Smok xPro M50 Mini Box Mod

Status
Not open for further replies.

Brian Bavington

ECF Veteran
Dec 11, 2014
brooksville fl
I received my smok pro m65 vaped about 20 mils of juice in it since yesterday with a littel help from my freinds kanger sub tank RBA .6 coil the one thing I noticed is no matter what I do I can only get it to fire at 50 or lower I put my driper on it .2 low power 40 and down if I set it at ,65 I get a messege check ohms ok put my kanger tank on it .6 build and it drops wattage down 50 how before it will fire

Last edited:

ObsceneJesster

ECF Veteran
Apr 14, 2012
Baltimore
I constantly had problems with my M50 dropping wattage without even coming close to the voltage limit. It would also constantly mis-read the resistance. On one occasion, my resistance jumped from .4 to 1.8 and it caused me to burn up my cotton. That was it for me so I got rid of it.

I was also sick and tired of carrying around a Allen wrench.

Brian Bavington

ECF Veteran
Dec 11, 2014
brooksville fl
the more I use my xpro m-65 the more un happy I am with it as I thinking back on the add sheet says I stick killer well the way I look at it you can't kill 50 watts with 40 something watts I stick will fire on a point 2 build 50 watts no problem as far as saying what the device is capable of doing I'm not the one says its a 65 watt device but I do understand ohms law that means .2/.3 not .5 or up and that means you need to be in the 17 amps to do it safely the mod the board needs to be able to put out 17 amps maybe that's why they call for a 20 amp battery minimum and somebody says over power the device from what I seen so far that's true they did and advertise it 65 watts I stick killer not me or any one who bought one as you can tell by my post I am not a happy camper its been 24 hours since I left the manufacturer and my supplier know about these issues I haven't heard back from them yet it just adds to it

Brian Bavington

ECF Veteran
Dec 11, 2014
brooksville fl
I constantly had problems with my M50 dropping wattage without even coming close to the voltage limit. It would also constantly mis-read the resistance. On one occasion, my resistance jumped from .4 to 1.8 and it caused me to burn up my cotton. That was it for me so I got rid of it.

I was also sick and tired of carrying around a Allen wrench.
well they fix the Allen wrench problem with the pass through and also chargering I had edit this post I found the reason my mod was not working right I installed the wrong battery after buying it from a local brick and mortar put one my older higher amp 18650 batterys I could save myself a lot of headaches by just ordering the battery from the supplier of the mod

Last edited:

jacksonsmagma

Jan 9, 2015
You need a high amp battery to hit at its peak wattage. I use the efest 35 amp and it's fine. I generally keep it at 25-30 watts. It is a great mod for this type of use. If you vape at 50w constantly, your the kind of vapor that needs more. Accept that fact and buy something more advanced. I have been lucky and have not had any quality issues with mine At all. I chose this mod over istick 50 because I had an istick 20 and was unhappy with her pin quality. Istick 50 has 2 18650s inside but good luck getting to them. i don't mind opening the m50 as I only use 2 of the Allen screws on opposited corners

stayingarmed

Verified Member
I had the same issue....No matter what battery I tried in it, it just kept lowering the wattage lower and lower. Today I just got a herakles sub ohm tank and when I put it on, it started autofiring. I tried a different tank and a different dripper and both do the same thing, autofire as soon as it's screwed on. I contacted the seller and they said it's been reported quite a bit so I'm sending it back in exchange for another one that will hopefully not have the autofire problem. :(

orion7319

ECF Veteran
Verified Member
I had the same issue....No matter what battery I tried in it, it just kept lowering the wattage lower and lower. Today I just got a herakles sub ohm tank and when I put it on, it started autofiring. I tried a different tank and a different dripper and both do the same thing, autofire as soon as it's screwed on. I contacted the seller and they said it's been reported quite a bit so I'm sending it back in exchange for another one that will hopefully not have the autofire problem. :(

Mine was doing the auto fire thing as well. I decided to take it apart and see what was going on with it. After looking at it carefully, I discovered a slight short between the white and the red wires where they are soldered into the chip. Basically these two contacts seem to be the positive input coming into and out of the chip. Mine would fire even when the device was powered down, as the short was completing the circut. The issue is that those two solder connections are right on top of each other and the potential for a short here is pretty high. They had some black insulation on there, but not enough. I went back over it with a hot glue gun and haven't had an issue since. Mine started acting up after I swapped the battery in it one day. I think this caused the wires to shift just a bit and cause a slight short. It would auto fire, not fire, all kinds of weird stuff. Hot glue won't hold up to high temps, and I can see it becoming an issue during the summer so I just ordered an IPV mini, and will just keep this as a back up.

