace the chip with a genuine DNA40.

I'm getting into the realm of ridiculous with the amount of mods I own. :) that's the problem.

Bought my wife and daughter in law iStick 30w recently at vape blast, those are amazing little boxes for $30...also got the Mrs the IStick mini 10w which is adorable for her. Again a bargain at $20.

My other son bought the 50w and a subtank mini for $80 for the pair, and I have to admit, that's a heck of a setup for <$100!

Things have really changed in the last 6 months. While at vape blast we saw next to no mech mods... Everybody was vaping on boxes of some kind.

Tamer El-Meehy

Vaping Master
ECF Veteran
Verified Member
Jan 30, 2014
Cairo, Egypt, Egypt
yeah..the hype nowadays is box mods...I am about to get the iStick 30 for the wife too..and really wanted to get the 50 for myself..can't resist the temptation of the 44000 mah battery..will be difficult to justify the purchase after I got the SXmini though :(

The Rose's strength is in the flavor department..it has a small vaporization chamber, and a small chimney and I guess the ceramic cup does something (although I can't really figure it out). and of course it has a juice control function that that they came up with long before Svoemesto. I also got the Kanger Subtank and the Delta II...I'm still playing with them..and I find the Subtank slightly better on several accounts, but they made me happy I started DIYing my juice..the way these things gobble up liquid is criminal to say the least..and so far my impression is that they're not really for me because I'm not really into cloud chasing.

Phone Guy

Vaping Master
ECF Veteran
Verified Member
Sep 25, 2013
Arlington, Texas - USA
The 50w IStick is awesome. He got a great deal, it lasts a long time with 2 batteries. It's small, and they have a leather wrap now that makes it Sexy IMHO.

The subtank, for a fill and vape, is nothing short of amazing. Glass tank, cotton coils, huge air flow. It's enough to please beginners and experienced vapers.

Tamer, your going to make me buy a rose! :)

irwink

CASAA Member
ECF Veteran
Mar 16, 2010
Norfolk, Virginia, USA
yeah..the hype nowadays is box mods...I am about to get the iStick 30 for the wife too..and really wanted to get the 50 for myself..can't resist the temptation of the 44000 mah battery..will be difficult to justify the purchase after I got the SXmini though :(
My Provaris including a P3 and my 2 Semovars are now collecting dust. A 30W iStick and Joyetech eGrip are now the only 2 devices I use. I love them both.

ethermion

ECF Veteran
Jan 23, 2014
Virginia, USA
Still living on two Semovars. Gave one away, along with some other stuff. Picked up two KF4s with semo hybrid adapters when they first came out. Proud of myself for being off stinkies nearly two years, and proud of myself for not spending a penny on vape toys this year. Even pint bottles of juice from November is holding tough.

Long glass mode for the KF4 and a refresh of colors from spectrum tanks may break me. And if SM ever comes through with the promised mech switch and or kick adapter, I may give in.

Sent from my brain using an iPad

Phone Guy

Vaping Master
ECF Veteran
Verified Member
Sep 25, 2013
Arlington, Texas - USA
The Watt race is insane and kind of stupid. I'm not sure about you guys, but I am pretty comfortable in the 12w to 15w range, usually 15w. Rarely go above that.... I build a sub ohm 0.5 ohm coil in a tank the other day and I had to vape at 25w on the DNA30 or else the ohms would flash (no regulation). Well that was an experience. Not horrible but very hot vapor. And God forbid you get spit back from the drip tip... Those are little liquid lava balls aiming for your tongue.

The IStick is a great device.. I like the 50w because of the battery life - not the 50w. The 30w is the same size as the 20w (I think) with a modified top cap.

I have not seen the long tank for the kayfun 4, I saw the colored glass.. But not a long tank? Who has that?

I just ordered a 4s pin for my kayfun 4, not sure how that will work out.

Last edited:

Tamer El-Meehy

Vaping Master
ECF Veteran
Verified Member
Jan 30, 2014
Cairo, Egypt, Egypt
I agree..I am usually between 10-15 watts depending on my build. But if you use the Subtank or the Delta 2 with the 0.5 ohms stock coils, then you have to go to 20+ or 30+ in the case of the Delta. I still use my Semo regularly and occasionally my Provaris (I'm too lazy to change tanks, and I like to switch between flavors every half an hour or so. so I just have two setups ready next to my lazy boy if I'm watching a good movie or a good game).

You won't regret buying the Rose PG..focal has them for about $20, but I recommend and have tried the one at FT

Sent from my iPad using Tapatalk

Starlyte2

ECF Veteran
Jul 16, 2012
Carcassonne, France
Things have really changed in the last 6 months. While at vape blast we saw next to no mech mods... Everybody was vaping on boxes of some kind.

Sorry I delated a bit of you, but I think, at least in Europe, that the future legal propositions have something to do with box mods being "in".
The new laws risk to be anti cigalikes and anything that looks in any way like a cigarette, although I yhink that considering a 18650 mod hes absolutely NO similarity with a cigarette!!
However, Box Mods here are very much promoted here and, IMO, it's because of this ridiculous law!
Also, with the sub-ohming craze, although I don't criticize that which I've not tried and probably WON'T, a box is better adapted for batteries, chips and something to hang on to when the blast hits you.
But mainly I think it's because here no publicity is going to be allowed for any cigarette-like PV, and any thing round can be considered by certain anti-ecig senators to be vaguely like a cigarette ;)
But there are some very nice Box Mods about, even if I'm on this topic as I'm going (and it's decided now!) buy my mate and I a Semivar V3 each.

Thunderball

Vaping Master
ECF Veteran
Verified Member
May 5, 2013
Grayson, Georgia
I thought I would drop by and say hello. I havent been here in a while.

Like some of you, I also have been on a couple of Vapor Shark DNA 30's for a time, then got me some ISticks ( which are even more dependable in my experience). They are just so small and convenient and plug in to charge. I stay around 12.5 to 13.5 watts myself so I just dont need much. Im not much of a Sub-Ohmer anymore as well. It seems Ive gone full circle and am back on Kayfuns (4's now) for the most part. Im looking at many bucks worth of Mechs and drippers and Mods that see little or no service these days.

My Provari's and Semo's serve as emergency mods now. They seem so heavy to me anymore.

Bill's Magic Vapor

Vaping Master
ECF Veteran
Verified Member
Feb 8, 2013
USA
I thought I would drop by and say hello. I havent been here in a while.

Like some of you, I also have been on a couple of Vapor Shark DNA 30's for a time, then got me some ISticks ( which are even more dependable in my experience). They are just so small and convenient and plug in to charge. I stay around 12.5 to 13.5 watts myself so I just dont need much. Im not much of a Sub-Ohmer anymore as well. It seems Ive gone full circle and am back on Kayfuns (4's now) for the most part. Im looking at many bucks worth of Mechs and drippers and Mods that see little or no service these days.

My Provari's and Semo's serve as emergency mods now. They seem so heavy to me anymore.

Good to see you, Mr. Bond!

Phone Guy

Vaping Master
ECF Veteran
Verified Member
Sep 25, 2013
Arlington, Texas - USA
Hello Thunderball... Glad to hear from ya.

Got my wife the Istick 30w, and my son got the 50w. Both are using sub tank minis, and for the money, that's a killer combination.

I still occasionally use my Semovar, works the same as it ever did... But my go to has been the wizard's apprentice DNA30.

I'm going between the Squape reloaded and kayfun 4 these days. Since I got use to the airier draw, I can't go back to my kayfun 3.1 or KFL, Taifun v1, etc... It's like using a swizzle stick as a straw :)

Status
Not open for further replies.

Users who are viewing this thread