Small mtl mod/rta combo wombo

Status
Not open for further replies.

xpresas

Apr 15, 2019
Lithuania
Hey guys, so as I brag to all of my friends that my Tesla 200w + Pharaoh mini is a f***ing brick(tbh I think all of those +1000w mods are bricks) and I just noticed as I started to work that my daily ciggarete intake almost doubled. So I guess its time for me to try MTL. Its just that I need it to be as small as possible. I thought going with a pod system but I noticed that in my Country pods are as expensive as a 1.5x pack of ciggies and at this point we do not have an rebuildable pod system so the only option I am left is to go with a small mtl device...
I do not know any good "mods" nor "mtl rta" past 3 years I was into sub-ohm'ing and cloud chasing... I guess I grew up. And please no Pico 75w.

jandrew

Ultra Member
ECF Veteran
Apr 2, 2013
Winnipeg
If you are ok with unregulated, the SXK Atto mod clone combined with an SXK Doggystyle RTA clone is a diminutive MTL combo:
Q2w8Cxn.jpg

$14.95 SXK Atto Styled 18350/18650 Mechanical Mod - stainless steel at FastTech - Worldwide Free Shipping
$10.88 SXK Doggystyle Styled RTA Rebuildable Tank Atomizer - 3.5ml / stainless steel + PC / 22mm dia. at FastTech - Worldwide Free Shipping

• Love
Reactions: Letitia

smoked25years

ECF Veteran
Mar 8, 2018
I see everyone is recommending doggystyle.. Altho I cant seem to find the Authentic version. Does Fasttech's one wont burn down?

The authentic Doggy 2k16 was made in France and it is no longer available.
Doggystyle 2K16
It has a larger airflow hole under the coil than the clone by SXK. SXK accidentally(?) made their clone for MTL.
$10.88 SXK Doggystyle Styled RTA Rebuildable Tank Atomizer - 3.5ml / stainless steel + PC / 22mm dia. at FastTech - Worldwide Free Shipping
There are others that have a larger air flow hole. I think one example might be the clone by SMJY... if I recall correctly.

You can get the new Doggy 2k18 from France. It is expensive. I think it probably has the larger airflow hole under the coil... but I haven't checked.
DoggyStyle 2K18

There are also cheap clones of the new 2k18 that are made in China. SXK made the airflow large this time.

I should mention that I don't use the Doggy 2k16. It is packed away in storage with the Dvarw and other atomizers that were good but not better than my Prime. I prefer the Kayfun Prime. My second favorite is the Dvarw. I recommended the Doggy 2k16 to you since I think it will be a better match. In my opinion, the largest benefit of the Doggy 2k16 is the simplicity. It does have some quirks... like an underengineered air flow adjustment. But the Doggy is popular, especially with those who like loose MTL ....or those who are more familiar with DTL vaping and trying MTL to see if they like it.

smoked25years

ECF Veteran
Mar 8, 2018
An amazing answer, I guess I am gonna stick with doggy and gonna jump start my mtl experience. BTW which juice strenght would you recommend for a daily smoker + 6mg NicSalt 70/30 VPG user.
Also what do you thing about Inokin Pebble? It looks cute ant small. 1.5k mAh battery.. :/ ?

It depends how you vape it. I vape the Doggy at 8-12 watts with restricted air flow. Some vape the Doggy with bigger coils at more than 20 watts with wide open air flow. You might try 12mg/ml first. If that doesn't work for you then up it. I actually vape MTL at 5 mg/ml but I am trying to quit nicotine.

I don't have the Pebble. I've heard others say they like it. The trade off with small size is lower battery capacity. I use single 18650 battery mods. But the smallest mods have integrated batteries.

Edgree

May 14, 2019
@Edgree, may I inquire as why your SL class needs replacing?
Just too heavy to carry around in my pocket while working. I dont know if you own one but it's a heavy device expecially with a 21700 battery. I like the mod iv had it for a while now and have had no issues I use low wattage builds MTL so its good but with a sub ohm tank battery life isnt the best expessially when using it 50w or more I use a samsung 30T 21700 battery. I bought it becouse I thought it would be a good carry around device small size single battery but like I said it's a heavy mod.

Sent from my SM-J337A using Tapatalk

• Agree
Reactions: Mordacai

Edgree

May 14, 2019
Temp is all I use it in. And yes it fits nicely in your hand I really like it. just carrying it around at work sucks I repair CNC maching centers and walk around a manufacturing plant all day so the weight is an issue. The JAC vapor is my first dna I really like it i can put it in my pocket without my pants wanting to fall down. And the software is nice you can do a lot with it I'm seeing why people like the dna.

Sent from my SM-J337A using Tapatalk

Mordacai

Vaping Master
ECF Veteran
Jan 16, 2019
UK
Escribe is good, manual for it could do with a massive update to include an explanation of all the newer settings though.

Only Evolv chipset mod I have at my disposal is the Lost Vape Drone DNA250C, had leaking issues with the 510 connector that can be fixed with an o ring.

Default settings though with DNA chipsets are a little strange, as had to alter temperature increments from 10 to 1 with the theme editor.

So the SL is going to be a table mod for home then?

Status
Not open for further replies.

Users who are viewing this thread