Smoktech Dual Coil Cartomizers

Status
Not open for further replies.

Blargh23

ECF Veteran
Verified Member
Apr 9, 2012
Arizona, US
That may be that particular carto or batch of itself though. SmokTech's QC has been pretty shoddy of late, and I currently have several packs of DCT cartos that are all over the place; some don't wick properly and burn, particularly at high voltage, some wick too well (not enough filler) and flood, some work fine but clog up after only a couple of days even using the same juice I got a week and a half out of previously ... it's just a mess. SMK really need to get back on the ball.

I had a bad (shorted) one in my first box - great start for a complete newbie :facepalm:. Luckily the battery I use is protected (it started blinking), but I'll be checking the ones I have left with a multimeter before use.

Mindfield

Vaping Master
ECF Veteran
Verified Member
Aug 28, 2010
Toronto, ON
I had a bad (shorted) one in my first box - great start for a complete newbie :facepalm:. Luckily the battery I use is protected (it started blinking), but I'll be checking the ones I have left with a multimeter before use.

I haven't had any like that yet fortunately -- that seems to be pretty rare still, even considering SMK's shoddy QC lately, but I hope it's not indicative of a further slip down the slide.

Stownz

Ultra Member
ECF Veteran
Verified Member
Dec 29, 2010
Guthrie, OK
I had a couple of Boges that lasted me at least 3 weeks! I didn't even have to clean them. I just kept them topped off. When I dissected them they were just a tiny bit burnt. I'm very impressed with Boges!

Stownz you have a LOT of mods! Do you use them all?

I like to try all the mods, give them a go for a few weeks or so. Try to keep an open mind, and maybe I'll be impressed one of these days. Provari is still my main mod, especially since the v2 upgrade. I keep a photo album going on photobucket more like a picture blog of my trek through all the vaping gadgets 8)

http://s1237.photobucket.com/albums/ff468/vaporgearhead/

passerbyeus

Ultra Member
ECF Veteran
Verified Member
Aug 13, 2009
Kentucky
This may be true I have noticed the draw is more airy but I have not got a bad taste at all, even though they seem to be more airy it may help with juices that clog easy, I cant comfirm that until my bounty comes in because it kills dc in days :vapor:

So I guess Smoktech changed their polyfill. That's probably why there is a chemical taste.

jjcordone

ECF Veteran
Verified Member
Mar 29, 2011
Rhode Island
Stowz: I took a shot and bought some of these after reading your review.
Thank you very much for the posting this! I thought they were just another gimmick cartomizer, but your review pushed me into trying them. Wow, I'm spoiled now and can't even look at my old favorites any more. These things are fantastic! I'm using them on my ego batteries with my favorite juice, BWB Backo. Thanks again!!!

Shilo

Vaping Master
ECF Veteran
Verified Member
Sep 27, 2011
Here & There
The CCV XL Smoktech 1.7 ohm cartos and the MadVapes Smoktech 1.7ohm cartos.
Yuck :facepalm:
I know a lot of people like those but I keep hearing about bad batches lately.

Yes I received a new batch and am not happy at all with the 1.7's or the Junior sized 1.7's and looks like I am not alone. They did something to the filling and it aint good.

http://www.e-cigarette-forum.com/forum/atomizer-cartomizer-tank-discussion/286900-bad-batch-smoktech-lr-1-7-ohm-xl-lr-1-7-ohm-going-around.html#post5881994

wyojoe

Ultra Member
ECF Veteran
Jan 8, 2011
Wyoming
I just threw the batch in boiling water for about 20 minutes and then put each one inside a turkey baster, put hot water in a mug, and flushed each one out a few times. It seemed to improve the cartos slightly.

I've heard that alcohol/Everclear works the best.
I have tried every chemical and ultrasonic, and in my opinion no amount of cleaning will make a carto like new again. It will just clean the filler material, but not the coil, and the coil is the most important to get clean. You must dry burn the coil to get it to perform like new, and you can't do that with any carto that has filler material in it or it will burn the filler material and the diaper that wraps around the coil. So when they no longer perform like they should I throw them away and fill a new one. With Cartos that have no filler material, you can dry burn the coil and make them like new again.

Stownz

Ultra Member
ECF Veteran
Verified Member
Dec 29, 2010
Guthrie, OK
Ok so with all the talk about the bad ones, can anyone say where they have bought good ones from? My last batch came from smokey vapor, great prices, free shipping over $10 everyday. The site is smokeyvapor.net

Where else u guys buying them?

Straight from China, over a year ago. 8)

myrc60

ECF Veteran
Apr 4, 2010
Greenville, SC, USA
I ordered 1 box of Smoktech 1.5 DCC from Hoosier late last year. Immediately tried 1 and was hooked. When that one burned I started another only to get the foul taste from it. Opened another the same day and the same foul taste. I've had 2 sitting in my stash for months, unwilling to waste juice on them. Today I decided to try another and it too has that same foul taste. It may take me months to try that last one. Smoktech ripped me off. Hoosier wouldn't do anything about it except to ask how I was filling them. Sorry, that isn't the problem so you have both lost a customer. I don't care how many satisfied customers you each may have...I lost money to your company's and will never put myself in that position knowingly again.

sandybeach

Ultra Member
ECF Veteran
Verified Member
Nov 8, 2011
Chicago
I ordered 1 box of Smoktech 1.5 DCC from Hoosier late last year. Immediately tried 1 and was hooked. When that one burned I started another only to get the foul taste from it. Opened another the same day and the same foul taste. I've had 2 sitting in my stash for months, unwilling to waste juice on them. Today I decided to try another and it too has that same foul taste. It may take me months to try that last one. Smoktech ripped me off. Hoosier wouldn't do anything about it except to ask how I was filling them. Sorry, that isn't the problem so you have both lost a customer. I don't care how many satisfied customers you each may have...I lost money to your company's and will never put myself in that position knowingly again.

I just bought a bunch of dual coil cartos from Hoosier. One box was marked dual coil, but it vaped like single coil. I asked Brent if he ever had that happen. He just said that there always seems to be inconsistencies with SmokTech cartos :(

I suppose that if I had asked him to replace them, he would have.

myrc60

ECF Veteran
Apr 4, 2010
Greenville, SC, USA
I just bought a bunch of dual coil cartos from Hoosier. One box was marked dual coil, but it vaped like single coil. I asked Brent if he ever had that happen. He just said that there always seems to be inconsistencies with SmokTech cartos :(

I suppose that if I had asked him to replace them, he would have.

I don't think so. If that was the case, he would have offered in his reply to you. In case he is watching this thread...if you stop ordering from SmokTech because of the inconsistencies your customers are reporting to you, eventually they will get the message when their sales suffer!

I've wasted about 60-80 drops of liquid in the one I opened today and still get the foul taste. I'm done with them!

Status
Not open for further replies.

Users who are viewing this thread