So called "vaporizer" i found...

Status
Not open for further replies.

dattmavis19

ECF Veteran
Apr 28, 2011
Clemson, SC
www.facebook.com
When typing an address in for a local PV supplier incorrectly, i stumbled across this: Portable Tobacco Vaporizer The Cloud9 Portable Vaporizer

It claims to be healthy just like the PVs we all use, but i'm rather skeptical of this. Quote, "all the volatile compounds in your tobacco are vaporized into a gas, and then condense into a mist" sounds like all the bad stuff is still there.

"
you and your lungs will feel like you are on cloud nine when you experience tasty vapor rather than harsh smoke" I somehow doubt this...

Idk, i just think this is a step in the wrong direction when it comes to PVs. I dont think it would be much, if any, better than smoking the cig regularly. I can think of another plant it might lead to healthier consumption of, but thats not a discussion for here:p

What do ya'll think?

Krikket

Apr 10, 2011
Villa Park, IL
When typing an address in for a local PV supplier incorrectly, i stumbled across this: Portable Tobacco Vaporizer The Cloud9 Portable Vaporizer

What do ya'll think?
[/SIZE]

$349 for a PV that takes 10 seconds to warm up? Using tobacco, not e-fluid?

You're burning plant material. It's not a PV/e-cig. Avoid avoid avoid.

dattmavis19

ECF Veteran
Apr 28, 2011
Clemson, SC
www.facebook.com
$349 for a PV that takes 10 seconds to warm up?

Thats another thing that i though was rediculous, $349 for a vape that is very similar in construction to a $40 box mod, yet much, much crappier operation. Tho i saw a website earlier selling some 401 type starter kits for $200 also, guess some people are just willing to throw away money.

If I had $350, theryd be a ProVari, one of those nice aluminum juice feeders, and a good many bottles of juice otw to my doorstep:laugh:, not something i could build myself for $20

dattmavis19

ECF Veteran
Apr 28, 2011
Clemson, SC
www.facebook.com
This is for tobacco the same as a Water .... is sold for "tobacco" in head shops if you ask me ;)

Idk, could be, for $349 it'd have to work awfully well though. Volcanos go for about $150 and are supposed to be the best. Box vape can be picked up most places for $50 and IMO probably vape better due to the variable temp option, not that ive tried the cloud9 thing, but the boxes are pretty decent...

I really think its for the purpose they state, the carts for it do look like they'd effectively empty out an analog. Idk tho, if it had a (much) lower price tag i might be tempted to buy one and experiment:vapor:

dattmavis19

ECF Veteran
Apr 28, 2011
Clemson, SC
www.facebook.com
I would think that Like a vaporizer for the OTHER stuff IF you used tobacco in it it would have much less tar in the smoke like it does for the OTHER stuff ???? after all they are NOT BURNING the leaf they are just heating it up so there is no leaf combustion.

With natural tobacco, maybe, but with cig tobacco I doubt it. Cig tobacco contains alot of chems and volitale substances that natural unprocessed tobacco leaf does not

Bagazo

ECF Veteran
Feb 19, 2009
With natural tobacco, maybe, but with cig tobacco I doubt it. Cig tobacco contains alot of chems and volitale substances that natural unprocessed tobacco leaf does not

Actually smoke from natural tobacco is more harmful than vapor from processed tobacco. It's the burning that makes it bad. It would be better still if you vaped natural tobacco.

It's not as clean as e-liquid but it is a better alternative to smoking and for those who are not happy with their e-cig (feel something is missing) the vaporized tobacco will give them the other alkaloids that e-liquid is lacking.

Last edited:

permafrying

Ultra Member
ECF Veteran
Verified Member
Apr 1, 2011
montrose co
deffinetaly not intended for tobacco. and still a rip off you can buy hand held vaporizers from a head shop for allot less then that that probably work better and you can set the temp yourself... if you used tobacco and got the temp right you could lose some of the chemicals but would still burn allot of them probably. a vaporizer is intentended to heat up to a point where it burns certain desirable eliments and not others, the problem with tobacco and its thousands of chemicals is allot of them probably burn lower then nicotine so you get thoughs to. its still better then smoking a cigarette though i guess if you wanted to sacrafice throat hit and smoke...

Status
Not open for further replies.

Users who are viewing this thread