Not open for further replies.

Bill's Magic Vapor

Vaping Master
ECF Veteran
Verified Member
Feb 8, 2013
USA
Hey Bill...you may find this interesting: The Eye has undergone a "face lift":

- Amperage has increased from 5 to 7 amperes.
- Minimum resistance decreased from 0.7 to 0.5 ohms.
- and it now comes with stock battery tubes for the three battery sizes.

SmokerStore is offering a free upgrade for owners of the old units if they pay the return postage of EUR 4.9.

I know you wanted to replace your battery tube, so just drop them a line at info@smokerstore.de...and while you're at it, please ask if the amperage increase means that the wattage will be increased as well..I'm a total ignoramus when it comes to these things really :)

cheers

Since I couldn't replace my "old" tube, I just fixed it with some dapping hammers which worked perfectly. The threads corrected to with use after a couple of trips to the machinist vise. I would have gladly paid for new tubes, but need them now. Many thanks, though, for this heads up!

A little disgruntled about the new chip (.5 ohms, 7 amperes). If they had these, they should have put these in the originals. Another one of those rush to market issues. Again, I am reminded of why we wait for second addition releases!

I did buy the telescoping tube. So that comes with the shorter tube and the telescoping portion for the 18500/18650 extension, that I will probably never use. I didn't care for it in 18650 mode, and so went back to work on the original. Slight damage to the knurling, but otherwise, all good now. The voltage drop is still an issue, and I often go back to my P2.5 when battery life is an issue. I really only use the 650 batts these days, and the missus uses the 490/500 batts. It's all good for now.

All of this just makes it now hard for me to pull the trigger on the P3. I really want to know if it is all that Busardo says it is, so I may wait a bit. I've been into juice making more and more lately, and less into new hardware. Also, I retro-fitting the shop with new tooling, and this has kicked the crap out of my discretionary spending. Should be all done by end of first quarter, but does require that I set vaping gear upgrades aside for now. :ohmy:

:2cool: :vapor:

rodsky77

ECF Veteran
Verified Member
Oct 25, 2013
Switzerland
Since I couldn't replace my "old" tube, I just fixed it with some dapping hammers which worked perfectly. The threads corrected to with use after a couple of trips to the machinist vise. I would have gladly paid for new tubes, but need them now. Many thanks, though, for this heads up!

A little disgruntled about the new chip (.5 ohms, 7 amperes). If they had these, they should have put these in the originals. Another one of those rush to market issues. Again, I am reminded of why we wait for second addition releases!

I did buy the telescoping tube. So that comes with the shorter tube and the telescoping portion for the 18500/18650 extension, that I will probably never use. I didn't care for it in 18650 mode, and so went back to work on the original. Slight damage to the knurling, but otherwise, all good now. The voltage drop is still an issue, and I often go back to my P2.5 when battery life is an issue. I really only use the 650 batts these days, and the missus uses the 490/500 batts. It's all good for now.

All of this just makes it now hard for me to pull the trigger on the P3. I really want to know if it is all that Busardo says it is, so I may wait a bit. I've been into juice making more and more lately, and less into new hardware. Also, I retro-fitting the shop with new tooling, and this has kicked the crap out of my discretionary spending. Should be all done by end of first quarter, but does require that I set Vaping gear upgrades aside for now. :ohmy:

:2cool: :vapor:

The P3 is great. I have one and it is well made and the design is much more attractive than the v2.5 version - regardless of what others say. If the P3 is as reliable as the P2.5, then it's definitely worth the money.

Phone Guy

Vaping Master
ECF Veteran
Verified Member
Sep 25, 2013
Arlington, Texas - USA
I'm on the no buy (try not to buy) bandwagon right now too. It's been hard for me to dedicate time to research, and honestly any money spent at this point it's for just a slightly "improved" product. Mods, atty's, etc ...

Like Bill, I've been trying to DIY some juices, I did buy an erlkonigin clone which is good, but not amazingly better than my kayfun.

Last edited:

Tamer El-Meehy

Vaping Master
ECF Veteran
Verified Member
Jan 30, 2014
Cairo, Egypt, Egypt
Which Erlkonigin clone did you get PG? I am also trying to hold back on buying a new mod and will be doing some serious DIY as soon as I get my UC, but the eye has been winking at me for a few weeks now. And I have a weakness to certain winks :)))

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Phone Guy

Vaping Master
ECF Veteran
Verified Member
Sep 25, 2013
Arlington, Texas - USA
I got the $17 from FastTech because it was in stock, no wait. The tank has already cracked on me.

I've heard good about the $15 and $21 version from them.

It's loud, you can really hear the air wooshing in during a pull. But you get used to it. It's a decent vape, not worth $170 or whatever the authentic is. The $20 clone seems like more than enough with the exception of the tank.

jkusmc

ECF Veteran
Verified Member
Apr 13, 2014
Georgia
Ordered an erl clone which is supposedly made by the makers of the Fogger. I bought it to go with my Wae and didn't feel like dropping the cash on a real one atm. It's 22mm, which defeats the purpose for me, and is one of the harshest vapes. I've done like 5 different builds, so I don't think it's me. I have noticed that if I open the airflow up it gets better, but the airflow closes back up as soon as I tighten it on the mod.

rodsky77

ECF Veteran
Verified Member
Oct 25, 2013
Switzerland
Would it be better to buy it then, or are the clones OK?

Sent from my iPad using Tapatalk

To be honest, I have neither the clone nor the real thing. But buying one from the original company is a better choice - the tank will not crack and you will be supporting the designer of the original. And it will only be twice as expensive as the clone - if you don't like it, you can still sell it in the classies because it's an authentic RBA. I would buy from the original designer, in fact, I think I will do that in a month or two.

ethermion

ECF Veteran
Jan 23, 2014
Virginia, USA
I posted on the KFL thread, but neglected to clue all y'all in. The real deal KFL is on sale at intaste.de and cloud9. Never seen the real KFL discounted. Smells like clearing out stock before the new toppers come out. The KFL thread also rumors a provari thread option.

Now you know what I know.

Sent from my brain using An iPad

Phone Guy

Vaping Master
ECF Veteran
Verified Member
Sep 25, 2013
Arlington, Texas - USA
I heard they were clearing out KFL at $75. Not a bad price. I guess the kayfun 4 is close to being released.

Really quickly: the erlkonigin tank cracked on me why? I have no clue. Not the juice, I don't vape tank crackers. It's finicky to build, it does vape ok, but I don't think it's worth what they are asking for it.

Let's see what the new kayfun does!

Status
Not open for further replies.

Users who are viewing this thread