Smok xPro M50 Mini Box Mod

Status
Not open for further replies.

ObsceneJesster

ECF Veteran
Apr 14, 2012
Baltimore
That 3100mah battery is in reality a 10A continuous/20A pulse cell. It works reasonably well at 10A: Test of Efest IMR18650 3100mAh (Purple) 2014

For a 50w device you'll find that the recommended cells are the Samsung 25R, LG HE2 or HE4, and the Sony VTC4s that are still available. The actual performance of the Efest 3100mah is worse than these cells...mah ratings don't tell the whole story. You also need to look at how quickly a cell drops its voltage at a given amp rating.

I use the Samsung 25R's and the LG HE4's. Both seem to perform the same and last about the same amount of time.

I will say that I have a buddy who uses nothing but Purple E-Fest batteries in his IPV3 and he is constantly pushing 75-100 watts. He's never had a problem with them. Are the purple E-Fest batteries okay for the IPV3 and not the X-ProM50?

Cotay

ECF Veteran
Verified Member
Oct 29, 2014
Central Coast California
I use the Samsung 25R's and the LG HE4's. Both seem to perform the same and last about the same amount of time.

I will say that I have a buddy who uses nothing but Purple E-Fest batteries in his IPV3 and he is constantly pushing 75-100 watts. He's never had a problem with them. Are the purple E-Fest batteries okay for the IPV3 and not the X-ProM50?

There are various Purple Efest batteries. The Efest 2500mah cells are wrapped LG HE2s...they are fine. I would avoid the 3100mah in a 50w device...they are fine for a 15w Zmax.

That 3100mah battery is in reality a 10A continuous/20A pulse cell. It works reasonably well at 10A: Test of Efest IMR18650 3100mAh (Purple) 2014

For a 50w device you'll find that the recommended cells are the Samsung 25R, LG HE2 or HE4, and the Sony VTC4s that are still available. The actual performance of the Efest 3100mah is worse than these cells...mah ratings don't tell the whole story. You also need to look at how quickly a cell drops its voltage at a given amp rating.

There are various Purple Efest batteries. The Efest 2500mah cells are wrapped LG HE2s...they are fine. I would avoid the 3100mah in a 50w device...they are fine for a 15w Zmax.

I understand that Efest 3100 is with 10/20A rating, but the Smok M65 is rated for 11A no?
Should I get Samsung 25R's or the LG HE4's, what battery will last longer?
Thank You

ObsceneJesster

ECF Veteran
Apr 14, 2012
Baltimore
I understand that Efest 3100 is with 10/20A rating, but the Smok M65 is rated for 11A no?
Should I get Samsung 25R's or the LG HE4's, what battery will last longer?
Thank You
They're both 2500mah and I use both on a regular basis in my M50. In my experience they both last just as long but the LG let's me vape at a higher wattage for a longer period of time. The Samsung will start dropping the wattage on me noticeably sooner than the LG.

Cotay

ECF Veteran
Verified Member
Oct 29, 2014
Central Coast California
They're both 2500mah and I use both on a regular basis in my M50. In my experience they both last just as long but the LG let's me vape at a higher wattage for a longer period of time. The Samsung will start dropping the wattage on me noticeably sooner than the LG.

Some people have had your experience and others have found the 25R to last longer. I think they are essentially neck and neck. Review the charts in this post: http://www.e-cigarette-forum.com/fo...vtc5-lg-icr18650he2-samsung-inr18650-25r.html

ObsceneJesster

ECF Veteran
Apr 14, 2012
Baltimore

Cotay

ECF Veteran
Verified Member
Oct 29, 2014
Central Coast California
That thread is comparing the Samsung to the HE2. I'm talking about the HE4 which has a lower resistance.