Last edited:

3alouka

ECF Veteran
Jan 6, 2015
Alexandria, Egypt

I guess this will happen if you tighten some attys all the way to sit flush on your mod. This will put pressure on internal wiring and cause a full circuit just like the above post by orion7319 mentioned, which justifies autofiring. I noticed this with my subtank mini, resistance readings were jumping around and i thought tightening the tank on the mod would solve it, i could feel the firing button poke out more and more as i tightened the tank down on the mod, to an extent that it only needed a slight touch to fire it. On the bright side i never experienced this issue with my Lemos. This might not be your case but i thought it was worth mentioning. Give it a try and tell us if it works.

UncleChuck

Ultra Member
ECF Veteran
Verified Member
Apr 20, 2011
Portland
For anyone having issues with the power lowering on their device, you can sand off the plating on the negative contact on the base plate as well as the chrome plating around the screws where it contacts the body.

I didn't have any issues with the power lowering until after some time, but then it started getting worse and worse and I couldn't even vape a .3 build at 40 watts. After the little sanding trick it will fire at 60w even with a used battery.

Someone posted a link to a youtube video where someone demonstrated this trick but I can't seem to find it, although it's pretty self-explanatory, just sand the chrome off the negative contact and the area around the screw holes.

OcalaFlGuy

Ultra Member
ECF Veteran
Verified Member
Apr 4, 2015
Ocala, Fl
For anyone having issues with the power lowering on their device, you can sand off the plating on the negative contact on the base plate as well as the chrome plating around the screws where it contacts the body.

I didn't have any issues with the power lowering until after some time, but then it started getting worse and worse and I couldn't even vape a .3 build at 40 watts. After the little sanding trick it will fire at 60w even with a used battery.

Someone posted a link to a youtube video where someone demonstrated this trick but I can't seem to find it, although it's pretty self-explanatory, just sand the chrome off the negative contact and the area around the screw holes.

Sand the finish off of a brand new $50 unit just to make the damn thing work?

This is a joke, right?

Bruce in Ocala, Fl

Reactions: sanctus_fumus

wattageous

ECF Veteran
Verified Member
Jan 24, 2014
Dongdaemun, Seoul
Sand the finish off of a brand new $50 unit just to make the damn thing work?

This is a joke, right?

Bruce in Ocala, Fl
It's not a joke. I'm having a love-hate relationship with the mod. At times it works great while sometimes it just go wack.

I was determined not to let this mod go to waste so I checked every possible causes for the various issues ie. Decreased wattage, weak battery and etc when it shouldn't suppose to be.

I derive the conclusion that the contacts of this mod especially the bottom screws are the cause for such issues. After going through the more popular ways of sanding off the bottom plates and all, it seems that the thread around the screws are prone to carbon build up.

When carbon builds up, it minimises the electric flow from the battery to your atomiser and giving inconsistent performance. To go around this issue, simply take off all the screws and give them a good twist in between towel. Give them a good clean and you'll see how much carbon stains your screw threads.

It is a little troublesome but it works. So far I only have to make sure they are clean every week. So if anyone has a good idea of how to avoid this carbon build up, please let me know!

Cheers!

Sent from my A0001 using Tapatalk

HighPlainsPuffer

Jul 9, 2015
in flux
Wanted to bump this to the top to see if any long term owners cared to share their results.

I just picked one up for $22 shipped, and so far I'm definitely liking it! Only been using it for a couple days, but for the price I'm considering picking up another.

Before I bought it I read this thread through, and it seemed worth the risk for 20 bucks... Since buying it I've read through it again a couple times! My initial expectations have absolutely been met, but I'm curious about possible future issues.

Thanks!

Status
Not open for further replies.

Users who are viewing this thread