Smug ex-smokers

Status
Not open for further replies.

Worzel

ECF Veteran
Jan 3, 2013
Lakeland, Florida
They can say what they want! They don't KNOW me! They don't know I kicked some "habits" when I was 17 with no help from anyone, I got myself and my hubby off of hard drinking with no help from anyone but each other 5 years ago and still going strong! What is left for me, nicotine and caffeine? I vape nic off and on! When I have people telling me I have traded one bad habit for another, little do they know, I traded 4 bad habits for one that is nonexistent at the time of their remarks because I have zero nic juice in my tank! My hubby is an ex smoker. He ragged on me about smoking for quite some time. The only thing that irks him about my vaping is that I started that ON MY OWN without his prodding :p

Ken_A

Vaping Master
ECF Veteran
Verified Member
Jan 13, 2013
Florida
I tell people that I didn't want to stop, just replace tobacco. I liked the flavor (cannot stand it now) but did not like what the bad stuff was doing to me. What I do now (vape) contains 3 to 5 ingredients instead of thousands. and none of the possible ingredients in e-liquid have been shown to cause any health risks. Then I tell them that instead of paying $150/mo for Cigs, or my $75/mo for Pipe, I spend about $10/mo for Vaping. (I mostly DIY).

rmorrison1

Jan 2, 2013
Israel
I have to say, for the most part everybody has been very supportive of me, friends and family. I occasionally get a sly comment from people, like "Don't you know those things are more cancerous than cigarettes" or "Those things will give you ______ (insert blank). In these cases I ask the person where they heard that and the normal answer is through hearsay. I then tell them to go research their claim and get back to me with an answer. I believe in live and let live!

Faylool

Ultra Member
ECF Veteran
Verified Member
Sep 7, 2012
Sweet Home, Oregon USA
I'm saying good for you! It's nice not having a crutch. Me, I like my crutch. If it turns out bad for me like cigarettes I might have to quit it too but so far so good. I love it in fact. And if someone offered me a smoke I really don't want one. It's what didn't like about the damn things in the first place. I just liked the ingredients in me until I learned a lot more about a lot of those things too.

Worzel

ECF Veteran
Jan 3, 2013
Lakeland, Florida
I can have my cake and eat it too! I was talking to my Dad yesterday, and he is absolutely intrigued by e cigs! He was asking me all kinds of questions! He wants my Mom to switch sooooooo bad! Too bad I cannot do it 1500 miles away! I told my Dad "if she saw it, she would get it" I told him how I can sit at the dinner table, vape away, I can sit on the bed, vape away, I could sit in a closet, vape away, nobody would even know!

lexpres61

Jan 7, 2013
Lexington USA
This has only happened a couple of times so far, but "why don't you just quit cold turkey like I did" has been asked. As if that makes them a better person. The first time, I didn't have a good answer, but I realized I LOVE SMOKING!!!!!! I always have, and I don't want to give it up. The smoke is gone, the nicotine will go down, and my life is good! God bless e-cigs.......

Clyde

I get what you're saying but I'm experiencing smug current smokers negative responses. People that are still smoking analogs! Two of which are my daughter and her boyfriend. I decided that I'm just going to try and be an example by continueing my vaping. My son gets it. My daughter on the other hand will have to be left alone to make her own decision without my influence or nagging..lol.

starr1349

ECF Veteran
Verified Member
Sep 18, 2012
Alaska
I haven't encountered any smug ex smokers. I do have a lot of smoker friends who are very very skeptical of vaping. I'm the first vapor any of us have seen, lol. The first month or 2 I vaped exclusively. I had people asking me how many cigarettes I had smoked , and they were pretty shocked when I said none. They think it's pretty cool. I don't know what I will do when I come across a smug person, but I have lots of ideas after reading this thread:)

ElectraClyde

ECF Veteran
Verified Member
Jan 18, 2013
Chicagoland
Well, it happened again tonight. My brother's father in law asked several times why I don't just quit. Said that's what he did 20 years ago. He almost seemed mad that I was vaping. So I told him him I don't want to quit smoking, just quit the smoke. Said something about that being the stupidest thing he's ever heard. So I asked him about the non-alcohol O'doul's beer he was drinking. He failed to make the connection!

Clyde

DC2

Tootie Puffer
ECF Veteran
Verified Member
Jun 21, 2009
San Diego
So I asked him about the non-alcohol O'doul's beer he was drinking. He failed to make the connection!
I think that would be a more appropriate analogy if you were vaping zero nicotine.
But if anyone says anything to me about my nicotine use, they better never let me see them drinking coffee!
;)

Northmankato

Jan 31, 2013
Mn usa
Well, it happened again tonight. My brother's father in law asked several times why I don't just quit. Said that's what he did 20 years ago. He almost seemed mad that I was vaping. So I told him him I don't want to quit smoking, just quit the smoke. Said something about that being the stupidest thing he's ever heard. So I asked him about the non-alcohol O'doul's beer he was drinking. He failed to make the connection!

Clyde

Omg that is funny, fake beer is fine but vaping is not lmao, kinda like giving up coffee for red bull or 5 hr energy. In the mean time you can sneak a vape almost anywhere, lets see them try that with a cig or fake beer... Just smile Cldye and do what you.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Users who are viewing this thread