Smok Tech Nickel Mess DCT cart

Status
Not open for further replies.

Kemosabe

Vaping Master
ECF Veteran
Sep 21, 2011
Roe Dylin
That's a bit of an unfair comparison. A better one would be cartomizer vs atomizer.

An rba is in another league.

I just received my Smoktech Nickle Mesh DCT cart/attomizer (what DO you call these things, anyway?) yesterday and have yet to try one in one of my tanks yet. Maybe later tonight I can get to it. I just got my first bottom feeder mod, an Vapage VMod XL, yesterday also and I've been trialing that off and on today. Looks like there's a little bit of a learning curve with this, too.

Thanks for your initial impression and the tip on pre-filling these, Jimmy Jet. :thumb:

id call it a meshomizer.

'grats on your vmod, bad. youre gonna like it. ive got the vmod2.0 and its a great little workhorse. you do have to master the squonk but youll be a pro in no time. at times i wish it was kickable but your XL model is, so youre good. ive got an A7 RBA on mine currently. its great having a bottom-fed RBA system.

+1 on the meshomizer impression. these things could turn out to be awesome. i like how you say its a warmer vape. and the no-priming thing is a big plus. sounds like theyd feed better too. feeding is my biggest issue with carto tanks. id say 1/3 of the time its perfect, 1/3 of the time it floods, and 1/3 of the time the carto wont absorb the juice for whatever reason. adn i always use the same sized holes, same VG/PG ratio too. could be a vacuum issue. IDK

JimmyJet

ECF Veteran
Verified Member
Mar 30, 2011
Carolinas
I just received my Smoktech Nickle Mesh DCT cart/attomizer (what DO you call these things, anyway?)

Good question. And the official name might be inaccurate. Doesn't DCT mean Dual-Coil-Tank? The website says they are single coil, which is fine with me so long as they vape well.

Right now I have the "mesh tank" sitting next to a 3-day-old regular ol' Smoktech 1.7 carto. I think the 1.7 hits better. But I'll still give it some time. I've heard some atties need a break-in period.

I want to reiterate that the mesh tank does have feeding issues with thicker liquids. I switched to a thinner RY4 and the vapor is better. Maybe punching another hole would improve the vape. I also want to reiterate that I am still on my first mesh atty. With all atties/cartos, the next one could be different.

The ease of priming, the ability to switch flavors, and the ability to dry burn are good qualities. I really want this baby to work well.

Edit: Meshomizer, that is perfect. I'm in.

Last edited:

Katdarling

I'm still here on ECF... sort of. ;)
Supporting Member
ECF Veteran
Verified Member
Jan 25, 2011
Utopia
Leave it to Kemo to come up with the perfect name!

So, do tell, guys... we've got the newest being the "meshomizer". We've got the Raven. We've got the Bauway mesh clearo. And there was another one from last year (pretty awful)... I don't know what it was called but it was a fillerless carto with a flange and it had those odd rectangular punched holes. Looked similar to the Raven, but didn't really work well.

What is the difference between the first 3, or, better, the difference between the meshomizer and the Bauway? Is it the same principle but just that one is a carto and one is a clearo? And the Raven is just a fillerless carto but no mesh?

JimmyJet

ECF Veteran
Verified Member
Mar 30, 2011
Carolinas

Kemosabe

Vaping Master
ECF Veteran
Sep 21, 2011
Roe Dylin

Baditude

ECF Guru
ECF Veteran
Apr 8, 2012
Ridgeway, Ohio
Only spent a few minutes putting one in an IBTanked today. I put 3 - 4 drops of a fruity juice in the carto, inserted it, and filled the tank. Draw was pretty average to me. Mostly a harsh vape with a 2.0 ohm at 3.8 volts on a Provari. It seemed like I needed to do a couple of dry pulls because I was getting that dry atomizer taste. At times the flavor was pretty decent, but overall nothing to write home about. The entire experience reminded me of a lousy early version clearomizer (which I hated if you can't tell). After a few minutes I put it away. Maybe there's a better way to prime these things?

This was just the first of a few that I picked up. I believe I got at least one with a higher resistance so I'll give that a shot at the next opportunity.

Worzel

ECF Veteran
Jan 3, 2013
Lakeland, Florida
Just got mine in today. Primed it with a couple of drops of juice, filled the tank. I like how it has the mesh around the bottom quarter of the carto, not packed to the top with fill. I like being able to look in and see my coil. A cooler vape. I am using all VG juice. No issues with wicking so far. I notice it goes through the juice faster than the Boge cartos. Now I just want to see the life span on these.

Let me correct, the vapor is cooler than dripping. The flavor is there. Not a huge throat hit, but I look for flavor more than TH. I notice my battery drains a bit faster on these too.

Last edited:

Worzel

ECF Veteran
Jan 3, 2013
Lakeland, Florida
Well, so far, so good with these things for me. Cleaned a couple of times with alcohol already. I have some wicking issues with these. Primer puffs seem to help, but mind you, I am using 100% VG in these things. They try to flood when the tank gets below 1/2 full, but lift the tank and blow out into tissue, and it is good to go again. If the cart threatens to flood, I found turning it almost upside down, then slowly back upright does the trick. These things seem to use up darn near all the juice in the tank without turning my juice black! More hygenic in my opinion.

JimmyJet

ECF Veteran
Verified Member
Mar 30, 2011
Carolinas
I've spent more time with my 2nd meshomizer and my opinion remains about the same as my original post. These are good but not great. This is also a matter of opinion of course. Someone else might like these. Vapor is okay. Flavor is good. But the wicking issues just make me want to reach for something else.

If anybody discovers a good trick or two, by all means share it. I really wanted to like these. I really wanted them to work well. But they just aren't for me.

JJ

Baditude

ECF Guru
ECF Veteran
Apr 8, 2012
Ridgeway, Ohio
I'm still only occassionally messing with my first meshomizer. (My AGA's are working too nice right now to need to mess with anything else, plus I've been busy with other things.)

Based only on the one I occassionally use, (and I admit this is not a fair review) I've not found these to be particularly outstanding, or even camparable to a regular cartomizer. My issue is with adequate wicking. I keep getting that dry atomizer taste, even with primer puffs. I get better results with an atomizer on my bottom feeder VMod.

When I first saw these listed I became excited. But really, how different are they from a laser-drilled cartomizer that has had its filler removed? I can't answer that, as I've never tried it, but this is what I imagine it would be like.

Last edited:
Status
Not open for further replies.

Users who are viewing this thread