I don't know where you are getting your information, but the spec sheets on the HE2 and HE4 show the internal resistance of the HE4 is higher:

HE2: http://www.google.com/url?sa=t&rct=...O_rXjK3F-8vatpxoA&sig2=GQzTOdlj78-diyCf163oTA

HE4: https://www.dropbox.com/s/d622nrfipiic16h/LGDBHE41865.pdf?dl=0

From what I can tell from the spec sheets the HE4 is generally the same or worse than the HE2. That is also the conclusion the folks on Reddit arrived at: http://www.reddit.com/r/electronic_cigarette/comments/2my0ee/lg_18650he4/

From what I've read elsewhere, the HE4 was tuned to operate at a lower temperature under peak output conditions. That appears to be their only advantage over the HE2. Even some folks here on ECF are finding the HE2s last longer than the HE4s: http://www.e-cigarette-forum.com/forum/batteries-chargers/626215-lg-he4-18650-a-3.html

Last edited:

Monotremata

Ultra Member
ECF Veteran
Verified Member
Jul 15, 2014
Fontana, CA
monotremata.bandcamp.com
That thread is comparing the Samsung to the HE2. I'm talking about the HE4 which has a lower resistance.
The HE4 is no different than the HE2 other than having a lower resistance and keeping 'cooler' than an HE2. The performance should be the same..

Cotay

ECF Veteran
Verified Member
Oct 29, 2014
Central Coast California
The HE4 is no different than the HE2 other than having a lower resistance and keeping 'cooler' than an HE2. The performance should be the same..

I'd be very interested to see where the lower resistance of the HE4 is documented. I can't find that in the LG issued spec sheets. But I'll be happy to be corrected if I'm wrong...it wouldn't be the first, or last time I'm sure. :)

Croak

Ultra Member
ECF Veteran
Verified Member
Nov 13, 2012
Right behind you...
There's so much variance between batches of batteries, I wouldn't put a ton of credence in a few cases where an HE2 outlasted an HE4, or vice versa (or performed differently than a 25r or VTC5, for that matter, for the same reason).

It could be that dragonsdeath's HE2s and rewraps came from a primo batch and the HE4's were lower binned.

I've got 5 HE2s, 2 25r's, 2 HE4s from last year, and a fresh set of 4 HE4's as of this week, and I can't really see a difference in longevity between ANY of them. And none of them last me more than a couple hours when I'm at home chain vaping.

Bleheri

Jul 13, 2014
Denmark
For thoose with resistance issues, check to see if the 510 has moved at all. My tanks would not sit flush all of the sudden, cousing me to screw the atty down farther and the resistance would jump all over the place. I took the blunt end of a screwdriver and pushed down on the 510 (make sure you press down on the SS threads). The top of the SS threads should sit flush or slightly below the lowest part of the air slits near the 510. This has fixed any resistance issues i have had, and i can get my atty to sit flush again

3alouka

ECF Veteran
Jan 6, 2015
Alexandria, Egypt
I must say that i'm really distrusting the battery indicator 83% Kfl @ 17w. And it says weak battery. Okay i plug in the charger and it jumps from 84, 91,96,98. Now i do know its supposed to charge really quick but not in 30 sec's. Brand new 25r aswell

Do you think it's time to hit that reset button that's been sitting there all the time doing absolutely nothing? How does it even work? Has anyone tried it yet?

Steven Tector

Dec 16, 2014
Illinois
I ordered the Smok Xpro 65 watt. Should be in the mail today; it has passthrough and word on the street is thing thing charges pretty dang fast..like REALLY fast.

Once you put a battery in it just say goodbye to swapping batteries out and charge it via usb, it should take about 40 minutes to fully charge the battery and you can vape away while doing so. I too am wondering if their is a way to turn the battery saving function off the mod BUT you can also switch this mod into mech mode which will allow you to simply run it off the battery and put a lower resistance atty on it below the 0.2 ohm standard. In the packaging it comes with two spare silicon buttons so thats another plus with this upgraded mod.

Guys this thing is a tiny 65 watt powerhouse of a mod. You can't always get every little thing you wish for when it comes to these things but for $48 I got this thing and I think that is a great deal for this mod. I can't really say more about it because I don't offically have it in my hands yet but any gripes or pains I have with it I will keep posted on the forum.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Users who are viewing this thread