Not open for further replies.

olderthandirt

Vaping Master
ECF Veteran
Verified Member
Mar 28, 2009
Willamette Valley, PNW
And the journey continues.

Thanks to Kitabz and Stubby I'm reasonably well grounded now on snus lingo, portion, strong, white etc; now for the real deal, flavor and nic content.

Haven't found a shop here in town that carries anything other than Camel Snus, not too surprising from what I've been reading. I did go ahead and pick up a can of the Mellow just so I'd have an initial baseline to use for this info request.

Is there any nic in these? Got taste but no "tingle"?
Portion appears to be what would be considered Large / White. Size is fine for me. White preparation, OK.
Taste, hmmm. Like sucking on citrus candy. It's OK but it's really too sweet. Lemon/orange perhaps with the faintest hint of pepper. Same flavor w/o the sweet wouldn't be bad.

I currently have the following in a cart at getsnus.com:
1 can General Mini White 4mg/portion
1 can General Sterk 11mg/portion
1 can each Discreet Peach and Strawberry, 7.4mg/portion

Using my initial reaction to the Camel snus as a baseline, Would anyone care to forecast what my reaction to the above order might be?

Last edited:
Yep from what I hear camel is poop in a pouch compaired to the good stuff.

To me the mellow tastes like I am sucking on a camel cig. Helped that I had free mellow in my face while I was vaping non flavored.
The frost is sugary mint and not really my cup of tea, to candy tasting. But it does help easy the nic jones away.
STAY far from spice that stuff is like sticking a can of pumpkin goo and spice in your lip.

I am looking forward to the discreet and the higher fueled flavors.

olderthandirt

Vaping Master
ECF Veteran
Verified Member
Mar 28, 2009
Willamette Valley, PNW
Yep from what I hear camel is poop in a pouch compaired to the good stuff.
.....STAY far from spice that stuff is like sticking a can of pumpkin goo and spice in your lip.

Hey Dred

I got some input from a snus forum and I'm going with the original order I had in mind with one change. Losing the General Mini and going with a can of Ekstra Sterk instead. So I'll have portions with 7.4mg, 11mg and 15mg.

Until then I 'spose I'll just put some more camel poop under the lip :evil:

RenaissancePuffer

Unregistered Supplier
ECF Veteran
Discreet Peach and Strawberry are both quite tasty. At 7.4mg, I find they do a decent job at holding any nic cravings at bay, but I still vape a little bit when using those Snus. I normally vape 12mg liquid, but use some ~18mg liquid on occassion, so that may explain the need for more nic than those 7.4mg Snus can provide.

Last week I ordered some more of those Discreet Snus packs, so they are satisfying enough for me.

olderthandirt

Vaping Master
ECF Veteran
Verified Member
Mar 28, 2009
Willamette Valley, PNW
Discreet Peach and Strawberry are both quite tasty. At 7.4mg, I find they do a decent job at holding any nic cravings at bay, but I still vape a little bit when using those Snus. I normally vape 12mg liquid, but use some ~18mg liquid on occassion, so that may explain the need for more nic than those 7.4mg Snus can provide.

Last week I ordered some more of those Discreet Snus packs, so they are satisfying enough for me.

Hey RP
Vaping 36mg and occasionally 48mg is what keeps me sane. Will certainly prove interesting if the snus I've decided on can hold a candle to what I've been vaping.

olderthandirt

Vaping Master
ECF Veteran
Verified Member
Mar 28, 2009
Willamette Valley, PNW
Will be interesting to see what nic Snus will do it for you, please let us know. I haven't tried vaping just flavored 0-nic PG/VG yet while using Snus, to see if part of my craving was just the hand-to-mouth+inhale/exhale addiction.

For me the hand to gob action is the one that trips me up.

the snus is fine at work when my hands are busy, but idle hands thing is aggro inducing.

I'm convinced that the hand-to-mouth ritual along with the visual of the vapor is most assuredly a component of the addiction. Well I just sent off my order to getsnus, time will tell.

isande

ECF Veteran
Aug 14, 2009
I was a chain-smoker and then chain-vaper of 36 and 48mg. Switched almost entirely to snus but I vape a little here and there.

I found that both Camel and Discreet do not seem to deliver nearly as much nicotine as you might expect, considering how much they contain. This is likely a pH issue.. if they have a low pH (compared to the 8.5 pH of most Swedish products), less of that nicotine is going to be absorbed. TBH, I feel I get more nic from a Swedish mini than from Camel or Discreet.

