Status
Not open for further replies.

Sun Vaporer

Moved On
ECF Veteran
Jan 2, 2009
Florida
Sun:

I understand, but no one will ever convince me that those FDA attorneys didn't know they were lying. And they will lie their asses off denying it too. It truly is sad that the American smoking public has been lied too all these years and now that we have found the 'Holy Grail' the lies continue. Sorry, I'm on my soap box again.

HK--Just take a good hard look at the FDA's Mission Statement and you will see how really absurd this all is. It is like someone found the cure for cancer and the FDA wants to "Shelf" it.

According to the FDA:

"The FDA's mission is to promote and protect the public health by helping safe and effective products reach the market in a timely way, and monitoring products for continued safety after they are in use. Our work is a blending of law and science aimed at protecting consumers."

It begs the question as to exactly what is going on here.

Sun

HKholer

Mar 18, 2010
Saint Louis, Mo
Sun:

This whole problem is so convoluted with egos, politics, money, and fear that it boggles the mind. Perfectly good Doctors won't stand up and be counted because they fear the repercussions. I have friends who say their doctors say privately, "keep it up" but publicly are hiding behind an invisible wall the FDA and others have erected.

If only a few politicians would come out publicly and tell the FDA to back off in a press conference, I believe it might slow the FDA down a little. There are a number of congressman who are using these things but won't stand up. They know they need to, but somewhere in the background one (or more) of their colleagues is knee deep in BP or BT and they know if they stand up, they won't get the votes to support their state in funding so they can't get re-elected so they just sit on their hands.

Argggghhhhhh... you caught me on a bad night... /rant off again!

Sun Vaporer

Moved On
ECF Veteran
Jan 2, 2009
Florida
Sun:

This whole problem is so convoluted with egos, politics, money, and fear that it boggles the mind. Perfectly good Doctors won't stand up and be counted because they fear the repercussions. I have friends who say their doctors say privately, "keep it up" but publicly are hiding behind an invisible wall the FDA and others have erected.

If only a few politicians would come out publicly and tell the FDA to back off in a press conference, I believe it might slow the FDA down a little. There are a number of congressman who are using these things but won't stand up. They know they need to, but somewhere in the background one (or more) of their colleagues is knee deep in BP or BT and they know if they stand up, they won't get the votes to support their state in funding so they can't get re-elected so they just sit on their hands.

Argggghhhhhh... you caught me on a bad night... /rant off again!

Hk--Well, when you look at it like you spell it out here, there really is not much going for us. Wheather it is BT. BP, the FDA, politicans hiding under rocks, Doctors running for cover, well need tax revenue in the mist of a huge recession-------------there simply is not much to hang our hat on. Your "rant" as you call it, does not fall on deaf ears.

Sun

Vaporer

Ultra Member
ECF Veteran
Jun 23, 2009
Away..
I think what bothers me is higher levels of constituients they considered "bad" are in already approved NRT's and they made a huge part of their case avoiding the truth.
Way to much deceptive wording was used and I feel BT(FDA) will win. PM is working on their "replacement". No ones mentioning that and why would PM waste the money if they knew the FDA was out for a ban?

I could have easily seen their side if they had enacted a random QC of incoming liquid.
Fail X times and your stuff is banned from import if you cant keep it clean.
The normal ingredients are already FDA approved.

The stink just grows..............

Our House

ECF Veteran
Apr 29, 2009
NJ, USA
I think what bothers me is higher levels of constituients they considered "bad" are in already approved NRT's and they made a huge part of their case avoiding the truth.
Yeah, totally forgot about that part.

The Nicotrol inhaler used as a "control" in the study had the same level of constituents that were used to chastise ecigs, yet the level contained in Nicotrol was conveniently left off of the results of the study!

Better yet, if you look at the level of these same constituents found when originally approving the Nicotrol device...well...they aren't there either, because IT WAS NEVER TESTED FOR THEM!!

Could the lies be ANY worse?

JerryRM

Resting In Peace
ECF Veteran
Nov 10, 2009
Rhode Island
HK--Just take a good hard look at the FDA's Mission Statement and you will see how really absurd this all is. It is like someone found the cure for cancer and the FDA wants to "Shelf" it.

Sun

I have heard rumors, that may have happened. It would appear that the FDA is above the law.

Sun Vaporer

Moved On
ECF Veteran
Jan 2, 2009
Florida
I have heard rumors, that may have happened. It would appear that the FDA is above the law.

Think about it Jerry--could the economy handle a "Cure" for cancer. What do you do with the 100's of thousands of jobs, the Doctors, the nurses, the hospitals, the medications, radiation machines, etc, etc, etc.--Billions of dollars.

I would hope that is not the case, but if they do find the cure, billions of dollars and thousands of jobs will go by the wayside. That is just the reality of it.

Sun

Sun Vaporer

Moved On
ECF Veteran
Jan 2, 2009
Florida
Why are so many (important) posts being deleted from this thread? Sun??

Our House --there are no important posts, or for that matter any on topic posts going by the wayside. There was a post editied to keep it in line with the rules. It should be cleared more often as time goes by so people can keep up with current events but I have not had the time other then keeping things on topic here.

Sun

Last edited:

Sun Vaporer

Moved On
ECF Veteran
Jan 2, 2009
Florida
If memory serves me correctly, TSNA's were higher in Nicotrol than the eliquid.

Vaporer-that is correct and no one whats to address why it is acceptable for Nicotrol and not the e-cig. Nicotrol is a failure on its face and does not work for the most part, but becasue it has the requisite FDA approval, it is good to go.

Sun

LoneRanger

ECF Veteran
Jul 18, 2009
Florida

News Station yesterday said cure found univ of miami research center now 2 year study on humans 7-10 years for market.

Sun Vaporer

Moved On
ECF Veteran
Jan 2, 2009
Florida

News Station yesterday said cure found univ of miami research center now 2 year study on humans 7-10 years for market.

Do you have a link Lone--would like to take a read?

Sun

Our House

ECF Veteran
Apr 29, 2009
NJ, USA
Our House --there are no important posts, or for that matter any on topic posts going by the wayside. There was a post editied to keep it in line with the rules.
So where did they all go? I know I saw several from Bill G and others replying to or quoting him.

It should be cleared more often as time goes by so people can keep up with current events but I have not had the time other then keeping things on topic here.
Not sure what this means. Are we censoring any positive aspects of this case because of some other case that may be in the works? Because that's not cool.

Last edited:

Sun Vaporer

Moved On
ECF Veteran
Jan 2, 2009
Florida
So where did they all go? I know I saw several from Bill G and others replying to or quoting him.

Not sure what this means. Are we censoring any positive aspects of this case because of some other case that may be in the works? Because that's not cool.

Our House, I wish there was that much drama to it, but it really was boring. A post in violation of the rules was edited and an inapproprate post made about the edit.

So there was no drama, censoring, or other fun stuff. Too bad as I wish there was some real hard core stuff here to have fun with.

When one of the Judges on the Appeals Court Panel posts how they are going to rule, we will be sure to put the blue lights on!!

Sun

Status
Not open for further replies.

Users who are viewing this thread