Status
Not open for further replies.

muzichead

Resident Knucklehead
ECF Veteran
Verified Member
Feb 7, 2011
Illinois
I don't think there would be a difference but would like to hear others opinion on a REO with silver positive contact or even a thick copper one?

edit to add; or a silver spring, I think may help?

According to muzichead the difference with the silver contacts is HUGE! Meaning 0 voltage drop. So you would not need to run super sub ohms to get the same vape.

Don't think there would be any safety fuse like the spring we have now.. so it would prob need to be an option most likely.. something one would buy from reosmods and do themselves or Eric would install... guessing.

I tried a thick copper positive contact last night , it didn't have enough flex on one, and on another it didn't have enough spring-back, just messing around:vapor: going to look about for some silver I guess, hope someone finds it first so I can copy them
To touch on the silver contact topic once again, I changed both of my grands over to both + & - solid silver contacts and the results were huge to say the least... Just going with the + contact only took the voltage drop from .4v down to about .26-.3v but where the huge difference came in was when I removed the spring and added the - solid silver screw. The voltage drop fell to .18v from what I recall. Mind you I had primitive tools to actually check the drop so it could've been more actually.

For those that don't follow with the voltage drop scenario, let me put it in this perspective, I went from vaping a single coil set-up 2 .2-.25Ω to .5-.6Ω instantly. That is what voltage drop does for you... I remember vaguely vaping a .25Ω setup after installing the silver contacts and thought that was to be the last day I would ever vape!! Long story short, it wasn't, but it was the last day I vaped any juice with nic in it. I went straight to a .5Ω setup and 0% nic at that moment. Here we are almost 1.5 yrs later and now I'm vape free for just over 9 months now!!

As to the safety factor, I was always a very safe vaper and always checked my setups thoroughly prior to putting an atty on any device so I was never worried about that at all. Besides, look at the plethora of devices being sold today without hot springs in them!! There are too many to even think of trying to list or count...

Happy vaping all...:)

Vapefiend

Ultra Member
ECF Veteran
Verified Member
Dec 24, 2015
Connecticut
To touch on the silver contact topic once again, I changed both of my grands over to both + & - solid silver contacts and the results were huge to say the least... Just going with the + contact only took the voltage drop from .4v down to about .26-.3v but where the huge difference came in was when I removed the spring and added the - solid silver screw. The voltage drop fell to .18v from what I recall. Mind you I had primitive tools to actually check the drop so it could've been more actually.

For those that don't follow with the voltage drop scenario, let me put it in this perspective, I went from vaping a single coil set-up 2 .2-.25Ω to .5-.6Ω instantly. That is what voltage drop does for you... I remember vaguely vaping a .25Ω setup after installing the silver contacts and thought that was to be the last day I would ever vape!! Long story short, it wasn't, but it was the last day I vaped any juice with nic in it. I went straight to a .5Ω setup and 0% nic at that moment. Here we are almost 1.5 yrs later and now I'm vape free for just over 9 months now!!

As to the safety factor, I was always a very safe vaper and always checked my setups thoroughly prior to putting an atty on any device so I was never worried about that at all. Besides, look at the plethora of devices being sold today without hot springs in them!! There are too many to even think of trying to list or count...

Happy vaping all...:)
Where did you get these silver contacts?

russbastrd

Nov 12, 2017
This is also what a black ano Grand LP/SL, black ano P67, and black ano Grand may look like.
View attachment 694561
Bodies are a little dusty from some construction work in the warehouse. More details to be coming shortly. . .
Looks great Eric! Glad you brought back the black anno! May have to grab a p67!

Reactions: CMD-Ky

CMD-Ky

Highly Esteemed Member
ECF Veteran
Verified Member
Sep 15, 2013
KY
I replaced the contacts on my Grand with silver. I am pleased with the results. I've no scientific measurements but I am glad that I did. It was rather easy to do and @muzichead was very helpful.
There is no "cushion" of the collapsing spring but I have became a very careful builder after a dropped spring with a Chalice III (no longer in use). I check for a short taking the cap off and putting it back on in different positions several times.

muzichead

Resident Knucklehead
ECF Veteran
Verified Member
Feb 7, 2011
Illinois
I replaced the contacts on my Grand with silver. I am pleased with the results. I've no scientific measurements but I am glad that I did. It was rather easy to do and @muzichead was very helpful.
There is no "cushion" of the collapsing spring but I have became a very careful builder after a dropped spring with a Chalice III (no longer in use). I check for a short taking the cap off and putting it back on in different positions several times.
Glad to hear the changeover went without a hitch. As far as a "cushion" of safety on devices anymore, there are very few out there that have any at all and in most cases it would seem its not been needed as I think the education level of vapers old and new and the product thats being used has elevated to a new level.

