Not open for further replies.

smokindeuce

Unregistered Supplier
ECF Veteran
Sep 22, 2008
UK
www.smokejuice.co.uk
Hi guys, :)

Well the parts came in last week but there were some issues with 3 of the parts so they have had to go back to be remanufactured.... a real PIA as it was a .... up at their end! :(

Oh well so the good news is we have the buk of the parts in and the Don is looking very nice and we are just testing all of the threads at the moment to ensure that they are nice 'n smooth.

If you guys like I'll try and get some pics up later of the finished Don bodies? :)

smokindeuce

Unregistered Supplier
ECF Veteran
Sep 22, 2008
UK
www.smokejuice.co.uk
Almost forgot but I need to also do a video of the new V2 switch which is also pretty sweet.... it has an internal extendable section (telescopic) which can take out any small differences in battery lengths while externally the aesthetics of the device will not be altered.

So for example rather than using O-rings to switch between the 14500 and 2 x CR2's, the switch does it all for you. This has also mean't that we've been able to move away from a floating system for the atomiser end so the atomiser adapter is thus sealed better.

The beauty of this switch system also means that the switch throw will be fully adjustable. ;-)

For V1 Mako users, the switch/adapter system will still be compatible with the Don body but I do need to run tests on that to see if you would need spacers using the old system because the internal lengths have changed slightly.

BradSmith

Unregistered Supplier
ECF Veteran
Jan 8, 2010
Northern Michigan USA
Hi guys, :)

Well the parts came in last week but there were some issues with 3 of the parts so they have had to go back to be remanufactured.... a real PIA as it was a .... up at their end! :(

Oh well so the good news is we have the buk of the parts in and the Don is looking very nice and we are just testing all of the threads at the moment to ensure that they are nice 'n smooth.

If you guys like I'll try and get some pics up later of the finished Don bodies? :)

HI, I'd love to see some pics. I can't wait to get mine, that I won a while back. bummer for you guys that it's taking so long. I'm sure it's pretty frustrating. The other poster said it can't compete with the Buzz but I don't think that is the case. Sometimes it's all about the look. And from what I saw of the video it looked pretty sharp in stainless so I can't see how it won't look just as nice in aluminum. Good luck and I'm still psyched about it.

smokindeuce

Unregistered Supplier
ECF Veteran
Sep 22, 2008
UK
www.smokejuice.co.uk
Its too late now anyway, unless it can use 2x18xx with variable voltage the buzz has it beat long ago.

Sorry you feel that way unverno.... the Don does not have a variable voltage selector which IMO is a good thing - you never know when that soldered in VV gismo is going to give up the ghost and die. :facepalm:

The beauty of the Don is in its simplicity - all mechanical no solder.

Can the Buzz switch between two sizes depending on mood/preference? Does it have an adjustable telescopic switch to consider many different battery size options and also for adjusting the button throw? Does it have simple swappable atomiser adapters? Is it mechanical or is it more likely to fail due to added electronics? Does it have a lockable switch? Can you use it for 2-3 days without recharging? etc etc

If the answer to any of those is no then you can't really compare the two devices....

Its great that you've found your ideal PV unverno but to be fair not everyone's looking for the same thing and the Don still offers all possible voltage options 3.6, 5, 6, 7,4.

Anyway, once again I'm sorry that it's taken so long but in the end it will be better for it. :)

smokindeuce

Unregistered Supplier
ECF Veteran
Sep 22, 2008
UK
www.smokejuice.co.uk
HI, I'd love to see some pics. I can't wait to get mine, that I won a while back. bummer for you guys that it's taking so long. I'm sure it's pretty frustrating. The other poster said it can't compete with the Buzz but I don't think that is the case. Sometimes it's all about the look. And from what I saw of the video it looked pretty sharp in stainless so I can't see how it won't look just as nice in aluminum. Good luck and I'm still psyched about it.

Good to see you Brad and so sorry for the wait :( - I can do one better than that and will get a close up vid up in the next few days of the finished Don.... ;-)

Well Tim, all I can say to your body parts problem is that none of it ever would have happened if you would have eaten more SPAM as a child!

Mr Colonel you hit the nail on the forehead(spam)!! Good to see you still around! :toast:

smokindeuce

Unregistered Supplier
ECF Veteran
Sep 22, 2008
UK
www.smokejuice.co.uk
MEGALODON:

Don.JPG

ADJUSTABLE SWITCH:

Don%20Switch.JPG

MINI DON:

Mini%20Don.JPG