The costs of running this huge site are paid for by ads. Please consider registering and becoming a Supporting Member for an ad-free experience. Thanks, ECF team.

Smok xPro M50 Mini Box Mod

Discussion in 'VV/VW APV Discussion' started by CigmundFreud, Dec 19, 2014.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
Image has been removed.
URL has been removed.
Email address has been removed.
Media has been removed.
  1. k0shi

k0shi Full Member

Jan 13, 2015
    Just a update for everyone I just received my bt50 back today from mad Vapes and I have to say it's a lot better after this 65watt update and yes I did pick up a istick 50 as well. All the problems I had with my bt50 previously is no longer there. Fires straight away off the sleep screen and doesn't go to sleep so quick any more[​IMG]

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

2. ObsceneJesster

ObsceneJesster Super Member ECF Veteran

Apr 14, 2012
    Baltimore
    Hopefully the 65 watt version doesn't jump the ohm reading around like the 50 watt version. Other than that it was a decent little mod. I just like my iStick 50 more.

3. vjdossey

vjdossey Ultra Member ECF Veteran

Aug 12, 2013
    Antioch, CA
    Where are y'all getting the 65 watt version from. I think this is going to be my next mod... Although, I have one eye on the istick 50 watt...

4. FLAVOURFIELD

FLAVOURFIELD Full Member

Aug 13, 2013
    Newcastle UK
    my hana modz just died, fire button not working, warning too hot , reads when pressing the voltage down button, not sure on what the problem is, any one any ideas and is this a good replacement. Not stuck on anything to vape with just need a reliable back up and quite like the box mod, was alternating with the hana and a heatvape defender with, mech back ups,

5. Phassat

Phassat Super Member ECF Veteran

Nov 9, 2014
    Planet Earth
    I have good experience with mine... I am charging it overnight and in the morning going to work with full battery... Then around 1 am before going to bed, it would left with 40% ish. When I have time to chain vape at work, it would be 30% ish before bed time for me. There has no occasion where it died in a day.

I am using vtc 4 and yes, charging was actually very fast. You'll see the % up within minutes.

I was a bit hesitant at first due to the hex screw for the battery door... But now, I only need to use 1 battery and I got my whole day covered

6. Phassat

Nov 9, 2014
    Planet Earth
    Okay here's the thing... Ohm reading still jumping around. It is much more compared to other devices that I experienced on.

It was not so bad cause the jump is ± 0.2 ohm. I would click and release couple times and it would normally back to normal.

So far overall is still good experience. It still has room for improvement but it been quite reliable for my need. I was using mech mod before most of the time and in one day I will need at least 2 batteries.

7. 3alouka

3alouka Senior Member ECF Veteran

Jan 6, 2015
    Alexandria, Egypt
    You'll be very happy with the istick 50 watts, it will last you a minimum of 3 days per charge if you're a heavy vaper with the 4400mah battery, and it takes about 5 hours to charge. I own the M50, and i'm so happy with it. It looks really good and performs really good, and i have no complains about battery life getting me through the day. But i was also eyeing the istick 50 watts for the high mAh capacity, and because of my good experience with the istick 20 watts.

8. vjdossey

vjdossey Ultra Member ECF Veteran

Aug 12, 2013
    Antioch, CA
    I have the istick 20 watt as well... I have not had any issues with it. Works well and the battery lasts a long while :) I am sure I'll get the 50 watt... :)

9. jj6404

jj6404 Super Member ECF Veteran

Jan 15, 2015
    VA
    There is now an xpro m80 plus...

10. Phassat

Nov 9, 2014
    Planet Earth
    m80... Hmmm I even use 30 watts max on my m65... I rather see more improvement on the m65 rather than increase the wattage. Improvement such as:
    - voltage reading all the time
    - better stability for the resistance reading
    - change hex screw with something tool less... Not that I ever change my battery so far but tool less would be better
    - maybe temperature control
    - more reliable firing button... Not major issue but ocassionally it stops firing when pressed not too spot on or on the side of the button
    - step down

Anyhow I am a happy user at the moment with m65

11. jj6404

Jan 15, 2015
    VA
    It's advertised as having temperature control, regulated or full mechanical unregulated mode. 4400 mah capacity with two internal unremovable 18650 lipo Batts.

