Status
Not open for further replies.

Mr_Phil

ECF Veteran
Feb 8, 2010
Lubbock, Texas, United States
Is Smoketip the Kr808d-1?

I've been vaping an RN4081 for ages. Does anyone have experience with the 4081 and 808d models? I'd love to read about someones personal experience.

I tried to find a straight up review of the smoketip and haven't. From random sampling of posts I get the feeling that the customer service is good to go. But, I learned the hard with with njoy that there is far more than just a good website.

Thanks in advance.

BTW a bad 4081 still beats a great Marlboro :D

Latakia

ECF Veteran
Verified Member
Jul 16, 2010
Maryland
Kind of new to vaping, they look like 100's...not shorts.

Thanks Lily. I'm kinda new to vaping myself. I was asking because I have 3 sizes of KR808D-1 batteries from V4L: XL- approx. 4" from tip to where the threads begin, Standard- approx. 3", and Short- approx. 2.5". The Smoke Tip site says their batteries are 2.5", but also 250mAh, which is nearly the charge time of the standard 3" KR808 batts. I would love to find a Shortie batt that lasted as long as the standard size.

Latakia

ECF Veteran
Verified Member
Jul 16, 2010
Maryland
Here is what SmokeTip had to say. I think I'm going to try a couple of their batteries soon. They're kind of pricey, but the lifetime warranty helps.

Customer Service, Aug 27 09:22 (EDT):
Our battery is different form others and is our own - Our specs are correct (250mAh).
Thanks!
"LATAKIA", Aug 26 23:42 (EDT):
If I read the battery specs. correctly your SmokeTip batteries are the same length as Vapor4Life "short" KR808D-1 batteries. However the specs state that yours are rated at 250mAh. V4L shorts are rated 180mAh. My question is: Are both of these SmokeTip battery specifications correct? Do you offer short batteries with a longer charge time?

Thank You!
Customer Service
SmokeTip.com

ChrisN8313

Aug 11, 2010
Coram, NY
Here is what SmokeTip had to say. I think I'm going to try a couple of their batteries soon. They're kind of pricey, but the lifetime warranty helps.

Although the pricing does look pretty expensive at first, I have to say it really is well worth it! I smoked about 2pks a day of analogs and cut down to about 4-5 a day (working my way to none) thanks to SmokeTip. I notice the battery life to out shine what they say on the site, lasting sometimes days before I think i need to recharge. All in all a great product!

Mr_Phil

ECF Veteran
Feb 8, 2010
Cool. I ordered the starter kit last night. Hopefully in a few days I can write a decent "first look" review. My issue with the RN4081 was that the atomisers were not consistant. I had one that lasted three months of daily use and another that died within days. Same with the batteries. Hopefully this will do the trick.

forthwith

ECF Veteran
May 4, 2010
Charlotte, NC
smoketip batteries are sweet. They don't have the easy draw of a v4l battery, nor are they as lightweight, and they have a funky plastic coating on the battery, but they have a LIFETIME guarantee! The smoketip carts are ok.. not great, but not bad either. The v4l carts tend to have a longer life for me, but ymmv. The smoketip carts are "hard cap" and don't refill all that great. Some soft tip cartomizers, like vapor4life carts, in the long run are a little bit more affordable.

juju8212

Aug 22, 2010
Michigan
I have been very happy with smoketip batteries. The carts are another story. I have had 4 that leaked out of the starter kit and the highest lvl of nic is 16mg, which I dont think is enough for me. However I contacted them and they immediatly sent me out a new 6 pack of carts (as in there was the im sorry heres what we will do email and 1 min later there was the shipping conf# email). I can't say enough about their customer service and the life time warrenty is what made me go with them.

I do want to try a manual battery (i think) from V4L and see what the difference is, but I plan on going with the XL for the longer charge time.

Mr_Phil

ECF Veteran
Feb 8, 2010
Just got mine in today. So this is very "first look".

Weight and feel are not much different than RN4081.
Lots easier to draw.
Medium Vapor
Batteries charged per instructions in kit. One battery made it most of the day. On the second one now. I deliberately waited for the battery to go into uberFlashingTip mode instead of switching when vapor fell off.
Not real fond of the flavors. As an amazing coincidence, my Tasty Vapor order came in today as well.

So far I am initially satisfied. I will put it through its paces more tomorrow. I'm a heavy vaper so I imagine that I will get to practice refilling cartos pretty quick.

Mr_Phil

ECF Veteran
Feb 8, 2010
Day two. The ST batteries seem to be holding up as well as any other battery. So far I don't see any difference. I do like the lifetime warranty. So far the CartO seems to be lasting most, not quite all, of the day. I'm a heavy vaper so i am not displeased.

going from dripping 5v RN4081 to bone stock KR808D-1 in no time flat.

Not bad. If this trend continues i see ST actually haveing earned a loyal customer.

Mr_Phil

ECF Veteran
Feb 8, 2010
It's been a bit over ten days.

I've had to refill cartos and it's working. I don't know where I will be buying new ones from either. But right now I am a lot happier. The batteries are not any better. Three quarters of a day is the average. But, since they have a lifetime warranty I am not overly uptight. A passthru is a definite must I think.

lilsheba

Aug 19, 2010
Portland OR
Ok I'm trying a sampler from ProVape.com for now...I have a list of websites from here thanks all :) For starters I'm trying their Red Bull, Rootbeer Float and Fruit Smoothie....heh can't wait :) And thanks to the person who posted that video on how to refill cartridges, I'm going to try that method.

Thanks all for the valuable info. I would have kept on vaping the way I am not but this info will definitely inject some more fun into it.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Users who are viewing this thread