Something I Have Never Done Before

Status
Not open for further replies.

Jfaria1891

ECF Veteran
Verified Member
Dec 28, 2012
The Huge State Of Rhode Island
Just ordered my grandmother a few egos and evods from fasttech she has no idea. i figure if her grandson gifts them to her she will feel guilty about not using them and will end up liking them haha an evil way to save a life.

anyway she smokes pretty much anything menthol she can get her hands on, Kools, Newports, Cheyennes.

so im thinking any generic menthol tobacco will do. i have never dabbled with tobaccos as i don't like them so the simpler the better. :D

and id like to order a very small bottle of flavoring to see if she likes it or even uses the damn thing first before being left with 4oz of nasty menthol tobacco flavoring haha

thank you for your suggestions :D

Jfaria1891

ECF Veteran
Verified Member
Dec 28, 2012
Try one of the Hangsen menthol tobaccos
it takes the mixing out of it

holy crap $ im going to be supporting this habit XD i dont even spend that much on my own flavorings :D anything on the cheaper end? dont need the holy grail of tobaccos she smokes whatevers the cheapest at the store she aint picky =P

SouthernBliss

ECF Veteran
Apr 19, 2013
Athens, Ga, USA
Something to keep in mind is that she may not fancy the tobacco flavor nearly as much as the menthol sensation. Especially if she has no attachment to any particular brand/flavor. I was the same way and I smoked menthol 30 years. I'd suggest that you get the menthol separate and do one mix that is just menthol with no tobacco.

Jfaria1891

ECF Veteran
Verified Member
Dec 28, 2012
Perfumers Apprentice menthol is very strong. If Wizard Labs has it in stock, it'll be more than enough. Direct from Perfumers apprentice, you can get the 4ML for under $2

is that tobacco menthol or is it just menthol? like does it taste like tobacco and mint or just mint haha XD such a noob to tobacco flavorings

Jfaria1891

ECF Veteran
Verified Member
Dec 28, 2012
Something to keep in mind is that she may not fancy the tobacco flavor nearly as much as the menthol sensation. Especially if she has no attachment to any particular brand/flavor. I was the same way and I smoked menthol 30 years. I'd suggest that you get the menthol separate and do one mix that is just menthol with no tobacco.

that could work so is the tfa menthol just menthol, .. so your saying just make a mix menthol and nothing else? like smoking a mint leaf? haha

patkin

Vaping Master
ECF Veteran
Nov 6, 2012
Arizona USA
You have to be really careful with menthol. Menthol is not mint. I smoked and vape menthol and do not like any mints at all except chocolate covered mint patties you eat. I understand she's not fussy but even with vendors who get it right there are big differenes... some do put a dab of mint in their menthols and I consider them just awful. Mr E Liquids sells the best menthol I've tried so far. The best thing to do is read the reviews on the site.. someone should say if it has mint in it. And if you're using flavoring to add menthol to other juice start out very, very, low... like one drop in 5mls... because the flavoring is really strong. I don't think anyone likes vaping Vicks.

SouthernBliss

ECF Veteran
Apr 19, 2013
Athens, Ga, USA
Menthol is more the feeling of mint without really tasting of mint. And "just menthol" is actually one of the most popular e-liquid flavors if you look around some. And as Rin pointed out it is very affordable. You could also try TFA RY4 double (which I quite like as tobacco goes) and let her add the menthol "to taste".

Jfaria1891

ECF Veteran
Verified Member
Dec 28, 2012
Menthol is more the feeling of mint without really tasting of mint. And "just menthol" is actually one of the most popular e-liquid flavors if you look around some. And as Rin pointed out it is very affordable. You could also try TFA RY4 double (which I quite like as tobacco goes) and let her add the menthol "to taste".

ry4 double with some menthol. that might be worth a try, iv been kinda wanting to try this ry4 everyone talkes about so much haha.

dannyv45

ECF DIY E-Liquid Guru
ECF Veteran
Verified Member
Apr 12, 2013
New Jersey
www.e-cigarette-forum.com
I would go with the Hangsen you mix at one drop per ml. If she is a menthol smoker your going to want to add a little Koolada to the Menthol. I'm having to mix for a Menthol Smoker.

I absolutly agree. If shes going to try something new you don't immidiatly want to turn her off by starting with something cheap or unproven.

Jfaria1891

ECF Veteran
Verified Member
Dec 28, 2012
I absolutly agree. If shes going to try something new you don't immidiatly want to turn her off by starting with something cheap or unproven.

i totally understand where your coming from and you too michaelsil1 and i respect your opinions but i dont even spend that mych on myself haha. .... i wonder how hard it would be to convert her to a fruit flavor ...

Jfaria1891

ECF Veteran
Verified Member
Dec 28, 2012
Mint is mint and menthol is menthol. A vicks menthol cough drop doesn't taste like a candy cane. I agree that she would like Koolada which has no flavor. Most menthol smokers like the coolness and TH that menthol gives.

so your saying tobacco and koolada?

patkin

Vaping Master
ECF Veteran
Nov 6, 2012
Arizona USA
Yes, I like it and even add a drop to my DIY menthol vapes to add coolness and TH because I don't like a "knock your socks off" menthol taste. I don't know what supplies you have but I use both Real Cig or Mild Seven super concentrated flavor for tobacco and add menthol/koolada to taste. For a quicker fix, I use Dekang Red USA blend and add a little menthol/koolada. You have to be really careful, as I think I said, with Koolada... its got a very strong TH.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Users who are viewing this thread