Snus storage? Does the kick deteriorate?

Status
Not open for further replies.

four2109

Ultra Member
ECF Veteran
Verified Member
May 9, 2009
S. Indiana
I had some mini's in the fridge that I had taken out of the freezer. I don't remember how long ago. I'm trying to get back off of analogs and ecigs don't do it for me. The mini's don't seem to do it. If I do a full portion it's close but I couldn't stand those before. I still have some mini's in the freezer.
Anyone have info on the shelf life? Do they just lose their strength?

rothenbj

Vaping Master
Supporting Member
ECF Veteran
Verified Member
Jul 23, 2009
Green Lane, Pa
From my experience having some stock that is over two years old, I can say conclusively, it depends. Some of the tobacco flavors don't handle age well, but not all of them. I think the white portions age best. My technique is to keep them in the freezer until I plan on using them within the next 3 or 4 days. I normally have 5 or 6 cans opened at any one time, pull 3 or 4 portions from 3 or 4 of those cans and carry the 12 or so portions with me each day. Works for me.

SimplySnus

ECF Veteran
Verified Member
Dec 1, 2011
Upstate New York
www.SnusForum.net
I do the same thing as Roth, I have my main supply in vacuum sealed zip lock bags, within the freezers. Then I have my open cans (6-12) in the fridge. I take some portions out of the can in the fridge and toss em in a montecristo tin to take with me.

I also agree, that white (black) portion snus ages better than most.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Users who are viewing this thread