Small mod around 50 watts

Status
Not open for further replies.

ShowMeTwice

Supporting Member
ECF Veteran
Jun 28, 2016
The Forest
Years ago I bought a Sigelei Mini 30w (single 18650) when it was released. I liked it so much I got a second for stash. They're wattage only (TC wasn't born yet). They still work fine and I was using one of them not long ago. I have no clue what their mods are like these days.
P1010004crr.jpg

As others have mentioned you really can't go wrong with the Pico 75. I bought one when they were released and it is still going strong. You can also upgrade the Pico to the Arctic Fox firmware which ups its TC game, big time. Pico 75's do have quite the following here. I have several that I rotate through. They are tough little mods.

Georgia Boy

ECF Veteran
Jun 28, 2019
Atlanta Georgia
It maybe more than you want to spend, i cannot tell you how good the OBS Cube X is, single 18650, wattage only. Great to hold, fairly easy to pocket all round great mod, imho and about $33. Otherwise keep looking though the Clearance Sections of all stores great deals come up occasionally.

Good Luck with your search let us know where you end up.

vaper1960

Moved On
ECF Veteran
Apr 24, 2019
California, US
Even if the mod has removable battery, for now I will have to use USB to charge it. I'm fine with that. I only vape 3-4 ml a day anyway. Just want to learn to make my own coils (and juice) and be able to run 50 to 80 watts for the RDA (actually also converts to RDTA also) OK, I'm still learning... like I know what I'm talking about, but I also need this as a backup.

Pigs

Vaping
Supporting Member
ECF Veteran
Jun 7, 2019
Sydney Australia
Pigs, your link doesn't work. Mod looks fine, but costs more.
dennism, yes I know about the battery, but for my needs even an inexpensive one should be fine. (nice mustang!)
HSD, good tip. BTW, actually thinking of getting another Quad Flex kit... such a good deal!
Sorry vaper 1960! Try googling IPV 3S. Anyway hope you keep digging and find the right mod for your needs

Reactions: ShowMeTwice

vaper1960

Moved On
ECF Veteran
Apr 24, 2019
California, US
I realized that for around the same price I can just get a "starter kit" (that's how I got my Innokin EZ Watt/Prism S) built in battery is fine for my needs and I get another tank. This look good, but says 4 digit child safety code... please tell me I can disable that feature! Will coils be available for this tank?
Sigelei Chronus BABY 80W TC Starter Kit | Vape Kits

HigherStateD

Ultra Member
ECF Veteran
Mar 11, 2019
Phoenixville, PA, U.S. of A.
That battlestar mini is a great deal, but going with built-in battery for now (I also found two really good deals on similar mods but require battery)
If your buying old stock, a built in battery may not be the best idea. If it's been sitting on a shelf for a year or 2, who knows how good the battery is, if at all.

Georgia Boy

ECF Veteran
Jun 28, 2019
Atlanta Georgia
I don't see any complaints about the Koopor Mini 2. It seems as well made as the Battlestar Mini to me.
I think Baditude, in general terms, is right.

The best thing you can say is they have a quality control issue, 3 products bought, 3 now in the trash. I think that speaks for something, i maybe just be unlucky, I won't be Smok unlucky in the future!

HigherStateD

Ultra Member
ECF Veteran
Mar 11, 2019
Phoenixville, PA, U.S. of A.
If your looking for something dirt cheap, like the Smok looper, I'd go with this first...
Council of Vapor Callisto Kit | 80W Single 18650 Box Mod Starter Kit (Clearance)

Don't know anything about the brand, but I've seen a bunch of their stuff on clearance recently. Seen a few of their mods hiding in pictures of people's collections here. I'd spend the extra 15 and get the aegis though, as I'm sure it'll last twice as long as anything else. I'd buy a tank separate, unless you thoroughly research it first. Coil compatibility being Important.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Users who are viewing this thread