I also found that Camel mellow was much too sweet. It was like having a mouthful of pancake syrup to me. Discreet tastes pretty good, but again, sweeter than I would prefer (not nearly as bad as Camel though).

Anyway, I get the impression our vaping habits were similar, so...

I use an ES (extra sterk) first thing in the morning and another one late at night when I would normally be powervaping 48mg for hours on end.

A few times a day, when I feel my nic level is starting to go down, I use a sterk (I like Claq Qui) to "boost it back up".

The rest of the time I use regular 8mg portions.

I will say that I find snus infinitely more satisfying than even powervaping 48mg liquid, but I have never experienced anything that made me feel like I'd had too much nic.

Good luck. And order some Claq Qui next time :D (It's great, with a rich tobacco/dried fruit flavor, slightly sweet, and plenty of nicotine with a smooth delivery).

--K

olderthandirt

Vaping Master
ECF Veteran
Verified Member
Mar 28, 2009
Willamette Valley, PNW
I was a chain-smoker and then chain-vaper of 36 and 48mg. Switched almost entirely to snus but I vape a little here and there.
Anyway, I get the impression our vaping habits were similar, so...

I use an ES (extra sterk) first thing in the morning and another one late at night when I would normally be powervaping 48mg for hours on end.

A few times a day, when I feel my nic level is starting to go down, I use a sterk (I like Claq Qui) to "boost it back up".

The rest of the time I use regular 8mg portions.

I will say that I find snus infinitely more satisfying than even powervaping 48mg liquid, but I have never experienced anything that made me feel like I'd had too much nic.

Good luck. And order some Claq Qui next time :D (It's great, with a rich tobacco/dried fruit flavor, slightly sweet, and plenty of nicotine with a smooth delivery).

--K
Hey isande
At the last minute before I ordered I got rid of the Discreet from fears it would be too sweet and just went with General across the board. Ekstra Sterk, Sterk White and Original.

Your response re-affirms the choices I made and I thank you. :)

I've come across a couple mentions of the Claq Qui. Is that the specific brand as in Roda Lacket Claq Qui, or is it a type/style?

This is like when I started vaping. All new, so much to learn and I'm so .... I gotta know it all! :D

TropicalBob

Vaping Master
ECF Veteran
Jan 13, 2008
Port Charlotte, FL USA
I would suggest that you include at least some "dessert" snus in your mix. Right now, I'm relying on Claq Qui, Tabaco, Thunder Frosted and Ettan for my mainstays, but I also use General Mini Mint and Discreet Peach and Strawberry. There are times during the day when I want sweet and times when I want nicotine.

Hey, I like Camel. It's just too expensive for what you get.

olderthandirt

Vaping Master
ECF Veteran
Verified Member
Mar 28, 2009
Willamette Valley, PNW
I would suggest that you include at least some "dessert" snus in your mix. Right now, I'm relying on Claq Qui, Tabaco, Thunder Frosted and Ettan for my mainstays, but I also use General Mini Mint and Discreet Peach and Strawberry. There are times during the day when I want sweet and times when I want nicotine.

Hey, I like Camel. It's just too expensive for what you get.

Right you are TB.....I like the Camel also...but I can get 25 extra portions of Discreet for around the same price as one tin of Camel! The Discreet is also less sweet which is a plus!:)The Wiz!
Afternoon gentleman,

The Claq Qui comes up often, will certainly try it out next order. Pulled the Discreet from my order at the last minute cuz I feared it would be too sweet, like the Camel Mellow is. As inexpensive as the Discreet is I'll probably try it after all.

What fun, new worlds to explore!

olderthandirt

Vaping Master
ECF Veteran
Verified Member
Mar 28, 2009
Willamette Valley, PNW
Definitely let me know what your take is on the Claq Qui dredbull. It gets huge mention on the snus forums I've been looking through, as well from TB.

The los is all yours Giant. If I ever get any for free I'll play with it but I agree with T Bob on this one. Years back I tried chew, horrible stuff! But the peices wandering around loose in my mouth were such a PITA. Be worse now I expect, ya know, old guy, false teeth, little bits of wet brown stuff, what a sight :shock:

The Goethesberg Rape, in portions mind, is another one on the next order for sure.

Last edited:
Status
Not open for further replies.

Users who are viewing this thread