Smok xPro M50 Mini Box Mod

Status
Not open for further replies.

skjames19

Jan 16, 2014
Seoul, South Korea
What shipping method did they use?

I used their default shipping option which was singpost. Think the same tracking as fastttech, BUT, I ordered something on fasttech the same day, and the m50 from vapeb2b got here WAY quicker, it just arrived in country last night. Took about a week, whereas the fasttech one is still on its way. I am located in South Korea.

janne303

ECF Veteran
Oct 6, 2014
Sweden
It is a replaceable battery, but it is intended to to be charged via USB. You have to take 4 screws out to change the battery.

Ah saw that when I was google for pics now =) 1.jpg

But I saw the cons now so I dont want it :

"I have an Xpro M50 in my hand and first impressions are

Pro
- weight 115 gr is like an istick
- Size is wonderfull. Thinner than a Vapor Shark but a bit higher
- 510 is springloaded
- Buttons are good and solid
- Device can be set in Mech Mode were it routes the Voltage direkt to the device without regulating.

Cons
- battery change is hard as you need to change 4 screws (bottom)
- OHM Display is not precise (always tells me 0.4 Ohm)
- No Step Down
- Minimum Voltage is 3.4 Volt

Summary:
Good device for day to day use. But if battery is empty you have to leave it alone on the usb charger can cannot use it.
Size is super, weight is leightweight.

cheers A"

I need a device that can be used when its chargeing.

Last edited:

thanantos

ECF Veteran
Dec 28, 2013
Grand Rapids, Michigan, USA
Ah saw that when I was google for pics now =) View attachment 400857

But I saw the cons now so I dont want it :

"I have an Xpro M50 in my hand and first impressions are

Pro
- weight 115 gr is like an iStick
- Size is wonderfull. Thinner than a Vapor Shark but a bit higher
- 510 is springloaded
- Buttons are good and solid
- Device can be set in Mech Mode were it routes the Voltage direkt to the device without regulating.

Cons
- battery change is hard as you need to change 4 screws (bottom)
- OHM Display is not precise (always tells me 0.4 Ohm)
- No Step Down
- Minimum Voltage is 3.4 Volt

Summary:
Good device for day to day use. But if battery is empty you have to leave it alone on the usb charger can cannot use it.
Size is super, weight is leightweight.

cheers A"

I need a device that can be used when its chargeing.

The specs from Smoke says there is a USB pass through, but I know even that might be a turn off for some folks.

ObsceneJesster

ECF Veteran
Apr 14, 2012
Baltimore
Just wanted to give my first impressions on this device. I picked it up today from a local B&M. The store owner said he received 30 of them in today and I purchased the 28th one so they seem to be flying off the shelves. I gladly paid the $65 instead of paying a little less and waiting for it to be shipped. The store also offers a lifetime warranty on all of the Mods they sell so it's a win/win.

Onto the Mod itself.

Fit and finish is great. It feels solid, the power button is tactile and the buttons click when pressed. The size of the device is perfect in my opinion. It's not to small and not to large. It fits perfectly in the palm of an average sized hand. The amount of power packed into this little device is insane.

The battery is removable however it is meant to be charged via micro USB. So far, I have not been able to get it to work in pass through. I don't even know if the device is capable.

The voltage only goes down to 3.4 volts but honestly, that isn't going to matter for myself or most others. I don't vape anything below 4 volts.

Also included in the box is a 510 to Ego adapter that has a floating pin. It is designed specifically for this mod so it sits very nice and looks uniform. I am using it for thread protecting purposes.

All in all, I am very impressed with this mod. When I leave the house, I will be grabbing this over my iStick. Not just because it's more powerful but it also feels better in the hand. Below is a picture just so you guys can get a better idea of it's size.

ObsceneJesster

ECF Veteran
Apr 14, 2012
Baltimore
Where did you get a pager? :lol:

Is that the 18350 or 18490 model? :lol::lol:

Ok, ok, I'm done. :lol::lol::lol:

LOL.....It's for work. I'm a firefighter and our run information is sent over them along with being verbally dispatched. They are basically used for a time log and for when we can't understand the dispatcher.

Rwb1500

ECF Veteran
Verified Member
Apr 16, 2014
South Central PA
LOL.....It's for work. I'm a firefighter and our run information is sent over them along with being verbally dispatched. They are basically used for a time log and for when we can't understand the dispatcher.

Oh, it's a firefighter thing. I guess I can let that slide. As long as it's not for your mom to let you know when dinner is. :D

thanantos

ECF Veteran
Dec 28, 2013
Grand Rapids, Michigan, USA
Just wanted to give my first impressions on this device. I picked it up today from a local B&M. The store owner said he received 30 of them in today and I purchased the 28th one so they seem to be flying off the shelves. I gladly paid the $65 instead of paying a little less and waiting for it to be shipped. The store also offers a lifetime warranty on all of the Mods they sell so it's a win/win.

Onto the Mod itself.

Fit and finish is great. It feels solid, the power button is tactile and the buttons click when pressed. The size of the device is perfect in my opinion. It's not to small and not to large. It fits perfectly in the palm of an average sized hand. The amount of power packed into this little device is insane.

The battery is removable however it is meant to be charged via micro USB. So far, I have not been able to get it to work in pass through. I don't even know if the device is capable.

The voltage only goes down to 3.4 volts but honestly, that isn't going to matter for myself or most others. I don't vape anything below 4 volts.

Also included in the box is a 510 to Ego adapter that has a floating pin. It is designed specifically for this mod so it sits very nice and looks uniform. I am using it for thread protecting purposes.

All in all, I am very impressed with this mod. When I leave the house, I will be grabbing this over my iStick. Not just because it's more powerful but it also feels better in the hand. Below is a picture just so you guys can get a better idea of it's size. ]

Thanks for the review and good for you for having such an awesome B&M! The only one near me that sells any devices like this had it for sale for $120 and they provide 0 warranty.

That being said I had the same impression of an overall quality device when I saw it in the store. I was impressed.

P.S. I'm a paramedic so I get the pager thing.

EDIT: Funny thing, if I had any faith at all that Cloupor could produce a quality device I would have walked out of there with a T8. It was high powered, beautiful and felt great in my hand. I just kept seeing problems down the road.

Last edited:

ObsceneJesster

ECF Veteran
Apr 14, 2012
Baltimore
Thanks for the review and good for you for having such an awesome B&M! The only one near me that sells any devices like this had it for sale for $120 and they provide 0 warranty.

That being said I had the same impression of an overall quality device when I saw it in the store. I was impressed.

P.S. I'm a paramedic so I get the pager thing.

Yea, I'm right outside of Baltimore so there is a lot of B&M's around. Don't get me wrong, most of them try to sell all their mods at 100% mark up but there are a couple that sell mods for a good price.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Users who are viewing this thread