Spica Pro MTL clone by Coppervape

Status
Not open for further replies.

Fredman1

Vaping Master
ECF Veteran
Mar 27, 2017
New Zealand
Interesting..I haven't experienced any dry hits on the one hole. No leaking issues either. I wicked it with rayon...mostly because of its better wicking qualities, but in saying that, I had no issues with organic cotton either.
I accept there will be differences to the authentic...its a cheaper made clone. I would've prefered to get an authentic, but in this case, i'm glad I didn't as this thing performs flawless for me. It really does.
I suppose i'm one of the lucky ones. I'm actually very peed off with coppervape in releasing how many that's unusable, and basically ignoring those customers after. I'm going to put a proper negative write up on their facebook page about that....for what its worth. Just as principle..i'll be hard pressed to buy another coppervape clone again.
With the explosion of manufacturers and products...I don't really need to either...!

Lalli

ECF Veteran
Aug 16, 2018
Had to create account to comment on this as I just got the RTA. JFC on this works great, it does not matter if you see the deck holes or not, juice gets there as long as you have opened the JFC. I cant see any problem with this.

I have tanks like Kf3 mini, Kf5, Prime, Skyline, GT3, (All clones) and Berserker, Siren 1 etc.

And to me this is on par if not better than any of those.

Excellent vape for MTL- lovers. And the wick stays wet even if I dont see wick holes, wicks great and no dry hits at all.

Fredman1

Vaping Master
ECF Veteran
Mar 27, 2017
New Zealand
My clone wicks and vapes beautifully, with only one hole per side. I put it right up there with my best RTAs (expensive originals included).
For me its a given that the original will vape better, but with what I have, i'm more than happy...especially considering I paid 7 times less.
I've been there...won't buy a expensive original again, when I can get a well made clone. At the rate they're bettering RTAs nowadays, there's one coming out tomorrow...or the day after.

• Agree
Reactions: mrjohs

Fredman1

Vaping Master
ECF Veteran
Mar 27, 2017
New Zealand
True...that's how it is with clones. When you strike it lucky, you can save a lot of money...if not you don't loose much.
Like when I bought the original Rose from England...paid a lot of hard earned money for it and used it once..way to loose on the draw for me. Kicked myself because I didn't get the clone...

Lalli

ECF Veteran
Aug 16, 2018
Comparing to the authentic as I have both the authentic and the clone, I can tell you that the clone does not wick properly, how can it when the juice ports aren't exposed with the juice flow open.
The clone without a doubt gives you a dryer, harsher vape.

Clone has a gap between the juice flow control/tank section and the deck. (small red arrows in the attached picture)

When you open the JFC, liquid enters the gap that goes around the deck.

And the deck's wick holes are on the inner side of the gap, and juice has access to them and to your cotton.
That is why it does not matter if the wick holes are visible from the JFC openings or not.

It is a bit similar situation with Skyline RTA if you are familiar with that, you can see only one of the two wick holes but juice enters both of them.

It is a difficult to explain, but that is the best I can do.

I can't comment if a real one wicks better, sadly I can't afford one. I believe it works well and is a very, very good tank, but I have zero trouble wicking with the clone. It keeps up very well, I get no dry hits at all.

37059846_2001874520127072_5538475179912462336_n-png.761149

Attachments

• 37059846_2001874520127072_5538475179912462336_n.png
    37059846_2001874520127072_5538475179912462336_n.png
    48.2 KB · Views: 713
Last edited:

Fredman1

Vaping Master
ECF Veteran
Mar 27, 2017
New Zealand
Clone has a gap between the juice flow control/tank section and the deck.
I'll have a closer look at mine when this tank is empty. I had a suspicion all along it might be the case. Like I said above in the thread...i'm sure one can drill two new holes to get an open wicking hole...

Fredman1

Vaping Master
ECF Veteran
Mar 27, 2017
New Zealand
doesn't having this gap means the JC can never be fully closed?
I just stripped mine. The recess is on the inside and connects the bell holes. The outside bell (JFC) seals it off when closed. For it to receive liquid, at least one hole of the JFC must be aligned with the inside bell. All one needs is one hole really. Its not that difficult to drill one hole per side...if one has the equipment to do so that is.

Reactions: RadiusNick

Lalli

ECF Veteran
Aug 16, 2018
doesn't having this gap means the JC can never be fully closed?

