Smok Xpro BT50W

Status
Not open for further replies.

Fegbri

ECF Veteran
Verified Member
Apr 1, 2014
Berlin, NJ
Anyone see these? They look amazing! Hope they are affordable.

image.jpg

superjoefly

Aug 23, 2014
Houston, TX
My problems started at 30 watts. I just tried firing it up again at 20 watts. Very little vapor so it's definitely not firing at 20 watts and I am smelling burnt electronics.

Caged, were you ever able to get a hold of the vendor for refund or replacement? I'm wondering where you got yours from...

Also, what kind of atty were you using, what build, settings, battery etc?

I got a new RBA tank system yesterday and think I may have had a similar experience to yours. It seemed like it continued to fire after releasing the button. This was my first time building on a RBA tank system...Orchid V3...I quickly unscrewed it and removed the battery...the battery wasn't hot, and the device didn't feel hot that I can remember, but I decided to take the tank off and use something else. It was a .2 ohm build which is lower than I normally go on this device. I don't think I damaged mine, and it seems to still be working fine (currently using Magma RDA @ .9 ohms), but maybe if we put some info out there, others can prevent damaging theirs. At this point, I'm staying away from super low ohm builds on the BEC Pro...I also put a small rubber band between the 510 connection ring and the plastic. If I'm not mistaken, Smoktech recommends mech mode for low ohm builds on this device, but they shouldn't rate it down to .2 ohm if it can't handle it in regulated mode...

Saw in another thread that you got the Cloupor ZNA 50...that thing looks BADASS! Hope that it works well for you :)

Last edited:

caged

Ultra Member
ECF Veteran
Verified Member
Dec 13, 2010
Laurel, MD
Caged, were you ever able to get a hold of the vendor for refund or replacement? I'm wondering where you got yours from...

Also, what kind of atty were you using, what build, settings, battery etc?

I got a new RBA tank system yesterday and think I may have had a similar experience to yours. It seemed like it continued to fire after releasing the button. This was my first time building on a RBA tank system...Orchid V3...I quickly unscrewed it and removed the battery...the battery wasn't hot, and the device didn't feel hot that I can remember, but I decided to take the tank off and use something else. It was a .2 ohm build which is lower than I normally go on this device. I don't think I damaged mine, and it seems to still be working fine (currently using Magma RDA @ .9 ohms), but maybe if we put some info out there, others can prevent damaging theirs. At this point, I'm staying away from super low ohm builds on the BEC Pro...I also put a small rubber band between the 510 connection ring and the plastic. If I'm not mistaken, Smoktech recommends mech mode for low ohm builds on this device, but they shouldn't rate it down to .2 ohm if it can't handle it in regulated mode...

Saw in another thread that you got the Cloupor ZNA 50...that thing looks BADASS! Hope that it works well for you :)

I got a reply from the vendor, who replied two days later saying he would e-mail me a return postage slip the following day which never happened. I have not heard back from him since, even after asking him about it. I bought it from eSmok Club. I'll give them a few more days before I file a charge back with my bank to recover my losses. Smok has not responded.

The Atty was an EHPro Pontus at .4 ohms (the BEC read .3 ohms but my ohm meter read .42). The issue started when I set the unit to 30 watts. After a few drags, I decided it was time to switch batteries and that's when the unit started getting really hot even though I wasn't using it (I don't know if it was firing or not). After that the output in VW seemed weak so I put it in mech mode and found the vape was amazing that way, but it completely died after vaping in mech mode for a day or so.

superjoefly

Aug 23, 2014
Houston, TX
I got a reply from the vendor, who replied two days later saying he would e-mail me a return postage slip the following day which never happened. I have not heard back from him since, even after asking him about it. I bought it from eSmok Club. I'll give them a few more days before I file a charge back with my bank to recover my losses. Smok has not responded.

The Atty was an EHPro Pontus at .4 ohms (the BEC read .3 ohms but my ohm meter read .42). The issue started when I set the unit to 30 watts. After a few drags, I decided it was time to switch batteries and that's when the unit started getting really hot even though I wasn't using it (I don't know if it was firing or not). After that the output in VW seemed weak so I put it in mech mode and found the vape was amazing that way, but it completely died after vaping in mech mode for a day or so.

