SM V3 Semovar VS Provari

Status
Not open for further replies.

ethermion

ECF Veteran
Jan 23, 2014
Virginia, USA
Heh. Nobody has been here in a while. I am still living on two semos, both in sticker mode. After a real good clean, I am getting a full day on a battery. Got a battery charger for the car just to keep anxiety down. Kf4s have all other attys idle. Coming up on two years stinky free, and really don't wish for much more. I have tired of spending money on vape toys. Buying juice by the pint, and getting on with life.

Sent from my brain using an iPad

Bill's Magic Vapor

Vaping Master
ECF Veteran
Verified Member
Feb 8, 2013
USA
I strictly use Provari's these days. Like the new P3, but still often use the 2.5. Sold both Semo's. Still have the Eye.

Must say, the fact that the Semo folks never came out with the pieces they promised, i.e., the mech switch and a couple of other items, I just became disenchanted with them and their whole marketing ploys, and the fact that I've been told, and believe, they are made in China now. Ciao!

jwbnyc

Vaping Master
Supporting Member
ECF Veteran
Verified Member
Mar 4, 2014
All ProVari all the time now days.

A couple Ti mini 2.5s for out and about, a Dragon for dripping attys, Two steel 2.5 minis with tatroe bases and rings for home use, and a P3 Ti mini just because. I do like the Boost and IQ features on the P3.

I've been lowering the power rather than raising it lately, so the ProVari vaping model fits me to a tee.

Never will need anything else as far as I can see.

Might want to check out temp control at some point.

Bill's Magic Vapor

Vaping Master
ECF Veteran
Verified Member
Feb 8, 2013
USA
The Semovar is made in China! ? For real! ?

I have a German friend who has a relative that is in the business in Germany. He told me that only one German APV was made in Germany, which was not the Semovar, and had pictures of the crates from China and NO Country of Origin on them. So, this is third or fourth hand, at best, so I can't warrant or represent anything other than what I'm saying here. A friend of a friend kinda deal.....which can easily be inaccurate. I do know that the German atty's are largely made in China, with few, if any exceptions. Even as the good as the Chinese are (?), how can they reverse engineer and machine to exact standards and be ready for shipping in 30 days, as is the case these days? The flap started a year ago on Vapor Joe's site, when it was disclosed that the same thing was taking place. So, at best it's a rumor.....that may have some veracity to it. Who knows anymore?

Tamer El-Meehy

Vaping Master
ECF Veteran
Verified Member
Jan 30, 2014
Cairo, Egypt, Egypt
I would not be surprised if the Semo is made in China. Iphones and ipods and many parts of high end cars are made over there, not to mention the Vapor Shark. The chinese are capable of producing for both ends of the spectrum, and not all of their products are dodgy..take the Innokins and the Yihi chips for instance.

Sent from my iPad using Tapatalk

rodsky77

ECF Veteran
Verified Member
Oct 25, 2013
Switzerland
Well my opinion of clones just got a tad more favorable.

If the items say Made in Germany and they are really made in China, the modders can be sued for false advertising. But to be honest, my original KF4 does not leak and the HCigar clone (very good quality) does leak quite often.

Thrasher

ECF Guru
ECF Veteran
Verified Member
Oct 28, 2012
Madeira beach, Fla
Really good rose breakdown

I been saying many of these modding "groups" get their stuff made in china for years.

Kayfuns though? I dunno there wouldnt be so much compaining on the FT forums about none of the clones being a 1:1 if china had the prints already

Theres even a video showing the differences between the real K4 and all the clones.

As for the semo? Hmmm tough call i know fhe guy who makes the chip is russian but thats not to say he didnt go to China for mass production, in the early days he couldnt make them fast enough as it was also offered as a modders board and sold out fast every batch.

There is even a chinese semo on focalecig

Look familiar?
Claims to be a 1:1 nivel V3
2014_Limwell_new_electronic_cigarette_semovar_nivel.jpg

Last edited:

ethermion

ECF Veteran
Jan 23, 2014
Virginia, USA
Hybrid adapter is nice, though you are then locked onto your semo. A small project to swap out to another connector. Okay for me, perhaps less so for others. Love my k4s. My KFLs are jealous and now un-loved and slowly being gifted away.

Rather than a new nivel chip, I would be very happy to get the promised, but undelivered kick accessory. I have been at 9.5 watts for a long time.

And, not on topic for this thread, I would love to see AUTHENTIC Sony VT5Cs back on the market. Seems to be the best battery for all of my mods. Both regulated and mechs.

Happy day after Easter, fellas.

Sent from my brain using an iPad

Status
Not open for further replies.

Users who are viewing this thread