Status
Not open for further replies.

Siochanai

Verified Member
I'm currently in the process of selling off some other mods so I can pick up a Stainless and Brass to go with my Copper! I need the SMPL family trio!

A least you have yours Froth. Mine was suppose to be here saturday I am getting so ancey to vape off this damn thing. Was in Philly about 4 hrs away on friday and it is still not here... It better be here tomorrow or the USPS will be getting a very nasty phone call about loosing mail again....

Froth

Ultra Member
ECF Veteran
Verified Member
Mar 1, 2014
Chipotle.
A least you have yours Froth. Mine was suppose to be here saturday I am getting so ancey to vape off this damn thing. Was in Philly about 4 hrs away on friday and it is still not here... It better be here tomorrow or the USPS will be getting a very nasty phone call about loosing mail again....
I completely understand, while I was waiting for mine to arrive I was pacing back and forth in the living room proclaiming that the mail would be later today than any other day only because I wanted it so bad. The Wife was laughing at me until I pointed out that she does the same thing when she's waiting for stuff she wants!

Froth

Ultra Member
ECF Veteran
Verified Member
Mar 1, 2014
Chipotle.
Looks like I get to wait all over again, Just flipped a coin to decide between brass or stainless to go with my copper. Stainless is what the coin decided and I'm curious to see what the voltage drop is compared to the copper with the same atty/battery. I tend to stay away from stainless mods due to excess voltage drop but the design of the SMPL may give stainless a chance, I've been impressed by my stainless Surfrider so I have high hopes. If the stainless SMPL is good by me then the brass version will be soon to follow to complete the SMPL trifecta.

VapingTurtle

ECF Guru
ECF Veteran
Verified Member
Jun 26, 2011
The Reef just off the Florida coast
... I'm curious to see what the voltage drop is compared to the copper with the same atty/battery. ...

I'll take a guess and say that you'll see no difference. Sure, copper is more electrically conductive, but over the short distance and large volume of the tube there should be essentially no voltage loss. It's all about contact points, cleanliness, and most of all, battery design.

Froth

Ultra Member
ECF Veteran
Verified Member
Mar 1, 2014
Chipotle.
I'll take a guess and say that you'll see no difference. Sure, copper is more electrically conductive, but over the short distance and large volume of the tube there should be essentially no voltage loss. It's all about contact points, cleanliness, and most of all, battery design.
I really hope you're right, I've owned other SS mods that were kicked out by their copper counterparts, most notably my old Legit SS Panzer was outperformed by 0.40V by a copper Fasttech clone using the same battery/atty! Kept the copper clone and sold the original...

Either way you can bet on seeing voltage drop results from me with the copper vs stainless SMPL.

Heespharm

Ultra Member
ECF Veteran
Verified Member
Sep 7, 2014
Htown,tx
Has anyone switched to magnets in their switch?? I think someone said they used a Neme Magnet but I was not sure?

I've tried... There's just not enough room for a strong enough magnet... BUT I have done a silicon sleeve in place of the switch spring on one of mine... Works great!

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Froth

Ultra Member
ECF Veteran
Verified Member
Mar 1, 2014
Chipotle.
Has anyone switched to magnets in their switch?? I think someone said they used a Neme Magnet but I was not sure?
Nemesis magnets do not fit, due to the design of the switch there is not enough internal room for magnets in my opinion. I've not personally tried the silicone sleeve trick yet, the spring in my SMPL is still as good as day one and feels great.

Highwayman1224

Ultra Member
ECF Veteran
Verified Member
Apr 9, 2012
Goodyear, AZ
Got my brass smpl mod Friday & love it! Extremely tiny, shorter than my Reo Grand. Looks great with my tugboat & Ghostmodders brass drip tip.

Attachments

• 20141024_201601.jpg
    20141024_201601.jpg
    19.3 KB · Views: 100
  • 20141024_201650.jpg
    20141024_201650.jpg
    22.7 KB · Views: 89

Heespharm

Ultra Member
ECF Veteran
Verified Member
Sep 7, 2014
Htown,tx
You'd have to be super incompetent or deliberately trying to damage your mod to strip the 510 threads. Not meaning to sound like a jerk but seriously it is not going to happen unless you really try. I've got the copper and love it.

The threads on the 510 seem very sturdy to me, and have had 0 issues.

+1 very sturdy no problems at all

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Froth

Ultra Member
ECF Veteran
Verified Member
Mar 1, 2014
Chipotle.
Well, today was the moment of truth when I measured the voltage drop of the SS against the Copper. As should be the norm, the same battery and atomizer was used with each mod during each test. Battery is a VTC5 that has only been charged twice since new, atomizer is a Plumeveil V1.5 clone deck with triple twisted 26G at .15 ohms.

Copper SMPL
Standing battery voltage - 4.16v
Loaded mod voltage - 3.66v
Overall voltage drop - 0.50v @ .15 ohms

Stainless SMPL
Standing battery voltage - 4.14v
Loaded mod voltage - 3.60
Overall voltage drop - 0.54v @ .15 ohms

I'm happy with the results but I can't say I'm surprised, I used the SS and copper side by side for an entire day to gauge how well each one worked and they were almost identical. Even looking at the numbers the SS is only fractions lower even at supersubohm level resistances. Now that I've confirmed what I had hoped I went ahead and pulled the trigger on the brass SMPL as well. Can't wait for the Trio to be together in my hands! :D :D :D

mikefash

Sep 20, 2014
Los Angeles, CA
Okay after a few times adding to cart, I finally purchased it. Bought all three finish. I would say really good mod for everyday use. Button is a little stiff but good. I found that not all atty's fit on this device. Actually on the stainless steel, I had to force tighten some of the attys. 2 mm gap with normal screw down method. Kayfun's didn't fit all the way down.

Love this mod and take this to work without worrying dropping it. My go to setup is a stainless steel with Orchid RBA. Wow this thing is one of the best vapes. Dual coil hard hitting RDA without needing to drip. Small size of the 18650 tube make it so easy to carry. With this setup, its smaller than some RDAs with 18650 mods. Almost the same size Kayfun Nano on a Ihybrid 18500 setup. Nice!

15705478551_8edb7c4f73.jpg

15087434954_533680b6ff.jpg

15522549100_abd6086d97.jpg

Last edited:
Status
Not open for further replies.

Users who are viewing this thread