Thanks for the response. Mine seems to be working fine, but I will certainly let everyone know if I have any more problems. I don't think that I had a runaway battery, but it sounded as if it continued to fire after releasing the button. Any idea what could cause this?

I don't think I've ever heard of this happening with an APV before, but I could be wrong. That was with a tank system at .2 ohms, something I normally wouldn't do on a regulated, high watt device. Like I said...I'm sticking with a higher resistance build, and vaping at about 30 watts right now. If I use any low resistance builds on it, I will switch over to mech mode.

That sucks about the vendor...hopefully they are just slow...communication is the most important part of any buisness, IMO...

yes,it's amzing box mod,the newest smoktech bluetooth vw box mod----xpro bt50,some guy say it's just put the bec pro mod in box.

some guy told me the price about $59.9 per set,in fact,it's really competitive price,you know,the same price 3months ago you just can get one DNA30 clone.

but now you will have one original bluetooth box mod.....

iamthevoice

ECF Veteran
Jul 9, 2014
Ottawa, Canada
It's a decent device and I've enjoyed it since I've purchased it. Don't really use the BT feature, but it is neat! It has worked well with everything I've tried with it so far (from a 0.7 dual coil in an Omega to a 2.0 in a Kayfun so far and with a variety of other tanks and clearos). The issues I've noticed are the following:

- Slight delay on firing (on the order of about 0.5 seconds)
- The 5X click safety can be a little finicky to take off (seems you have to wait until the lock message appears to get the 5 click in!)
- Slight screen brightening on firing
- No registration grooves for the cover, meaning you need to hold it in place and line it up to screw it back on
- Hex head screws are nice, but not quite as accessible as more standard offerings (planning on replacing with rare earth magnets anyway!)
- A bit of button rattle (mostly due to the fact that the buttons are metal in a metal housing!)
- USB charging cable provided is iffy at best and for me, did not allow a connection to charge the device. Good thing is any standard micro USB cable you have lying around will work. The actual port is recessed from the actual port in the case.
- BT feature turns off automatically (it would be nice if it could be toggled to stay on all the time, a third setting between just on and off)
- No access to most of the data that is sent to the app from the device itself (the data is there, so it would be nice to have it accessible on the device too!)
- Far too large packaging, considering it only comes with a micro USB cable, a hex key and a tiny manual.
- The micro USB port is on the bottom

It does have a lot of positive little features though:

- The best 510 connector I've personally experienced. It is spring-loaded and has accepted absolutely everything I've thrown at it, perfectly, every time!
- Very clean internal layout and an excellent battery holder, wired to hold positive at the bottom (facing the vent hole!)
- Seamless top plate, so occasional leaks do not automatically flood the interior of the device
- Great finish that does not show fingerprints at all (albeit, it is a little slippery, but less so that standard anodizing!)

I'm sure to discover more as I keep using it, but so far, I would easily recommend it on the features I've outlined so far.

Cotay

ECF Veteran
Verified Member
Oct 29, 2014
Central Coast California
Based on my experience with the BEC Pro, I'd stay away. I believe they use the same chip and unless they add heat protection these things can not be pushed without causing damage to the chip. Warranty support is non existent too.

My understanding is that the BEC Pro and this both have a heat protection circuit, but it was a firmware issue that prevented the BEC Pro from cutting off at a set temp. According to communications from Smok received by pbusardo, Smok has corrected the issue in firmware: Taste Your Juice | FROM SMOKTECH REGARDING THE BEC-PRO VIDEO

I had been considering the BT50, but I'm now more interested in the Xpro M50: https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=cQ_sLo5R_z4

I just picked one up. Ive got an Atlantis on it and it works great. As for people talking about it getting hot, when I was talking to the shop owner, who uses one, he said that they really cook when they crank past 30 and that .3 or lower is starting to push these. Caged did you switch out your RDA coil after the taste? Just from talking to the shop owner it sounds like it may have burnt up a coil.

Honestly for my first Mod and it being authentic, I dont think I could have done much better for the price. I can see this being my everyday (I still want to pick up a decent mech)

As for the delay I was told that its there so you can turn on the device and change specs, or go to the menu, before it actually fires. I find it sort of annoying though. Could have made the locks and menus the +/- buttons and not had the delay

Last edited:
Status
Not open for further replies.

Users who are viewing this thread