It can be fully closed, when you close the JFC it stops liquid from the tank entering the gap.

You can have a full tank, close JFC and take the tank off without turning the atty upside down and no liquid will leak out of the tank, just like you can do with the original one.

Lalli

ECF Veteran
Aug 16, 2018
I just stripped mine. The recess is on the inside and connects the bell holes. The outside bell (JFC) seals it off when closed. For it to receive liquid, at least one hole of the JFC must be aligned with the inside bell. All one needs is one hole really. Its not that difficult to drill one hole per side...if one has the equipment to do so that is.

I don’t understand why would you need drill extra holes and where? When you open the JFC, outer side of the deck, where the 2 wickholes are on both sides, is surrounded by liquid all around it (on that gap pictured earlier, or recess or what ever it should be called?)

Fredman1

Vaping Master
ECF Veteran
Mar 27, 2017
New Zealand
I don’t understand why would you need drill extra holes and where?
Only for those attys that when the JFC is opened, you see nothing but st st... as said above the build deck thread screws on to far. You'll have to find the spot where the hole is in the build deck, and drill a hole (best is a hole per side) through the outer bell so the juice can flow to the deck. The JFC moves in the middle of the two, and will open and close on it.

Lalli

ECF Veteran
Aug 16, 2018
But it doesn't matter at all how the wick holes in the deck are aligned, or how the JFC ports are aligned to the deck and its wick holes.

That gap/recess/channel that Coppervape added goes fully around the inner bell, 360 degrees.
So as long as the JFC is opened, no matter what direction the deck and its wick holes are, there is juice entering those wick holes.

So there is no need for any extra holes anywhere.

This is a very difficult thing to understand and to explain but we will get there :thumbs: and if we don't that's fine too. ;)

Fredman1

Vaping Master
ECF Veteran
Mar 27, 2017
New Zealand
But it doesn't matter at all how the wick holes in the deck are aligned, or how the JFC ports are aligned to the deck and its wick holes.

That gap/recess/channel that Coppervape added goes fully around the inner bell, 360 degrees.
So as long as the JFC is opened, no matter what direction the deck and its wick holes are, there is juice entering those wick holes.

So there is no need for any extra holes anywhere.
Yeah in theory you're right... the juice will eventually get to the deck without making a new hole...also about the fact that its a thing to difficult to communicate about :thumb:

I measured the gap and its only 0.5mm. In theory the gap is there for the juice to flow, but I don't think juices will flow well there...especially not thicker ones. As I see it a new hole will solve that..for it to wick effectively a deck wick hole must be exposed to the juice when opened.

Last edited:
Reactions: Lalli

Lalli

ECF Veteran
Aug 16, 2018
Yeah juice has longer way to travel and that gap is not very large. For me it has worked, wick stays well saturated. I use 85% vg but others might use even thicker liquid.

And why Coppervape made this change I don’t understand. It does the job but it’s no improvement to the original.

All in all I’m starting to feel that Spica clone might be the best atty I ever had, the airflow is smoother than anything else I’ve tried.
Berserker on the smallest hole is tighter but this is tight enough for me and you can fine tune that tightness well.

Also flavor is perhaps not the absloute best, but still very good.

• Agree
Reactions: Fredman1

Fredman1

Vaping Master
ECF Veteran
Mar 27, 2017
New Zealand
85% VG..wow. When yours is fully opened, how much hole(s) do you see?
Yeah I agree very much, this is one of the best for me. What I love most, is its a genuine MTL. Not a compromised dual like so many others. They don't really work for me.
Does yours also darken the liquid at the bottom after a while? The Skyline used to do that to..

Fredman1

Vaping Master
ECF Veteran
Mar 27, 2017
New Zealand
20180822_160035.jpg
@Lalli
I just tried something to test what you say. I replaced the wick and put in the clear glass to see better. I primed and filled it but kept the JFC semi closed so no hole is open to the liquid (see photo).
Been vaping on it for an hour, and it keeps up perfectly with the wicking. Bubbles and all...:thumbs:
You are right my friend. This thing don't need an open hole to wick. I suspect they made the channel because of their treading problem.
Now I can't help but wondering why others have a wicking problem...?

• Agree
Reactions: Lalli
Status
Not open for further replies.

Users who are viewing this thread