I would think, (going from memory here as I don't have my devices anymore), one could fit one of the new 20700 / 21700 batteries into the grand with the negative silver contact from Corey. That would expand the vape time by quite a bit over the 18650 batteries....

RSZ1

ECF Veteran
Verified Member
May 13, 2014
Canada
Glad to hear the changeover went without a hitch. As far as a "cushion" of safety on devices anymore, there are very few out there that have any at all and in most cases it would seem its not been needed as I think the education level of vapers old and new and the product thats being used has elevated to a new level.

I would think, (going from memory here as I don't have my devices anymore), one could fit one of the new 20700 / 21700 batteries into the grand with the negative silver contact from Corey. That would expand the vape time by quite a bit over the 18650 batteries....

A Sanyo 20700B won't fit in a Grand. The little metal divider is in the way, height wise the Grand is a hair too short, and I don't think you could get the door back on.

muzichead

Resident Knucklehead
ECF Veteran
Verified Member
Feb 7, 2011
Illinois
A Sanyo 20700B won't fit in a Grand. The little metal divider is in the way, height wise the Grand is a hair too short, and I don't think you could get the door back on.
Never thought about that but both the devices I had prior to quitting had the divider ground down at one point so that is probably why the thought never crossed my mind!! I don't have these anymore so I'm not able to check them so you may well be right. I can't remember what the inside dimensions are anymore, but thanks again.

Reactions: JC Okie

SteamStack

Ultra Member
ECF Veteran
Verified Member
Aug 7, 2014
Macomb, MI, USA
Never thought about that but both the devices I had prior to quitting had the divider ground down at one point so that is probably why the thought never crossed my mind!! I don't have these anymore so I'm not able to check them so you may well be right. I can't remember what the inside dimensions are anymore, but thanks again.

Pics.. ya gota have a pic of it!

Sloth Tonight

CF Moderator
ECF Veteran
Verified Member
Jun 25, 2014
NY
You may already know this, but worth mentioning. On the extreme off-chance you ever have a short, unscrew the atty. Just a tiny bit will break contact and you're good to go :thumb:

CMD-Ky

Highly Esteemed Member
ECF Veteran
Verified Member
Sep 15, 2013
KY
You may already know this, but worth mentioning. On the extreme off-chance you ever have a short, unscrew the atty. Just a tiny bit will break contact and you're good to go :thumb:

I did not know this and would not have thought of it on my own but it certainly makes sense.
Thank you

Vapefiend

Ultra Member
ECF Veteran
Verified Member
Dec 24, 2015
Connecticut
What if there were Reo drip tips in your favorite Reo colors to be matchy matchy. I know a Supervein drip tip would look awesome on this o16. I think this could be a possibility in the future. What do you guys think?

Attachments

• image.jpg
    image.jpg
    1.5 MB · Views: 40
Reactions: muzichead

Eric Parlin

Unregistered Supplier
ECF Veteran
A couple of quick updates on colors, etc.
  1. Black Anodized is still in R&D. We've done two runs now, with less than optimal results. We are working closely with a few experts to see what we can do to make a Reo-worthy finish. I'll keep folks on here up to date as we progress.
  2. Goldvein as a limited edition is going well. We still have a few left of each style, but numbers are dwindling daily.
  3. Other colors. We are toying with a tan/light brown color to add as a permanent color. Also, we are working on getting a few other finish styles available - iridescent and/or patterns in the finish. See below for the pictures of a camouflage pattern and the tan color. The iridescent video needs to get loaded onto our YouTube channel and then I'll update everyone with a link. (I'm not tech-savvy enough to load the video - I'll need help from our resident expert.)
  1. 20171229_155557[1].jpg
    20171229_155608[1].jpg

Status
Not open for further replies.

Users who are viewing this thread