Spica Pro MTL clone by Coppervape

Status
Not open for further replies.

rifky

ECF Veteran
Nov 2, 2014
Indonesia
Here the answer but I still can get it. Maybe I will wait a real review from the other to explained.
Screenshot_2018-07-08-07-48-51.png

Chodi

ECF Veteran
Sep 10, 2016
I received mine today and posted my negative comments in the wrong thread. I should have paid attention. I posted my comments in the thread above meant for the original not the clone. I would advise anyone interested in the Coppervape clone to pop over to the other thread and read my comments. Or perhaps the mod will move my post over here to what is the correct thread. Yes, I feel stupid for posting in the wrong thread as I did not mean for it to appear a critique of the original. I have never owned the original so I have no idea if it has all the flaws I listed for this clone.

Reactions: RadiusNick

rifky

ECF Veteran
Nov 2, 2014
Indonesia
I received mine today and posted my negative comments in the wrong thread. I should have paid attention. I posted my comments in the thread above meant for the original not the clone. I would advise anyone interested in the Coppervape clone to pop over to the other thread and read my comments. Or perhaps the mod will move my post over here to what is the correct thread. Yes, I feel stupid for posting in the wrong thread as I did not mean for it to appear a critique of the original. I have never owned the original so I have no idea if it has all the flaws I listed for this clone.
What flaws? Can you write in this thread?

Chodi

ECF Veteran
Sep 10, 2016
I received my Coppervape Spica pro today. I have some warnings for anyone considering this. The top cap which must be removed to insert juice is poorly threaded. It is extremely difficult to get off and even more difficult to get back on. The reviews on the real Spica Pro complain about this but on the Coppervape version it is crazy hard to use. That is not the worst of it. When you insert the build deck completely into the build the juice holes on both side are not seen (yes, this is after fully opening the jfc). You must rotate the build deck until the juice flow holes line up with the opening in the juice flow control. If you do not do this you get no juice flow at all. In other words if you just screw the build deck on tightly as you would normally you will get the mother of all dry hits. Even once aligned and using the largest airflow pin this is a VERY TIGHT MTL. It is going to make some people very happy. Those who like sucking a golf ball through a straw. That is not really my thing. All my tanks are MTL but none are this tight (and I own many). If you are someone who would like the airflow of the sxk doggy style reduced by half then that is what you can expect on this rta with everything wide open.

So far even after rotating the base so that the juice flow holes line up I have not had leaks. Still this is a stupid flaw in the build. This is advertised as a monster in creating throat hit. They have that part right. It is too much for my taste no matter how I set the height of the adjustable insert. If you haven't guessed by now this not going to make it into my rotation. Some people looking to emulate a cigarette smoking experience may find this good but try at your own risk. If anyone is interested I am using a 2mm kanthal 28g coil spaced with KGD cotton. The tiny build screws would probably not allow anything much larger.

I should hasten to add that the original may have none of these flaws that I find in the clone. I don't own one so I cannot comment on that. I realized that the clone had a separate thread after I posted these comments. Sorry for that as this thread was meant for the original. My mistake.

Chodi

ECF Veteran
Sep 10, 2016
thanks for the review
i guess i'll have to go with original .
one thing i didn't really understand in your review;
when you screw the base all the way in, all should be sealed-meaning the juice control-and then you slowly turn the juice control to open it until it matches the deck holes.doesn't this work properly?

No actually that is not the problem. The problem is that if you screw the build deck into the rta as anyone normally would you will tighten it even if just a bit. Every rta I own works that way and I own dozens. On the clone if you insert the build into the rta then open the jfc if you look you will not see any of the cotton holes from your inserted build. That is because they are way off relative to the threads. So, I rotated the build (loosened) until I could see the cotton holes in the build deck. I did not do that on the first attempt and once I got through the primed juice I got a nasty dry hit. If you loosen the base counter clockwise about one quarter turn the jfc openings and the cotton holes in the build deck will line up. Then you can vape on this thing if you can handle the lack of airflow. I can't. I took the entire thing apart and cleaned it again then reassembled without any juice just to suck on the drip tip and see if any air at all was coming through. This is with the largest insert and all holes on the airflow open. I would swear there was practically nothing. I tried putting some water through to see if it was open at all and very little water came out of the airflow. I removed the pin which doubles as the 510 connector and then I could get airflow but obviously it cannot be used that way. I have since packed it away and resisted throwing it in the trash. I will wait until I cool off and try one more time before tossing it.