Is only about $60. What concerns me is that why would you want to run lipo batteries unregulated? Is that NOT a safe battery chemistry for unregulated use??

12. Phassat

Nov 9, 2014
    Planet Earth
    I don't know, I haven't seen the spec but I prefer to choose my own batteries rather than having a device with an unremoveable one. Concern is that when the battery doesn't perform like it should be, you are stuck and have to purchase another one.

On the m65, the 'unregulated' mechanical mode stays at 3.7v at top if I am not mistaken... so I am a bit skeptical that it is truly unregulated.

13. UncleChuck

UncleChuck Ultra Member Verified Member ECF Veteran

Apr 20, 2011
    Portland
    I figured a little update was in order, after more than a month of daily use and being carried around in my pocked with keys and change it's still functioning flawlessly and the finish doesn't have a scratch on it, literally. Whatever paint/coating they are using it seems to be super tough, my IPV2 was scratched to hell after the same amount of use.

[​IMG]

14. Sicrano

Sicrano Full Member

Feb 25, 2015
    Portugal
    Folks I have one and I'm not happy. It says "weak battery" at 20w with a 75% charged new Samsung 25R. Not a real problem for me because I vape 0.7 / 1.2 ohms at 12 to 18 watts... But mine does not handle battery charge like it should... 65W? No way, maybe for a few seconds...

Update: looks like I was using a false Samsung. No problems at all with a purple Efest.

15. Brian Bavington

Brian Bavington Senior Member ECF Veteran

Dec 11, 2014
    brooksville fl
    Well my pro 65 is on its way after a month of looking it was a hard choice my son bought a istike 30 liked every thing but battery run time so order 50 but before 50 arived well the 30 started firing its self tock it back to local B M mater fact I will give them a plug hear smoking joes Clearwater beach fl gave him a 30 to use till they could check it later that same day called my son to come pick out new mod other one faulty that simple way things should be what it getts better that was last week 30 working great got 50 in the mail Monday tuesday it starts messing up jumping all over the place no problem new one be here tuesday and my smok pro m65 soon I was soo close to ordering the sx 350 chip and installing it in my unlimited but it kicks so darn good with .2 and lower I just could not disassemble it thats for going fape crazy I still a bit nervous hope the pro 65 is stable from 12 /28 watts for my kanger sub mini

16. cigatron

cigatron Vaping Master ECF Veteran

May 14, 2014
    clinton ar
    Anyone know what chipsets are in the bm65 and bt65? Heard the bm50 had the sx300 but not sure

17. jj6404

Jan 15, 2015
    VA
    That's what I'm trying to find out... I was gonna get the istick 50w but with the new smok m80 being $5-$10 more it seems like a no-brainer UNLESS the chip is finicky...

18. 3alouka

3alouka Senior Member ECF Veteran

Jan 6, 2015
    Alexandria, Egypt
    The chip on the M80 IS finicky... users have reported temperature control is not functioning at all, and it's been confirmed by a guy called vaping shozza on youtube in a review he made of the M80. But he said Smok is aware of the issue, and will be rolling out a firmware update to starighten the temperature control issue, so i'd rather wait.

EDIT: Hearing that the software upgrade for the M80 can be carried out by users by connecting the unit to their pc, i.e. no need to send the unit in for the upgrade. I wonder if it's possible to upgrade my M50 to 65 watts the same way, i can't send my unit in for the upgrade, any thoughts?

19. Croak

Croak Ultra Member Verified Member ECF Veteran

Nov 13, 2012
    Right behind you...
    EDIT: Whoops, wrong xPro thread, disregard.

20. kylroy

kylroy Senior Member Verified Member ECF Veteran

Mar 13, 2012
    North Idaho
    Unfortunately there is no user upgradeable method for the m50 to 65 watts. I went straight for thw 65 watt version, but from what I hear, the upgrade is well worth the wait for sending it in.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.