I own many mtl rta's. Probably most that you can think of. None have this problem with airflow so low that you would kill yourself sucking on this thing. I smoked for over forty years and no cigarette requires this lung pressure to take a drag. I would say wide open this is about 3 to 4 times as restricted as a normal cigarette. Maybe mine is just defective I really can't say.

Chodi

ECF Veteran
Sep 10, 2016
I feel your frustration but something doesn't sound right, I have both the clone and the authentic and neither of them have those issues.
Then I must assume that I have a manufacturing defect. I bought from 3F Vape and they opened a ticket to investigate the problem. I would be willing to return it to them at my expense. Honestly the one I have is so screwed up I have thought it must be a defect. When the tank is empty if you try to blow air through the drip tip with everything open all the way using the largest airflow insert the air coming from the airflow outlet is so slight it almost cannot be felt. I can blow as hard as I would if I was blowing up a balloon (perhaps harder) and almost no air comes through. That can't be right. The misalignment of the jfc is also a very strange issue. It is off so much that unless you unscrew the build deck one quarter turn you will get zero juice flow.

DEnto35

Apr 17, 2017
Then I must assume that I have a manufacturing defect. I bought from 3F Vape and they opened a ticket to investigate the problem. I would be willing to return it to them at my expense. Honestly the one I have is so screwed up I have thought it must be a defect. When the tank is empty if you try to blow air through the drip tip with everything open all the way using the largest airflow insert the air coming from the airflow outlet is so slight it almost cannot be felt. I can blow as hard as I would if I was blowing up a balloon (perhaps harder) and almost no air comes through. That can't be right. The misalignment of the jfc is also a very strange issue. It is off so much that unless you unscrew the build deck one quarter turn you will get zero juice flow.
I am using original one airflow control very restricted for me too. So i cut one of the airflow pin from where treats start. Like this 2 small airlow hole open i am using very comfortable.

Reactions: Chodi

mrjohs

ECF Veteran
Apr 3, 2015
It just occurred to me that I have their Skyline clone and it has the exact same issue. I've had their Skyline for several months and I noticed when you screw the build into the base tight the juice holes do not line up. One is open all the way and the other just barely exposed. I am guessing it is the same issue for the Spica clone. I don't know if they ever fixed it on later shipments of the CV Skyline. My Skyline wicks ok but would certainly be better if the jfc was properly aligned so that they opened equally.

On the skyline it does not matter that they are not aligned. There is distance between the outer bell and the juice holes, so the juice slips through to the cotton even if you cannot see the cotton.

Chodi

ECF Veteran
Sep 10, 2016
On the skyline it does not matter that they are not aligned. There is distance between the outer bell and the juice holes, so the juice slips through to the cotton even if you cannot see the cotton.
Interesting. It is not that way on the sample of the CV Spica Pro I have. When I just inserted the build deck all the way as you would with any rta I got a dry hit as soon as the priming juice ran out. Yes, the juice flow was open. I noticed when I watch a video on this rta that it clearly showed the two holes for the cotton on the build deck when the juice flow was open. So I rotated the build deck a quarter turn (loosened) until I could see the cotton through the juice flow openings. That works but the deck was obviously not on tight.

I have asked 3F for an RA to return this. If they don't issue one this rta is going in the trash.

Chodi

ECF Veteran
Sep 10, 2016
Oh no that don't sound promising. Hope I don't have get that RA from you in the near future...:w00t:
Unfortunately its the way it is with clones. I certainly have dumped a few...!
Me too. I've tossed a few but very few. This is Coppervape which is usually reliable. I own several of their clones that are perfect. They just screwed up on this one. At these prices for clones some are just going to be duds. Not a big deal when you consider how little they all cost.

• Agree
Reactions: Fredman1

mrjohs

ECF Veteran
Apr 3, 2015
Interesting. It is not that way on the sample of the CV Spica Pro I have. When I just inserted the build deck all the way as you would with any rta I got a dry hit as soon as the priming juice ran out. Yes, the juice flow was open. I noticed when I watch a video on this rta that it clearly showed the two holes for the cotton on the build deck when the juice flow was open. So I rotated the build deck a quarter turn (loosened) until I could see the cotton through the juice flow openings. That works but the deck was obviously not on tight.

Ok, I don't know about the Spica. I was talking about the Skyline, which I happened to pull out of the drawer yesterday and found out it actually vapes great.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Users who are viewing this thread